sunset tonight

If your photos or images do not fit into a specific catagory, please post them here.

Re: sunset tonight

Postby Strum » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:10 pm

That's deadly Grammer, cant read the text but I guess made from the sht in the river, so clever. I love it! Great message to people about dumping. ;) thumleft
Strum
Administrator

Postby Rocker » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:56 pm

Looking good.
Googled this

This June, visitors to Kilbogget Park in Cabinteely will be welcoming a new resident in the form of a giant fish.

In 2011, visual artist Jackie Ball was awarded a grant by Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council for a sculpture residency. For the last four years, Jackie has been working with the staff of the Parks Department to create ‘Fish out of Water’, a site specific sculpture constructed entirely from recycled agricultural machinery.

Seeding machines, ploughs, reapers, harrows, the old, disused, damaged and out of date machines once used by the Parks Department and long since left to rust and decay have been sorted, dismantled and transformed. Cogs, wheels, tines, axles and chains have become scales, fins, gills vertebrae and the heart of this large creature.

In welcoming this addition to the artistic landscape of the County, An Cathaoirleach Cllr. Barry Saul commented:- “The work is an imaginative response to the brief, which called for a sculpture that would have a strong visual reflection on both the history of the Parks Department and the geographical location of Dún Laoghaire, sitting as it does ‘between the Mountains and the Sea’. This link can be seen in the components of the piece and in its final siting in the Deansgrange stream, in Kilbogget Park.”

Jackie Ball is an award winning visual artist living and working in Dún Laoghaire. Recycling and the manipulation of found objects continue to influence her work. Using different mediums, Jackie creates unique and individual sculptures. Jackie is the Secretary of Sculpture in Context and is part of the organising committee for their annual exhibition in the National Botanic Gardens. Her work is held in private collections in Ireland, the UK, Italy, America and New Zealand.

Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council is happy to be in a position to provide a suitable location for this temporary sculpture piece, which will be on display within Kilbogget Park for six months.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby grammer » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:38 am

Just wondering will this rust bucket after a month or two contaminate the stream that the Parks Dept. have put so much time and effort into.
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby slipper » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:48 pm

grammer wrote:Just wondering will this rust bucket after a month or two contaminate the stream that the Parks Dept. have put so much time and effort into.

Walking through the park this morning I had that very same thought,-great minds-they say! :lol: :lol: :lol:
slipper
Advanced Member

Postby grammer » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:15 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Great way of hiding old rusty wheels and cogs -hide them out in the open. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby skins » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:22 pm

I've been throwing Tesco trollies in a local lake here for years, and do you think I've received one iota of recognition in all that time???
Skins
skins
Executive Member

Postby Strum » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:16 pm

grammer wrote:Just wondering will this rust bucket after a month or two contaminate the stream that the Parks Dept. have put so much time and effort into.

Good question but I'm sure that was discussed.

Now I'd love to put a Sculpture further down the River at Laughingstown of a Washing machine with one of Skins's shopping trollys with a Microwave inside and a few Bikes on top! Can you weld matresses? :D
Strum
Administrator

Postby Sinead » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:19 pm

If it is a properly sprung mattress there is no reason why you
couldn't weld it.

Sinéad
Sinead
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Strum » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:24 pm

Sinead wrote: sprung mattress

Janey mack, not many of those anymore although the odd spring springs up down around Hacketsland old dump beside Bayside.

"spring springs up down" :lol:
Strum
Administrator

Postby skins » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:51 pm

The Council will have to bring in "Mattress Mick" as a highly-paid consultant.
Skins
skins
Executive Member

Postby grammer » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:24 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Couple more photos from Kilboggat Pk.

A little bit odd -hidden beside the stream./life saving equipment
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Strum » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:27 pm

grammer wrote:A little bit odd -hidden beside the stream./life saving equipment

At least the ring is in it. They're missing from Killiney beach.
Strum
Administrator

Previous

Return to ALL PHOTOGRAPHS.