Looking for Ger Kavanagh sallynoggin/pearse park

Our Roots, Families, past Generations etc...

Searching for lost relative pearse park area

Postby katrina271 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:00 am

Hi im new here so hope ok to ask following
Looking for Ger Kavanagh would be early 60s i think was from pearse park pr road area of sallynoggin. used to work in olde mould company i think. Lost relative and id love to find him. anyone know of a Ger? I have been searching about 20 years now so dont think ill ever find him being the name is common but you never know which is why im posting. he would have been around bray in late 70s early 80s and im told his father was named augustus or augustine but not sure how true that is. he had possible middle name of dominic again im not sure how true.
katrina271
Stellar Member

Looking for Ger Kavanagh sallynoggin/pearse park

Postby katrina271 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:47 am

Hi im new here so hope ok to ask following
Looking for Ger Kavanagh would be early 60s i think was from pearse park pr road area of sallynoggin. used to work in olde mould company i think. Lost relative and id love to find him. anyone know of a Ger? I have been searching about 20 years now so dont think ill ever find him being the name is common but you never know which is why im posting. he would have been around bray in late 70s early 80s and im told his father was named augustus or augustine but not sure how true that is. he had possible middle name of dominic again im not sure how true.katrina271
katrina271
Stellar Member

Re: Searching for lost relative pearse park area

Postby Gerald » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:44 am

I don't know myself, but have you could try also posting on the Sallynoggin Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/56577952504/
Gerald
Advanced Member

Postby katrina271 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:49 am

Hiya i will sound mad but i dont like facebooks or that kind of social networking so i dont have an account. personal choice. Hope thats ok to say! but thanks for your advice. Its a long shot anyway i prob never find him
katrina271
Stellar Member

Postby bugrock » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:30 pm

I don't like Facebook either Katrina, but I would suggest that in pursuit of privacy, Ger should be able to consent to his particulars being made public.
Hope to hear more from you Katrina, and welcome. hellllo hellllo hellllo
If it don't make your ears bleed, it ain't rock 'n' roll!
bugrock
In the Bold Member Corner

Postby katrina271 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:00 pm

Thanks and sorry I was not sure if i should put post up but this seemed like respectful kind of forum - i didnt want to put something out on facebook etc. and thought if i was here someone local might know something and could PM me. If you think perhaps i should remove this i will. I have tried few things over the years including local church and trying to get birth cert but to no avail. i tried ad in local paper. i even emailed the noggin inn at one point cos i feel he still lives in pearse park area and must drink there. ho hum the search goes on!
katrina271
Stellar Member

Postby Strum » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:21 pm

Hi Katrina and welcome to the site. No leave the post, there's quite a few nogginers here and somebody might see the topic and know something. I gave up farcebook a few months ago so I can't help you there. All the best with your search. ;)
Strum
Administrator

Postby Dancer » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:59 pm

Hi Katrina,

there are lots of folk on here who are great at finding people . If Rocker sees this , she'll be on it
straight away . I hope you get the info you need. Give a few days and see what happens.
Best of luck in your search hellllo
xx Dancer xx

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer
Deliciously,delectable, delightful Dancer

Postby grammer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:25 am

bugrock wrote:I don't like Facebook either Katrina, but I would suggest that in pursuit of privacy, Ger should be able to consent to his particulars being made public.
Hope to hear more from you Katrina, and welcome. hellllo hellllo hellllo

Hi Katrina -I agree with bugrock--.
Privacy should be a priority-----!!!!!!!!
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Re: Looking for Ger Kavanagh sallynoggin/pearse park

Postby grammer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:27 am

Katrina welcome to the site
hope you enjoy it here and stay with us.
On your search-----------
Privacy should be a priority!!!!!
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Strum » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:56 am

grammer wrote:Privacy should be a priority-----!!!!!!!!

Ah c'mon now, how on Earth can somebody search for somebody if they can't mention a name and a few details? Sorry but that's just ridiculous Grammer. :roll: How was the Gradge tonight? :mrgreen:
Strum
Administrator

Postby bugrock » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:24 am

I have a friend who is a registered private detective(debt collector) who uses local sites and facebook to find his subjects. I'm not for one minute suggesting this happens here, but I've always found it good policy if I know someone who is being sought by someone I don't know, to let them know they are being sought, so they can make themselves known.
No suspicious intent at all Katrina, just a point.
bugrock

Postby katrina271 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:21 am

It really isint possible to search without giving out some details. I have no bad intent and if i did get any info relating to my search my intentions would only be to write a letter to this relative and if i got no reply I would end the search.
katrina271
Stellar Member

Postby katrina271 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:24 am

It really isint possible to search without giving out some details. I dont really have the spare cash to hire private detectives and I guess I have always felt he would like to know I at least looked for him and that i am happy. I have no bad intent and if i did get any info relating to my search my intentions would only be to write a letter to this relative and if i got no reply I would end the search.
katrina271
Stellar Member

Postby Jemser » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:05 am

Hi Katrina271, I am from Sallynoggin but I have not heard of the person that you seek. He would be a few years older than me and that makes a difference when growing up, as close ages tend to stick together. I wish you all the best in your search and hope you find some information that may help you.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best 1946-2005
Jemser
Quizmaster Supreme

Postby bugrock » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:06 am

If Rocker can't help, try ringing all the pubs in the area and just ask for him. Might turn up something, unless he's a teetotaller.
bugrock

Postby grammer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:37 am

Strum wrote:
grammer wrote:Privacy should be a priority-----!!!!!!!!

Ah c'mon now, how on Earth can somebody search for somebody if they can't mention a name and a few details? Sorry but that's just ridiculous Grammer. :roll: How was the Gradge tonight? :mrgreen:

How was the Gradge tonight?

Your a howl -do you write your own jokes Strum :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ????

While I have no doubt Katrina is genuine -I think if anyone can help it should be done privately -

Your the Admin. you know best :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Dancer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:47 am

Now now ladies - a saucer of milk , anyone ?!

If you are all so concerned about privacy , why don't you log on to your FB accounts and
make some discreet enquiries . If you happen to come across Ger or someone who knows
him, then perhaps you could direct their attention to this topic. Who knows, it could all
work out absolutely fine!!

Where's Johndle when you need him? johndllle
xx Dancer xx

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer

Postby katrina271 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:57 am

I understand both view points expressed here re privacy issue. So Ger may not want to know and deserves his privacy and thats 100 per cent acceptable in my book. But then I think well what if he has always wondered too and i think its worth taking the chance. I tried a good few things over years its the name being common that has caused me issues. a few years ago i created a facebook account to try find him but no luck . although i found one man who knew him from school and said he still leaves in pearse park area near noggin inn. I since decided i didnt want facebook in my life. If anything comes from this site i will promise to write a letter to him only and if no reply then ill leave him be and also delete these posts. thanks everyone for at least seeming to care! enough to reply.
katrina271
Stellar Member

Postby bugrock » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:41 pm

Katrina, you have to keep this topic open a bit longer. Not everyone looks in on the same week. The longer it's open the better the chance of finding Ger.
By the way, the privacy I meant was not what you posted, but rather Ger's consent to post his whereabouts(when we find him). Image
bugrock

Postby katrina271 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:46 pm

Your very kind thanks. be amazing really i think. im off an age now being 35 he would be in sixties i think so as years get on the chances get slimmer. life was not easy back in those days in regards mens rights. ill defo keep it open. this seems best chance for me.
katrina271
Stellar Member

Postby bugrock » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:51 pm

wuu
bugrock

Postby Dancer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:14 pm

katrina271 wrote:Your very kind thanks. be amazing really i think. im off an age now being 35 he would be in sixties i think so as years get on the chances get slimmer. life was not easy back in those days in regards mens rights. ill defo keep it open. this seems best chance for me.

Katrina..don't ever give up your search. You never know who might see a post on here and it might jog a memory
or they might know someone who knew someone etc - stranger things have happened.

Bugs is there any chance your detective friend might be able to help or even suggest some
avenues to pursue in the search. It could be his Good Deed for a friend in need hellllo and we'll all buy him a pint occasion14

If I knew anyone in the Noggin, I'd be out there in a flash trying to find some info for you . Keep the faith Katrina!!
xx Dancer xx

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer

Postby Strum » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:45 pm

grammer wrote:Your the Admin. you know best :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yes thank you, and no I'm not joking. Talk about putting new members off posting. This Lady Katrina is searching for a long lost releative and you're saying details cannot be mentioned? Look at the Glasthule, other Sallynoggin, D/L, the Genealogy, Graveyard and History topics and tell me nobody has asked for details before now, and a lot of them were re-united with old friends/relatives through their queries on this site, and a lot of thanks to mostly Rocker for her dilligence in searching to re-unite people, so why now?

I have two words for you mate. Guitar paintjob. :D
Strum
Administrator

Postby grammer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:18 pm

I have two words for you mate. Guitar paintjob. :D

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
grammer
The Spoon

Next

Return to GENEALOGY