Sport

Drop in here to chat about anything, or if you're not sure where to put a topic, post it in here.

Re: Sport

Postby Denis Cromie » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:19 am

No I was not in the Club house yesterday,always prefer to watch sport in the comfort of me home. In that way you can curse and shout to your heart's content and you avoid all those experts that come with a crowd.
Denis Cromie
Ex-Chief Chocolate Enrober

Postby Rocker » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:00 pm

Denis Cromie wrote:No I was not in the Club house yesterday,always prefer to watch sport in the comfort of me home. In that way you can curse and shout to your heart's content and you avoid all those experts that come with a crowd.

Ha..just like me...I roar and scream and would be put out of a gathering. HID goes with a paper bag on his head if we get stuck in a crowd for any game.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Snowhite » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:37 am

8-) 8-)

Life isn't tied with a Bow, But it's still a Gift.
Snowhite
At the end of the Pier... Peace...

Postby grammer » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:21 am

Saw that on TV -brilliant -the sooner that oul' arrogant basket goes the better-
wuu wuu wuu wuu wuu wuu
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Denis Cromie » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:53 am

Couldn't happen to a more deserving man. Brilliant.
Denis Cromie

Postby Rocker » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:15 am

I'm just blown away by the Irish competitors in the Special Olympics in Los Angeles..

Over the course of the World Games, Irish athletes claimed a total of 20 Gold, 24 Silver, & 26 Bronze medals. Team Ireland will have their homecoming at Dublin Airport’s Terminal 2 on Tuesday morning, August 4th, at 8am.

Well done all...Ireland is proud of you.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Navanman » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:32 pm

I agree with you Rocker. I believe there is a parade around the town of Navan this Tues. evening to welcome our Gold Medalist home.

NM
Navanman
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Sinead » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:36 pm

The contestants certainly did themselves and Ireland proud. All of
these medals won without the aid of any banned substances. They
put others to shame.

Sinéad
Sinead

Postby Denis Cromie » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:46 am

Great to see the joy in their faces. wuu wuu wuu
Last edited by Denis Cromie on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denis Cromie

Postby grammer » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:28 am

Do your heart good to see the team return at Dublin airport -they certainly did us proud- wuu wuu wuu wuu wuu
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby grammer » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:02 am

grammer
The Spoon

Postby grammer » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:27 pm

We must be the most jammiest team in the world
cringing stuff that match tonight was :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
We were soooooo bad in the first half
somebody must've lashed a few 'ffs into them at half time.
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Sinead » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:38 pm

They need to borrow Brian Cody to give them a pep talk.
Sinead

Postby Denis Cromie » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:38 pm

Olé,Olé,Olé,Olé,Olé,Olé. We've won, what's the problem.
Denis Cromie

Postby Dancer » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:50 pm

It was a terrible weekend for sport. Ireland were crap in the rugby. The Dubs played terrible through most of the game against Mayo and as for tonight's match , I don't really like soccer but I forgot to watch. Glad they won though.
xx Dancer xx

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer
Deliciously,delectable, delightful Dancer

Postby Harjoe » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:00 am

The fact we won does not hide the fact we are crap no pattern of play no heart we go backwards more times than going forward ,what is needed is as someone has said bring in Brian Cody at halftime with a kick up the ar--se to the players, there was nobody on the left side of the pitch in the first half and the right side in the second half ,has Roy Keene unwell because if he had been playing some of the players would have got a right bol-----ing from him, McCarthy has not had a good game in the green shirt Robbie is finished against big teams McClean come on and tries to tackle anything that moves and gets a yellow card, Glen Whelan plays the way he does at Stoke sits in the centre and passes sideways ,unless we get back some passion we have no chance .
Just look at the crowd who would want to go to watch that.
Harjoe
Executive Member

Postby Dancer » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:21 am

Yes, Kilkenny played a great game on Sunday. Brian Cody is something else, he never sits still aawhip
I kinda fell out with soccer because a lot of time was spent just passing the ball back and forth. Rugby Union
is far more entertaining and the hurling is just epic altogether !

Could the problem with the Irish team be that they don't spend enough time together as a team and so don't
really gel on the pitch or am I just thinking too logically about it?
It must be soul destroying for die hard soccer fans to have to support and watch a team perform so badly .
xx Dancer xx

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer

Postby jabra » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:22 pm

Dancer
I don't think thats the problem the Irish team spend as much time together as other national sides
Jabra
jabra
Advanced Member

Postby keeper » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:52 pm

Brian Cody didn't give the half time kick up the ass speech, it was Jackie Tyrell one of Kilkennys veterans, Cody and his selectors had a separate meeting after telling the players to sort it out themselves !!!! and yes Irish soccer is in a sad state at all levels, but in saying that we'll probably get a playoff place.
keeper

Postby Denis Cromie » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:52 pm

They have to have a good chance to be in the qualifiers and then go through to the Finals and I really hope it happens. It should give the country a lift if they do. Being realistic we have no chance of winning but we could get out of the Group and bring back memories of Germany '88 and Italia '90. It's more than obvious that we don't have enough good players but at least what good players we have are getting a chance to play,unlike Trappatoni, Martin O'Neill gives the good players a chance.
Denis Cromie

Postby Toss » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:45 am

All this talk of Brian Cody and Kilkenny is wasted when it comes to soccer. The modern game is getting more like a pantomime every season, players diving, cheating, acting like drama queens .... next thing you know they will be using fake blood like the Rugby heads :lol:

Seriously though, anyone harking for a Roy Keane type of performance is only showing how little they know about the way the game is now played. Keane would not last 45 mins without a red card and it could well be for decking one of his own players !! These are multi millionaires, trained to perform like ballet dancers such is their ability to skip along the turf and avoid tackles..... the game is now more about gaining an advantage through fooling the referee, it has changed, changed utterly, a terrible beauty is born aawhip
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss

Postby Dancer » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:30 pm

Interesting article in the Irish Times by Gordon Darcy . He's a lovely way of telling a story.

Article
xx Dancer xx

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer

Postby grammer » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:44 pm

Toss wrote:All this talk of Brian Cody and Kilkenny is wasted when it comes to soccer. The modern game is getting more like a pantomime every season, players diving, cheating, acting like drama queens .... next thing you know they will be using fake blood like the Rugby heads :lol:

Seriously though, anyone harking for a Roy Keane type of performance is only showing how little they know about the way the game is now played. Keane would not last 45 mins without a red card and it could well be for decking one of his own players !! These are multi millionaires, trained to perform like ballet dancers such is their ability to skip along the turf and avoid tackles..... the game is now more about gaining an advantage through fooling the referee, it has changed, changed utterly, a terrible beauty is born aawhip

Toss -you got a good way with words :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So sadly true.
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Denis Cromie » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:32 pm

Dancer wrote:Interesting article in the Irish Times by Gordon Darcy . He's a lovely way of telling a story.

Article

That's the best article I've read about rugby. I like to watch the matches but just don't understand the rules. Darcy is absolutely right the modern game is all about power and you have to wonder is the size of the players down to natural development or something else. No longer a game for the little lads,power triumphs skill.
Denis Cromie

Postby Gerald » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:51 pm

Denis Cromie wrote:
I like to watch the matches but just don't understand the rules.

So you're a referee then? :D
Gerald
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL CHAT