Latest Read !

Drop in here to chat about anything, or if you're not sure where to put a topic, post it in here.

Latest Read !

Postby masterblaster » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:49 pm

Anyone interested in a real Hard Hitting stomach churning yet informative read on what is really happening in the real world? Look no further than- "Home Fire" By Kamila Shamsie.I'm all for hearing the other side.
masterblaster

Re: Latest Read !

Postby masterblaster » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:48 pm

sorry, folks, it seems I posted in the wrong way! Old age and all that.
masterblaster

Postby Toss » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:40 pm

masterblaster wrote:sorry, folks, it seems I posted in the wrong way! Old age and all that.

:D :D don't even go there ...... there is no right way, you just need to practice more :P

BTW did you give up golf after Kilcoole closed ?
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss
Skies are Blue

Postby masterblaster » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:08 am

Toss wrote:
masterblaster wrote:sorry, folks, it seems I posted in the wrong way! Old age and all that.

:D :D don't even go there ...... there is no right way, you just need to practice more :P

BTW did you give up golf after Kilcoole closed ?

Thanks for that Toss I'm feeling better already! Yes I finished playing some weeks before it finally closed due to bad health.Most of the guys have joined other clubs but they are in agreement they miss The Little Gem as we knew it.A group of us meet for a coffee, chat, and a bit of craic akin to the Nineteenth.Memories !!
masterblaster

Postby Rocker » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:13 pm

Sorry masterblaster...didn't mean to give a dig at you...just joshing the others for messing on the "What are you reading "topic. :oops: :oops:

Just keep posting anything anywhere. I log on here everyday and love to see any chat!!
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby masterblaster » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:37 pm

Rocker wrote:Sorry masterblaster...didn't mean to give a dig at you...just joshing the others for messing on the "What are you reading "topic. :oops: :oops:

Just keep posting anything anywhere. I log on here everyday and love to see any chat!!

No problem Rocker I've been so happy to read the numerous posts by so many of you each day and the simple pleasure that they bring.Memories are revived, old neighbours mentioned and best of all- the wit that flows so freely from you all.Long may it continue!
masterblaster

Postby bugrock » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:47 am

Harjoe,
I know I should have done this years ago - but- any chance I could buy a couple of your books?
Time is telling and i'm getting close with my son. Got to teach him the "True Religion". He was star in his own right, except Cricket and Aussie Rules don't really count.
Anyway time to let the newcomers know about your historical and literary achievements. hellllo hellllo hellllo
If it don't make your ears bleed, it ain't rock 'n' roll!
bugrock
In the Bold Member Corner

Postby Holla » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:54 pm

For those interested Great little book is out Dun laoghaire borough's historical society journal number 27 2018 is out I got mine in Easons.
It's the usual mixed bag covering all sorts from the gas company, the bug house ,"where have all the horses gone"by Hendry Austin is a good read about when he was young boy working with a milkman and his horse both fond of a jar here we come across Kelly's forge brocks lane,there's also a piece about the cheevers family of monkstown castle and a nice little bit of detective work by our own Gulliver,all for only seven euro's.
Holla
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Sinead » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:39 pm

Holla, as usual it is a great read. Got a couple and gave them away to get people interested in the
Society.

Sinbad
Sinead
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Denis Cromie » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:06 pm

Know Henry well and I have one of his books which he autographed for me,he's a good storyteller. Must get the latest from the historical society.
Denis Cromie
Ex-Chief Chocolate Enrober

Return to GENERAL CHAT