BRAVERY

Drop in here to chat about anything, or if you're not sure where to put a topic, post it in here.

BRAVERY

Postby bugrock » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:33 am

If it don't make your ears bleed, it ain't rock 'n' roll!
bugrock
In the Bold Member Corner

Re: BRAVERY

Postby Rocker » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:23 am

Oh Bugs, Great news. Only the other day I was having a chat with a lady from Melbourne and I asked her for any update on the family of your friend Dermot. She didn't know them personally but said that everyone for far and wide was shocked by his murder. I know it is no consolation to the family who would rather have their Dad at their party/celebration, but, it is great to see the ordinary everyday hero get recognition for heroism. The Irish in Australia are the mainstay of many a community, strong, brave,selfless men and women who are making new lives for the next generation.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Rocker » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:28 am

I went back to Bugs posting in 2013 as I remember it so well scry scry

Re: Somewhere to Chat.
Postby bugrock » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:00 pm

I went into town today - Tuesday, just an hour before Dermot's funeral. What greeted me was a sea of green from one end of the town to the other. It wasn't just me dressed in green. You would swear it was St Patrick's day in a place that never shoewd a colour in it's life. Shop windows were decked in their wares of a green nature. The vegetable shop just had greens, the toy shop, a window full of green teddys, the chemist a green shampoo display, and on and on. Every building was decked in green balloons, and there was an air of a special event. I've got a tear in the eye writing this, a report on a small statured hero who brought a town to a halt.
No wonder there was no room in the church or outside for that matter.
The funeral procession went up the High Street past his little shop and on to Flinders for a burial in a most beautiful spot in this part of the world.
The heroine of the story, in her own grief was comforting a distraught young girl who tried to save her husband.
For a man and a woman- who were just normal everyday people, they brought the masses to a grand union of souls, and it's the first time I heard so much clapping as a coffin was carried out.
I'm proud to have known these people, and now the typing is getting blurry.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Sinead » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:53 pm

Great to see him given recognition, a small consolation for his family and friends

Sinéad
Sinead
Somewhere over the rainbow

Return to GENERAL CHAT