Moan of the Month

Please feel free to post you gripes here.

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Toss » Mon May 07, 2018 10:54 pm

Micheál wrote:Is there Tax payable on these particular Irish Apples?

M.


:lol: :lol: :lol:
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
User avatar
Toss
Skies are Blue
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: A figment of your imagination

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Dancer » Mon May 07, 2018 11:22 pm

Toss wrote: ..... there's very little left here that's 100% Irish.

hellllo I’m 100% Irish :D although someone told me today that I look Finnish ......more like finished says I :lol:
xx Dancer xx

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Audrey Hepburn
User avatar
Dancer
Deliciously,delectable, delightful Dancer
 
Posts: 1988
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:05 pm
Location: Google maps

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Toss » Tue May 08, 2018 9:25 pm

Dancer wrote:
Toss wrote: ..... there's very little left here that's 100% Irish.

hellllo I’m 100% Irish :D although someone told me today that I look Finnish ......more like finished says I :lol:


It must be a reindeer thing ...... :lol: :lol: :lol:



(Welcome back Dancer ;) )
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
User avatar
Toss
Skies are Blue
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: A figment of your imagination

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Dancer » Thu May 10, 2018 12:03 am

Toss wrote:
It must be a reindeer thing ...... :lol: :lol: :lol:



(Welcome back Dancer ;) )


Thank you Toss, hope all is well with you ? Where’s Snowy ?
xx Dancer xx

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Audrey Hepburn
User avatar
Dancer
Deliciously,delectable, delightful Dancer
 
Posts: 1988
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:05 pm
Location: Google maps

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Snowhite » Fri May 11, 2018 11:57 pm

Anseo ;) I look in everyday but don't always log in, it's very very quiet dontknow
Life isn't tied with a Bow, But it's still a Gift.
User avatar
Snowhite
At the end of the Pier... Peace...
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:43 pm
Location: Loughlinstown

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Denis Cromie » Sat May 12, 2018 8:40 pm

Snowhite wrote:Anseo ;) I look in everyday but don't always log in, it's very very quiet dontknow


Cén fá nach bhfuil to ag caint. :D
Last edited by Denis Cromie on Sun May 13, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Denis Cromie
Ex-Chief Chocolate Enrober
 
Posts: 3039
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:57 am
Location: Greystones

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Strum » Sat May 12, 2018 9:44 pm

Snowhite wrote:Anseo ;) I look in everyday but don't always log in, it's very very quiet dontknow



That's because you don't log in and post. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Strum
Administrator
 
Posts: 9761
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:03 pm
Location: Sallysupermarket, Thomastown.

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Strum » Sat May 12, 2018 9:44 pm

Denis Cromie wrote: Cén tá nach bhfuil to ag caint. :D


Like I said. :D
User avatar
Strum
Administrator
 
Posts: 9761
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:03 pm
Location: Sallysupermarket, Thomastown.

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Rocker » Sun May 13, 2018 12:45 am

Snowhite wrote:Anseo ;) I look in everyday but don't always log in, it's very very quiet dontknow


I can be guilty of that too Snowy but, then, the chatterbox in me takes over :lol: :lol:

I love the Anseo !! When I was a child at Carysfort National School we had the roll every morning and they called out our Irish names. At five years of age there I was answering Anseo ! brings me right back :o
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
User avatar
Rocker
Globetrotter
 
Posts: 6461
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: The Rock

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Strum » Sun May 13, 2018 12:57 am

Is rael with the chicken song?
User avatar
Strum
Administrator
 
Posts: 9761
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:03 pm
Location: Sallysupermarket, Thomastown.

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby keeper » Sun May 13, 2018 8:36 pm

Boy I'm not your toy dontknow dontknow plus votes from #Metoo movement dontknow . Her after show remarks I didn't like either, terrible "song" and woeful "singing" just pure poppycock :evil: :evil:
User avatar
keeper
Somewhere over the rainbow
 
Posts: 1804
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Rocker » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:12 am

O.K. time for a good moan.

During the snow the state told us to stay in and don't go to work.
During the storms the state told us to stay in and closed the parks.
During the heatwave the state tells us to stay in and not turn on our water, not to wash, not to fill the paddling pools, not to water plants.....

Every snowy country for millions of years has been getting on with their everyday life as if nothing is altered..
Every hot and tropical country gets through the heat NORMALLY and gets on with it...just let us be normal like every country and stop moaning on the T.V and media about dire consequences.

There were farmers on the telly last night standing in their dry fields moaning about shortages...every country I visit has huge field wide sprinklers watering crops...get with the plot Irish farmers...get the equipment and do the job!!!
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
User avatar
Rocker
Globetrotter
 
Posts: 6461
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: The Rock

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Strum » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:55 pm

Rocker wrote:There were farmers on the telly last night standing in their dry fields moaning about shortages...every country I visit has huge field wide sprinklers watering crops...get with the plot Irish farmers...get the equipment and do the job!!!



I was watching that Rocker, absolute disgrace, farms with no water for two days with all that livestock and they had to travel elsewhere to bring in water just for the livestock. Irish Water at work. Not enough revenue in farming for the government is there? But I bet for all the breweries and other industries that use untold amounts of water daily it's business as usual. Absolute disgrace. Oh I already said that.
User avatar
Strum
Administrator
 
Posts: 9761
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:03 pm
Location: Sallysupermarket, Thomastown.

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Toss » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:51 pm

Strum wrote:
Rocker wrote:There were farmers on the telly last night standing in their dry fields moaning about shortages...every country I visit has huge field wide sprinklers watering crops...get with the plot Irish farmers...get the equipment and do the job!!!



I was watching that Rocker, absolute disgrace, farms with no water for two days with all that livestock and they had to travel elsewhere to bring in water just for the livestock. Irish Water at work. Not enough revenue in farming for the government is there? But I bet for all the breweries and other industries that use untold amounts of water daily it's business as usual. Absolute disgrace. Oh I already said that.


and that's water that will be exported for huge profits :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm reminded of the lyric ...... "how long ? how long must we sing this song?".... as long as the same clique get voted in, nothing will change.
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
User avatar
Toss
Skies are Blue
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: A figment of your imagination

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby gingertom » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:10 pm

Toss wrote:
Strum wrote:
Rocker wrote:There were farmers on the telly last night standing in their dry fields moaning about shortages...every country I visit has huge field wide sprinklers watering crops...get with the plot Irish farmers...get the equipment and do the job!!!



I was watching that Rocker, absolute disgrace, farms with no water for two days with all that livestock and they had to travel elsewhere to bring in water just for the livestock. Irish Water at work. Not enough revenue in farming for the government is there? But I bet for all the breweries and other industries that use untold amounts of water daily it's business as usual. Absolute disgrace. Oh I already said that.


and that's water that will be exported for huge profits :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm reminded of the lyric ...... "how long ? how long must we sing this song?".... as long as the same clique get voted in, nothing will change.



https://www.irishtimes.com/business/agr ... -1.3256871

It appears that it is brewed in other countries, whilst using their national water supply for production. I wonder do these foreign breweries distribute product within their indigenous and adjacent markets? Most likely is the answer.
zingerberi capillus et bene moratus.
User avatar
gingertom
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:30 pm
Location: with the wigs

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Toss » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:38 pm

Whilst it is easily to find ways of defending the profiteering monster that is Diageo by pointing the finger towards other countries, as far as I am concerned that is for the people of those countries to deal with and I very much doubt that they can deny St. James’s Gate Brewery is the biggest stout export brewery in the world. Even Diageo say such in their fact sheet #2 https://www.guinness-storehouse.com/content/pdf/factsheets/factsheet_pdf_6.pdf and since the FG leader opened the James Gate Brew house No.4 75% of Guinness made here is exported.

Indeed St James’s Gate is now responsible for 35% of all beer produced by Diageo worldwide and that's before we get to all the other drinks. I have talked about this before and feel its worth pointing out again .... it takes over 35 litre's of water to make ONE bottle of Whiskey ! making alcohol is water intensive and and VERY profitable for the makers https://www.thespiritsbusiness.com/2018/01/irish-whiskey-exports-up-by-20-to-e600m/.

Its been discussed here before ... water is the new 'gold' and most Irish people see it as a right, its only the profiteers that see it as a commodity to be sold to the highest bidder.
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
User avatar
Toss
Skies are Blue
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: A figment of your imagination

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby gingertom » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:08 pm

Toss wrote:Whilst it is easily to find ways of defending the profiteering monster that is Diageo by pointing the finger towards other countries, as far as I am concerned that is for the people of those countries to deal with and I very much doubt that they can deny St. James’s Gate Brewery is the biggest stout export brewery in the world. Even Diageo say such in their fact sheet #2 https://www.guinness-storehouse.com/content/pdf/factsheets/factsheet_pdf_6.pdf and since the FG leader opened the James Gate Brew house No.4 75% of Guinness made here is exported.

Indeed St James’s Gate is now responsible for 35% of all beer produced by Diageo worldwide and that's before we get to all the other drinks. I have talked about this before and feel its worth pointing out again .... it takes over 35 litre's of water to make ONE bottle of Whiskey ! making alcohol is water intensive and and VERY profitable for the makers https://www.thespiritsbusiness.com/2018/01/irish-whiskey-exports-up-by-20-to-e600m/.

Its been discussed here before ... water is the new 'gold' and most Irish people see it as a right, its only the profiteers that see it as a commodity to be sold to the highest bidder.


Obviously anything can be defended, as there is always an opposing viewpoint. I recall that Diageo have a well on their Dublin site, which if present, permits the Riparian constitutional right to use such, with legislative regulation.

http://www.flooding.ie/Farming/RightsRe ... andowners/

Interesting information on the above link from the Office of Public Works.Therefore, its clear that constitutional property rights come into play, which a company can avail of, to permit it to be capable of using legal rights similar to a natural person, just like you and me. Therefore a company can legally buy, sell and profit from its property as it so decides, through its officers, anything it owns. So if they own the well....
No point in moaning.
zingerberi capillus et bene moratus.
User avatar
gingertom
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:30 pm
Location: with the wigs

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Toss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:01 pm

Maybe the source of the well needs to be fully traced with all landowners informed along the way. I'm sure Mr Diagio would be happy to adhere to the Riparian rights of all those identified, especially those who have lost out after he has had his fill from the fountain of profit each year.
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
User avatar
Toss
Skies are Blue
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: A figment of your imagination

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Strum » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:31 pm

Uh huh. What a con from the very beginning. :roll:


"It’s fake news time again..."


https://www.right2water.ie/blog/it%E2%8 ... tion-water
User avatar
Strum
Administrator
 
Posts: 9761
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:03 pm
Location: Sallysupermarket, Thomastown.

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Rocker » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:39 am

Everyone is on the radio this morning having a dig at the poor weather and water or lack of it and the gulf stream ….Is there no forward planning??
Did the Councils not tell Irish Water where the leaks were??
Did the farmers never think of sinking rain water harvesting containers???
Why did the farmers allow the big supermarket chains drive down the vegetable prices till there was no profit margin??
Why hit the low hung fruit...the householder (Dublin)???
The climate is changing...have we no experts anywhere in our country who could think of solutions to problems???
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
User avatar
Rocker
Globetrotter
 
Posts: 6461
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: The Rock

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Strum » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:05 pm

Rocker wrote:have we no experts anywhere in our country who could think of solutions to problems???




Sorry for laughing but... :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Strum
Administrator
 
Posts: 9761
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:03 pm
Location: Sallysupermarket, Thomastown.

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Strum » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:09 pm

Image
User avatar
Strum
Administrator
 
Posts: 9761
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:03 pm
Location: Sallysupermarket, Thomastown.

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Toss » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:58 pm

Strum wrote:Uh huh. What a con from the very beginning. :roll:


"It’s fake news time again..."


https://www.right2water.ie/blog/it%E2%8 ... tion-water


Whilst every word of that is true and makes sense .... it is wasted as it does contain enough cryptic words to bamboozle the average punter. Maybe the addition of some Latin phrases would make it legitimate enough to sound intimidating and generate fear among the decision making clique. :lol:
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
User avatar
Toss
Skies are Blue
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: A figment of your imagination

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Rocker » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:39 am

I thought Megan and Harry would have had Kingstown on their itinerary...but no they went to the Epic Museum instead. I wonder who sets the itinerary for those visits? Do they just go along with what they are told to visit? Wouldn't it have been a boost to Wetherspoons if they had had a bit of nosh there?? or looked in on the Lexicon ?? a stroll down the pier and an ice cream in Teddys :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
User avatar
Rocker
Globetrotter
 
Posts: 6461
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: The Rock

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Dancer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:49 pm

Rocker wrote:I thought Megan and Harry would have had Kingstown on their itinerary...but no they went to the Epic Museum instead. I wonder who sets the itinerary for those visits? Do they just go along with what they are told to visit? Wouldn't it have been a boost to Wetherspoons if they had had a bit of nosh there?? or looked in on the Lexicon ?? a stroll down the pier and an ice cream in Teddys :lol: :lol: :lol:


I think Harry wanted to be home in time for the match dontknow :lol:
xx Dancer xx

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Audrey Hepburn
User avatar
Dancer
Deliciously,delectable, delightful Dancer
 
Posts: 1988
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:05 pm
Location: Google maps

PreviousNext

Return to THE MOAN FORUM



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest