library

The Town and its People past and present...

Re: library

Postby Micheál » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:32 am

A Bras Tax

M
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby Micheál » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:34 am

A Sewer Charge

M.
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby Micheál » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:35 am

A " heavies" levy

M.
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby Micheál » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:45 am

Exercise excise

M.
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby Micheál » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:48 am

A "tall" toll

M.
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby grammer » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:10 am

A viewing tax
or a tax for being in the restricted vicinity of the harbour
which is in private hands
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Rocker » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:16 am

Hey...you lot are going off topic!!...a walking down the pier tax...like the old halfpenny bridge.
A tax for swinging on the chains...me and Jaytee are the only ones still doing that.
Ha..I bet you when they reinstate the cabmen shelters they will be tax/toll booths ....
A tax for walking in the park (around the stalls) that is if you don't buy at the stalls..Oh no we will charge the tax anyway....
seaweed tax...when we have no food left and we crawl to the seashore for seaweed...Ha ten Euro please!!!
Ha..your family fished for generations off Bullock...it's now five thousand for the license and fifty euro each time you set sail.
Teddys ice cream...a fat tax one Euro (for the fat cats)...
A living in the Boro tax...a thousand a year collected by the Revenue ..a little extra to the Property Tax....
Yis like a dip...dip tax is five Euro per hour..and yis must buy the special DunLaoghaire Dip suit..twenty Euro...
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Micheál » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:41 am

An Off Topic Tax. :D

A Losing Your Way Levy :D

A Smilie Surcharge :( :( :(

M.
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby Strum » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:08 pm

Hahahahaha ah yiz are gas! :D
Strum
Administrator

Postby Toss » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:55 am

Strum wrote:Hahahahaha ah yiz are gas! :D

Thats all we need ... a fart tax :oops:
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Rocker » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:14 am

Gulliver wrote:I haven't heard any recent reports on the cost and/or overruns. I suspect that somewhere in a filing drawer there is a shocking report on those costs which has yet to see the light of day

Just looking at the Winter DLR times and there is a page dedicated to the Central Library.
Some things caught my eye,
1. the library will include a public "living room" overlooking Moran park, with space for internet use, newspapers, and magazines as well as community information and a dedicated suite of rooms for young people.
2. the building will accommodate general reading rooms, a children's library and a local history department with views of the sea.
3. the Cultural Centre will provide a new space for the expansion of existing festivals and for new cultural events and programmes to be initiated. The cultural Centre will also provide opportunities for local art organisations including amateur groups to showcase their work to a broader audience.
4. the Central Library and Cultural Centre will be a key component in the regeneration of Dún Laoghaire town and will consolidate the Metals redevelopment.The project represents a significant opportunity to "knit back" the structure of the town with the seafront and invigorate the heart of Dún Laoghaire.
5. the development includes a multi purpose performance space with seating for 100 personsa municiple gallery, a café, meeting rooms and reading rooms office space for the County's Art &Library Services and 100 car parking spaces.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Strum » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:41 pm

How much?
Strum
Administrator

Postby Rocker » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:10 pm

Strum wrote:How much?

Ha that is the question ????. I haven't seen anything, anywhere about the overrun or the projected final figure. The bit i like is "knit back" the structure of the town with the seafront....when for years the attitude has been dickey up the seafront and the metals and to hell with the town and the shops.

Stop Rocker...this is a new year and you must not be cynical !!!!

All in all if it is properly run it will be a good facility but in these PC days it will be difficult to exclude any un desirables....
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Gulliver » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:20 pm

"Not all those who wander are lost" (J.R.R.Tolkien)
Gulliver
A Dun Laoghaire Sunset

Postby keeper » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:11 pm

Wow :shock: The High Diving Board in photo 8 is brill :shock: Forward thinking, roll on the 3030 Olympics bid :lol: :lol: :lol:
keeper

Postby Rocker » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:41 pm

Thanks Gulliver,

Fabulous photos.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Gulliver » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:42 pm

The official line now seems to be that the funds for the library were magically created from stardust (or found at the end of a rainbow). Consider yourself fully assured that the cost of the library will not in any way affect local rates. Nor will it affect road maintenance, refuse or water services, street cleaning, parks, or any other council services. So I have been told by my local councillor, whom I trust absolutely
"Not all those who wander are lost" (J.R.R.Tolkien)
Gulliver
A Dun Laoghaire Sunset

Postby Navanman » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:31 am

Gulliver
Health and Safety should have a real genuine concern with photo 8. If I am correct there is no protection to the left of that person and I would lay odds the person had not got steel toecaps in those boots.

I don't say this lightly and if I am correct it should be pointed out immediately. Too many accidents on building sites.

Sorry - not to take away from your posting.

NM
Navanman

Postby grammer » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:23 am

Gulliver wrote:The official line now seems to be that the funds for the library were magically created from stardust (or found at the end of a rainbow). Consider yourself fully assured that the cost of the library will not in any way affect local rates. Nor will it affect road maintenance, refuse or water services, street cleaning, parks, or any other council services. So I have been told by my local councillor, whom I trust absolutely

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Rocker » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:47 am

Gulliver wrote:The official line now seems to be that the funds for the library were magically created from stardust (or found at the end of a rainbow). Consider yourself fully assured that the cost of the library will not in any way affect local rates. Nor will it affect road maintenance, refuse or water services, street cleaning, parks, or any other council services. So I have been told by my local councillor, whom I trust absolutely

Ha ha ,...just dawned on me why it won't affect those services such as road maintenance etc.....they are all going to be run by someone else at enormous consultants costs ....... must get me business cards printed...if i can't consult I sure can insult.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Denis Cromie » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:11 pm

It looks fantastic and if it is built within its budget, and is used by the whole community,I would say that it should be a huge benefit to Dun laoghaire. Lets hope that it adds to the attractions of Dun Laoghaire just as the Pier has.
Denis Cromie
Ex-Chief Chocolate Enrober

Previous

Return to DUN LAOGHAIRE