Somewhere to Chat.

Drop in here to chat about anything, or if you're not sure where to put a topic, post it in here.

Re: Somewhere to Chat.

Postby Rocker » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:49 pm

Well done you Holla for attending the Peter McVerry Trust concert. He has an uphill battle on his hands with the drugs and homelessness. I don't know how he does it. I would run a mile! I get stuff on my Facebook page about the various flats the Trust reconstructs and they look great. I know I'm lucky not to have fallen through the cracks and become homeless. It can happen so easily.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Sinead » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:41 pm

At a time when the Catholic Church gets such a bashing in Ireland it is truly amazing that the 3 leading lights
looking after the homeless are in Holy Orders.... Sr. Stan, Brother Kevin and Fr. Peter McVerry. There are
others working quietly behind the scenes, these three are the face of what we can see being done. Merchants
Quay was started by another religious order, they do great work as well.
Listening to the Social Democrats going on about the nuns in St. Vincents gives me a pain. Without the religious
orders we would not have had most of the hospitals, the establishments were always clean, you were looked
after and they didn't ask for money. The nuns own the land in St. Vincent's hospital, it was left to them many years
ago, they also own the ground on which Elm Park Golf Club stands.

Sinéad
Sinead
Skies are Blue

Postby Toss » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:28 am

Sinead wrote:At a time when the Catholic Church gets such a bashing in Ireland it is truly amazing that the 3 leading lights
looking after the homeless are in Holy Orders.... Sr. Stan, Brother Kevin and Fr. Peter McVerry. There are
others working quietly behind the scenes, these three are the face of what we can see being done. Merchants
Quay was started by another religious order, they do great work as well.
Listening to the Social Democrats going on about the nuns in St. Vincents gives me a pain. Without the religious
orders we would not have had most of the hospitals, the establishments were always clean, you were looked
after and they didn't ask for money. The nuns own the land in St. Vincent's hospital, it was left to them many years
ago, they also own the ground on which Elm Park Golf Club stands.

Sinéad

I am inclined to agree with you Sinead, these people had vocations and were not in it for the money as compared with the Charity Industry today with CEO's taking home hundreds of thousands of euros per annum. Shameless is the only word to describe whats going on in the name of charity.
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss
Skies are Blue

Postby Sinead » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:36 pm

Toss, over the past few years, many of these Charity CEO's have been in court for misappropriation of funds! St. Michael's hospital always rand fundraisers to keep the place going. The Hospital Trust gave only to themselves.

Sinéad
Sinead
Skies are Blue

Postby Holla » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:13 pm

I passed the Tara towers hotel lastnight its all boarded up around the outer railings it looks like construction work of some sort is about to get underway anyone know anyinformation.
Holla
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Rocker » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:12 pm

Holla wrote:I passed the Tara towers hotel lastnight its all boarded up around the outer railings it looks like construction work of some sort is about to get underway anyone know anyinformation.

I had a look in on the Maldron site and this is what they say..

"After many years the much beloved Tara Towers Hotel in Dublin has closed and will be replaced by a brand new Maldron Hotel in 2020. While we build Maldron Hotel Merrion, we are delighted to recommend our other Maldron Hotels in Dublin."

So it will be the Maldron Hotel Merrion.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Sinead » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:33 am

On the topic of viewers to the site. At this moment there are 13 viewers - I wish they would join and chat. Regularly there are high numbers looking in - are they taking from our topics to use elsewhere???

Sinéad
Sinead
Skies are Blue

Previous

Return to GENERAL CHAT