Somewhere to Chat.

Drop in here to chat about anything, or if you're not sure where to put a topic, post it in here.

Re: Somewhere to Chat.

Postby Gerald » Tue May 01, 2018 10:25 pm

User avatar
Gerald
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:40 pm

Re: Somewhere to Chat.

Postby Strum » Wed May 02, 2018 4:09 pm

I was going to say smoke from the funnel.
User avatar
Strum
Administrator
 
Posts: 9696
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:03 pm
Location: Sallysupermarket, Thomastown.

Re: Somewhere to Chat.

Postby Rocker » Wed May 02, 2018 5:18 pm

Strum is having difficulty with accessing this site at the moment. Problems with passwords. He is having the administrator deal with the problem. Hope all will be well soon.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
User avatar
Rocker
Globetrotter
 
Posts: 6326
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: The Rock

Re: Somewhere to Chat.

Postby Strum » Wed May 02, 2018 9:40 pm

Thanks Rocker I got it sorted but still having a problem with Harjoe's account. Keep you posted. thumbright
User avatar
Strum
Administrator
 
Posts: 9696
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:03 pm
Location: Sallysupermarket, Thomastown.

Re: Somewhere to Chat.

Postby Micheál » Wed May 02, 2018 9:57 pm

Strum wrote:I was going to say smoke from the funnel.

Good try. Depends on the direction of the wind.

M.
User avatar
Micheál
Skies are Blue
 
Posts: 2478
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:13 am
Location: Within the sound of the Hooter

Re: Somewhere to Chat.

Postby Strum » Wed May 02, 2018 10:47 pm

Micheál wrote:Good try. Depends on the direction of the wind.

M.




It would still go backwards if the train was moving, depending on the speed. :mrgreen:

Was Ger right?
User avatar
Strum
Administrator
 
Posts: 9696
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:03 pm
Location: Sallysupermarket, Thomastown.

Re: Somewhere to Chat.

Postby Micheál » Thu May 03, 2018 7:56 am

Strum wrote:
Micheál wrote:Good try. Depends on the direction of the wind.

M.


It would still go backwards if the train was moving, depending on the speed. :mrgreen:

Was Ger right?


Depends what's in the cigarette, of course.

Gerald was right.

M
User avatar
Micheál
Skies are Blue
 
Posts: 2478
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:13 am
Location: Within the sound of the Hooter

Re: Somewhere to Chat.

Postby Rocker » Fri May 04, 2018 1:23 am

Well done Gerald. I don't think we would have known that!!
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
User avatar
Rocker
Globetrotter
 
Posts: 6326
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: The Rock

Re: Somewhere to Chat.

Postby Dancer » Wed May 09, 2018 4:04 pm

Is there a Sostrene and Grene store open in DL ? The one in Pavilions closed :(
xx Dancer xx

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Audrey Hepburn
User avatar
Dancer
Deliciously,delectable, delightful Dancer
 
Posts: 1952
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:05 pm
Location: Beside the seaside :))

Re: Somewhere to Chat.

Postby Jemser » Wed May 09, 2018 4:28 pm

Hi Dancer,

Yes there is, it is situated in the main street, George's Street. The exact address is : 89 George's Street Lower, Dún Laoghaire, Dublin, A96 YE98, Ireland. Please try not to spend too much...... :lol:
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best 1946-2005
User avatar
Jemser
Quizmaster Supreme
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:12 pm
Location: On top of the Hill

Re: Somewhere to Chat.

Postby Dancer » Wed May 09, 2018 11:54 pm

Jemser wrote:Hi Dancer,

Yes there is, it is situated in the main street, George's Street. The exact address is : 89 George's Street Lower, Dún Laoghaire, Dublin, A96 YE98, Ireland. Please try not to spend too much...... :lol:


Thanks Jemser . I went into it once or twice and didn’t think too much of it but then I was given a catalogue
and I saw some really nice stuff which I would have just passed by in the store . It looks a bit arty crafty inside
but when I found the items that I liked , I was blown away by the quality and price .

I’ll have to try and pop out to DL to pick up a few pieces .
xx Dancer xx

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Audrey Hepburn
User avatar
Dancer
Deliciously,delectable, delightful Dancer
 
Posts: 1952
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:05 pm
Location: Beside the seaside :))

Re: Somewhere to Chat.

Postby Rocker » Thu May 10, 2018 9:43 am

Dancer wrote:
Jemser wrote:Hi Dancer,

Yes there is, it is situated in the main street, George's Street. The exact address is : 89 George's Street Lower, Dún Laoghaire, Dublin, A96 YE98, Ireland. Please try not to spend too much...... :lol:


Thanks Jemser . I went into it once or twice and didn’t think too much of it but then I was given a catalogue
and I saw some really nice stuff which I would have just passed by in the store . It looks a bit arty crafty inside
but when I found the items that I liked , I was blown away by the quality and price .

I’ll have to try and pop out to DL to pick up a few pieces .


I love that shop and they have great things for children for baking etc, nice aprons, bags, crafty things. I engage the staff in chat and they are very helpful.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
User avatar
Rocker
Globetrotter
 
Posts: 6326
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: The Rock

Re: Somewhere to Chat.

Postby Strum » Thu May 10, 2018 3:14 pm

Yes great shop, great prices. I buy a lot of art materials there for about a third of the price compared to the art & hobby shop or Easons.
User avatar
Strum
Administrator
 
Posts: 9696
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:03 pm
Location: Sallysupermarket, Thomastown.

Previous

Return to GENERAL CHAT



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests