What are you watching?

Drop in here to chat about anything, or if you're not sure where to put a topic, post it in here.

Re: What are you watching?

Postby Zirco » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:02 pm

I'm watching the moon play peekaboo among the clouds.....and it's a beauty. wuu wuu wuu wuu wuu wuu
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light".
Dylan Thomas
Zirco
Stellar Member

Location: Came from Zircon, Multiverse to Dublin, Ireland, Earth, Multiverse

Postby Denis Cromie » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:21 pm

Snowhite wrote:Ah no worries Dennis you can show us your Strictly Steps aawhip ...... at the next member meet, HINT HINT, do they still have a ladies choice though ;)

I doubt it,they were just part of the Ballroom of Romance era,but if you got one, you were delighted. And then you might get the leave home. Happy Days. dnc1
Denis Cromie
Ex-Chief Chocolate Enrober

Postby skins » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:22 pm

Defnitely NOT watching this guy.....can't stand him! http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2015/1 ... ck-market/
Skins
skins
Executive Member

Postby Zirco » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:29 pm

skins wrote:Defnitely NOT watching this guy.....can't stand him! http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2015/1 ... ck-market/

Not watching Fada Ó Sé !!??? Sure he says lovely masses!! :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:
Run for the hills Zirco ............... :D :D
Dylan Thomas
Zirco
Stellar Member

Postby Strum » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:04 pm

I think Netflix and others have the TV stations running scared. I've seen a massive increase in good movies on TV in the past few weeks. Whatcha reckon?
Strum
Administrator

Postby bugrock » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Same here, Strum. I had Netflix for a few months and then downloaded Kodi, which shows streamed stuff. Some may be illegal but I'm not sure, but a lot is legally streamed movies and tv.
But Netflix is by far the best. Bye, bye all that shite on regular television. No more mindless reality shows and F'wit panel shows. wuu wuu wuu wuu wuu wuu
If it don't make your ears bleed, it ain't rock 'n' roll!
bugrock
In the Bold Member Corner

Postby Micheál » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:18 am

Forcing myself to watch Vin B and his Peoples Debate - only because of it being local.

Is it just me or does (mostly) everyone - despite knowing they'd be on de telly - looks so darn shabby? Its like watch something from old-time Albania?

M.
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby Rocker » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:45 am

Micheál wrote:Forcing myself to watch Vin B and his Peoples Debate - only because of it being local.

Is it just me or does (mostly) everyone - despite knowing they'd be on de telly - looks so darn shabby? Its like watch something from old-time Albania?

M.

I forced myself to look at a bit too.I missed the very beginning but, Vincent was saying Sean Barrett wouldn't make it and Mary the ex teacher from Harold School wouldn't come!! Boyd Barrett was there and a couple of FFers. They were given most speaking time. It is not a Public Forum if the Public don't talk,Have to admit i turned over after a few minutes.

Micheál, the Irish people in general in everyday life do look like the people from the albania of my childhood. No pride in their appearence, no sense of occasion, no dress code, no effort, ...it just looks worse on telly.At least the Albanians had an excuse. The Irish just couldn't care.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Snowhite » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:16 pm

In the Library yesterday I picked up a DVD thinking it was something else (not really paying attention) ;) but boy was it good, brilliant, well well worth a watch.

The Promise. Epic Series, 4 parts on 2 dvd's.

A gripping yarn and an exquisitely revealing story. A naive young girl on a quest to retrace the footsteps of her dying grandfather, a British soldier in Mandate Palestine. As she delves into his diary of 1946-48, the story of the soldier’s misfortunes unfolds, and the girl loses her innocence as she is forced to brutally confront the reality of Israel past and present.
The genius of the drama, written and directed by award-winning documentary filmmaker Peter Kosminsky, is to allow the viewer to see the world through the eyes of the teenage ingenue, Erin (played by Claire Fox). The diary of Sergeant Len Matthews (Christian Cooke) brings historic events to life on screen, and through her sequential reading of the diary, as part of her contemporary inquiry into what happened in 1948, both past and present are cunningly interwoven. Flashbacks of the last throes of the British Mandate era provide a narrative counterpoint that draws the viewer into what is not merely a backstory, but an integral element in the present narrative.
Life isn't tied with a Bow, But it's still a Gift.
Snowhite
At the end of the Pier... Peace...

Postby grammer » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:43 am

Sounds good Snowy -must check it out.

==============================
Hate to admit this but I was watching -Johnny English returns(Rowan Atkinson) on TV tonight
Stupid film -well not really :lol: :lol: :lol: the odd laugh and sniggers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dontknow dontknow dontknow dontknow Well it was clean -no double meaning jokes -etc.
Innocent really -good -well nearly :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Denis Cromie » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:14 am

Sounds very interesting,must get it.
Denis Cromie
Ex-Chief Chocolate Enrober

Postby Rocker » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:05 pm

Oh snowy, you have just reminded me to join the Library :oops: :oops:
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Zirco » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:09 pm

A very very foggy soccer match.....the commentators are having trouble following the play because of the fog....it's as clear as mud. :lol: :D :lol:
Dylan Thomas
Zirco
Stellar Member

Postby Rocker » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:10 pm

Zirco wrote:A very very foggy soccer match.....the commentators are having trouble following the play because of the fog....it's as clear as mud. :lol: :D :lol:

Had that been in Blackrock Park in the 50's we would have called it off BangHead BangHead BangHead
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby grammer » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:13 pm

Rocker wrote:
Zirco wrote:A very very foggy soccer match.....the commentators are having trouble following the play because of the fog....it's as clear as mud. :lol: :D :lol:

Had that been in Blackrock Park in the 50's we would have called it off BangHead BangHead BangHead

Yeh and went down to the chipper :lol: :lol: :lol:
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby keeper » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:58 am

Worst pitch in the 'Boro :evil: especially when the wind was whipping up a mist of sea spray :twisted: or a cold sea fog :twisted: or when it was water logged like a swamp :twisted: and it was narrower one end as well BangHead other than that it was a grand place to play a match :roll:
keeper
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby grammer » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:43 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tell it like it was keeper :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Rocker » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:40 am

keeper wrote:Worst pitch in the 'Boro :evil: especially when the wind was whipping up a mist of sea spray :twisted: or a cold sea fog :twisted: or when it was water logged like a swamp :twisted: and it was narrower one end as well BangHead other than that it was a grand place to play a match :roll:

Keeper...you are a scream :lol: :lol: :lol:
We thought we were in the best stadium in the world. My da used to get so excited at the matches and all his brothers and brothers in law used to come back to our house and continue the match discussion. It was only tea in those days. Simple fun for simple folk.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Zirco » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:02 am

The Bridge is back .......series three, BBC4, Saturday night, 9 o'clock. Eight episodes shown as four doubleheaders. Recorded it last night and watched it tonight......it was excellent, top class. wuu wuu wuu
Dylan Thomas
Zirco
Stellar Member

Postby Rocker » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:23 am

Zirco wrote:The Bridge is back .......series three, BBC4, Saturday night, 9 o'clock. Eight episodes shown as four doubleheaders. Recorded it last night and watched it tonight......it was excellent, top class. wuu wuu wuu

Still haven't seen that. Must get myself a T.V guide....I end up watching fittest family or something like that and snoozing in me chair..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby slipper » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:43 pm

Don't waste your money Rocker, I get a TV weekly guide every Saturday,check through the coming weeks progs,. and invariably find there's doodley squat to look forward to. Reality s**t, cooking competitions, amateur talent and dancing shows and countless other mind numbing progs' hosted by moronic overpaid ' Celebrities ' have reduced me to looking forward to my book in the evenings and my crosswords in the AM. Go on treat yourself join the soddin' library you won't regret it !!
slipper
Advanced Member

Postby Toss » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:18 pm

slipper wrote:Don't waste your money Rocker, I get a TV weekly guide every Saturday,check through the coming weeks progs,. and invariably find there's doodley squat to look forward to. Reality s**t, cooking competitions, amateur talent and dancing shows and countless other mind numbing progs' hosted by moronic overpaid ' Celebrities ' have reduced me to looking forward to my book in the evenings and my crosswords in the AM. Go on treat yourself join the soddin' library you won't regret it !!

Go on slipper, you tell 'em wuu wuu wuu wuu and dont forget the constant stream of adverts telling you how 3 quid a day will provide water to a whole village, while it wouldn't wet your whistle over here :lol: :lol: :lol: ...... 'are we there yet ? are we there yet ? are we there yet ?' feck off goat indeed :twisted:
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss
Skies are Blue

Postby grammer » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:49 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Strum » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:53 pm

Rocker wrote:Still haven't seen that. Must get myself a T.V guide....I end up watching fittest family or something like that and snoozing in me chair..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bookmark this Rocker. ;)

http://entertainment.ie/tv/

I Like Ireland's Fittest Family. That was a tough one yesterday, dragging themselves through the bog. :D
Strum
Administrator

Postby keeper » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:45 pm

Yiz are right, hard to find anything to watch, I'm a BBC 4 or BBC 3 fan, always something different on there when the children's programmes are finished, and no ads either :lol:
keeper
Somewhere over the rainbow

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL CHAT