Sport

Drop in here to chat about anything, or if you're not sure where to put a topic, post it in here.

Sport

Postby Denis Cromie » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:20 am

Hope to restart the Sport Topic. Paul Dunne,member of Greystones Golf Club yesterday qualified for the British Open. He also qualified last year,but I was away last year so couldn't comment. Paul is a wonderful young man, who I've known, since he was 8 and although golf can make young people selfish and arrogant,Paul has none of those traits, he is what all parents wish their children would be. Greystones GC. are rightly proud that one of their former juniors is again playing with the best golfers in the World. I've played with Paul on a couple of occasions and I was always impressed with his modesty,his drives may have been 100 yrds ahead of mine but he'd just go along as if your shot was just as good as his. He comes from a wonderful family and I'm absolutely delighted for him. wuu wuu wuu
Denis Cromie
Ex-Chief Chocolate Enrober

Re: Sport

Postby Rocker » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:54 am

Great to see the sports topic again Denis. As the chief programme seller I am delighted.

Great also to hear of your club member's success. It lifts the whole game for all the other members and encourages other young lads to pracice and achieve.

Every success to young Paul Dunne. I bet we will be hearing a lot more about him.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Toss » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:41 pm

Denis Cromie wrote:Hope to restart the Sport Topic. Paul Dunne,member of Greystones Golf Club yesterday qualified for the British Open. He also qualified last year,but I was away last year so couldn't comment. Paul is a wonderful young man, who I've known, since he was 8 and although golf can make young people selfish and arrogant,Paul has none of those traits, he is what all parents wish their children would be. Greystones GC. are rightly proud that one of their former juniors is again playing with the best golfers in the World. I've played with Paul on a couple of occasions and I was always impressed with his modesty,his drives may have been 100 yrds ahead of mine but he'd just go along as if your shot was just as good as his. He comes from a wonderful family and I'm absolutely delighted for him. wuu wuu wuu

Well done indeed, hes a great prospect and a credit to his club. wuu
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Harjoe » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:32 pm

Well done to Paul hope he does well sorry for not posting recently as I am only out of hospital after having my hip replaced it was all the kickings I got from a little red headed guy from Cross Avenue dont know to happened to him
Harjoe
Executive Member

Postby Rocker » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:49 pm

Harjoe,

Wishing you a speedy recovery. You will then be able to kick him back.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Sinead » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:15 pm

Harjoe, get well soon and get back kicking.

Sinéad
Sinead

Postby Denis Cromie » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:43 pm

And there I was thinking that Sinéad and Rocker were me friends. Typical, put the boot into the little lad. :lol: Best wishes Harjoe for a speedy recovery,only the better footballers have to have their hips replaced. hellllo
Denis Cromie

Postby grammer » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:42 am

Ahhh Harjoe it is really true As DC has said
only Real footballers have to have new hip joints and new knees-
So you have joined that elite band
get well soon. wuu wuu wuu wuu
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Harjoe » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:19 am

Thanks lads I was only able to STOP real footballers playing my problem was the marathon running that's what wore me down six years ago I was told I had artritus and continued to play indoor football as well as swimming etc but the last six month it got worse in the last six months and standing at games was painful ,so I got a chance of a cancellation in private or wait 18 months for Cappagh so I went for it ,but they found other stuff at the pre-opp that has to be addressed so tests had to be made and a week after the opp I am getting there thanks to my great family its been had and sore and a big surprise to one who cant sit still but getting better every day thank God so Denis ( PUB 7 a side for geriatrics) next.
Harjoe
Executive Member

Postby Denis Cromie » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:22 am

Glad to hear you're recovering. :D On this geriatrics team I think that I'll play on your team in that way there will be less chance of you trying to get your own back and kick the bejaysus out of me alongwith you're cheerleaders Rocker and Sinéad. :lol:
Denis Cromie

Postby Sinead » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:13 pm

You are boxing cleaver Denis, wanting to be on Harjoe's Team.
I am certain neither of you ever kicked another player, not in
view of the referee anyway.
I will certainly be a cheer leader at that match, I will also
bring a bottle of Jemmy to revive yis.

Sinéad
Sinead

Postby Denis Cromie » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:47 pm

Only one bottle. :lol:
Denis Cromie

Postby Sinead » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:22 pm

Denis, I thought I would have some left. At this stage of your
lives surely you can't drink much any more!

Sinéad
Sinead

Postby Denis Cromie » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:03 am

Maybe not, but it doesn't stop a lad from trying,particularly if it's free. :lol:
Denis Cromie

Postby keeper » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:28 pm

Wishing you a speedy recovery Harjoe hellllo I think it was the Nutmegs that caught up with ya :shock: having to twist suddenly to catch the cheeky brats like a " certain red head " as you said yourself :lol: :lol:
keeper

Postby Rocker » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:39 am

Denis Cromie wrote:Hope to restart the Sport Topic. Paul Dunne,member of Greystones Golf Club yesterday qualified for the British Open. He also qualified last year,but I was away last year so couldn't comment. Paul is a wonderful young man, who I've known, since he was 8 and although golf can make young people selfish and arrogant,Paul has none of those traits, he is what all parents wish their children would be. Greystones GC. are rightly proud that one of their former juniors is again playing with the best golfers in the World. I've played with Paul on a couple of occasions and I was always impressed with his modesty,his drives may have been 100 yrds ahead of mine but he'd just go along as if your shot was just as good as his. He comes from a wonderful family and I'm absolutely delighted for him. wuu wuu wuu

Looking good Denis.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Denis Cromie » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:11 am

It's great Rocker. He's conducting himself so well but I hope that he doesn't get nervous with all the media coverage. For someone so young to be leading the field on the last day of The British Open, and to have seen him growing up, is just amazing. And interestingly his caddy/coach Alan Murray was also a junior member of the Club so they know each other so well. To be honest if he wins the Silver Medal I'd be delighted, winning the Open is the stuff of dreams, and you know, dreams sometimes come true. It's going to be a long day.
Denis Cromie

Postby Toss » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:57 am

Denis Cromie wrote:It's great Rocker. He's conducting himself so well but I hope that he doesn't get nervous with all the media coverage. For someone so young to be leading the field on the last day of The British Open, and to have seen him growing up, is just amazing. And interestingly his caddy/coach Alan Murray was also a junior member of the Club so they know each other so well. To be honest if he wins the Silver Medal I'd be delighted, winning the Open is the stuff of dreams, and you know, dreams sometimes come true. It's going to be a long day.

Its certainly an amazing performance so far and theres no doubt he's been growing in confidence, I hope he had a good nights sleep and gives it his best today. Its a tough call, as I'm delighted for Paddy Harrington and have a few bob on Justin Rose from day one :roll: Hand on my heart, I think I would like PH to win iot the most as hes been thru hell and so many know it all's have written him off. Paul Dunne is one for the future and once he turns pro, he will soon be winning as he appears to have the ideal temperament for the game.

As you say Denis 'its going to be a long day', but hopefully the best major for many years with so many in with a chance of winning.
Toss

Postby Denis Cromie » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:45 pm

Yeh it was a long day Toss. I'm afraid that all the media attention got to Paul but I'm sure he'll learn from the experience. I was hoping that Harrington could do the bizz but it wasn't to be. Nevermind there's always next year. scry
Denis Cromie

Postby grammer » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:15 pm

Pity but -we have another star in the making wuu wuu wuu
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby jabra » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:36 pm

Watched it all day yesterday and today pity about young Paul Dunne he was doing so well yesterday
also a pity about Harrington he faded after a promising start today but I'm sure both will be back
Jabra
jabra
Advanced Member

Postby Sinead » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:44 pm

Well they may not have won but they survived and held
their heads up. Denis, I did not want to comment about
Paul earlier in case I put the mockers on him.

Sinéad
Sinead

Postby Toss » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:09 pm

Denis Cromie wrote:Yeh it was a long day Toss. I'm afraid that all the media attention got to Paul but I'm sure he'll learn from the experience. I was hoping that Harrington could do the bizz but it wasn't to be. Nevermind there's always next year. scry

Yeah, I think the occasion got to him ..... but I also think some of his army of fans who travelled over there should seriously take a look at themselves as they need to learn that theres a time to shut up and let the player play. :oops:

He will be back and heres hoping he has a long and successful career.
Toss

Postby Sinead » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:29 pm

Denis, didn't see you on the TV in Greystones Clubhouse!

Sinéad
Sinead

Postby Rocker » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:45 am

Well done to Paul. It was a very tall order but, he was right up there with the best of them. Wait till he is professional then he can take the money if he wins. Didn't realise until today that amateurs only get the cup.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Next

Return to GENERAL CHAT