Christmas in Dun Laoghaire

The Town and its People past and present...

Christmas in Dun Laoghaire

Postby grammer » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:10 pm

I suppose we better give it a boost
the town could do with it!!!!!
Bumper crowds expected for Dun Laoghaire Christmas festival The organisers of Dun Laoghaire's first ever Christmas festival say they expect more than 200,000 people to visit the town between now and January 8.

The south county Dublin town will witness Dublin's only Christmas fireworks display this evening, officially kicking off celebrations that will last until January 8th
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Re: Christmas in Dun Laoghaire

Postby grammer » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:49 pm

from DLRs own website
heres the info link
http://www.dlrevents.ie/christmas11.html
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby grammer » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:52 pm

Have to say the publicity for it was not the best -
if you read the list of events
we missed out on free goodie bags :mrgreen:
and a trip round The Mariners
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Toss » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:18 am

Seen as the Strummiester has opened the festive door, I thought I would use Grammer's topic to tell you all a little story I hard recently .... I'm sure he would approve.

A young man called Christy from Monkstown Farm wanted to buy a Christmas present for his new girlfriend. They hadn't been seeing each other for very long and she lived in Foxrock. Christy consulted with his sister and decided, after careful consideration, that a pair of good quality gloves would strike the right note... not too romantic and not too personal. Off he went with his sister to Vero Moda in Bloomfields and they selected a dainty pair of fur lined quality leather gloves. His sister bought a pair of sexy knickers for herself as a treat at the same time. Vero Moda had a free gift wrap offer on that day so they took advantage but the assistant mixed up the two parcels, the sister got the gloves and Christy unknowingly got the knickers. Later that day, Christy sent off his gift wrapped present with the following letter....

Dear Rachel,
I chose these because I've noticed that you are not wearing any when we go out in the evenings. If it had not been for my sister I would have chosen the long ones with buttons, but she wears shorter ones (which are easier to remove). These are a very delicate shade, but the lady I bought them from showed me the pair she had been wearing for the past three weeks and I hardly noticed any marks. I had her try yours on for me and she looked really smart in them even though they were a little bit tight on her. She also said that they rub against her ring which helps keep it clean. In fact she hasn't needed to wash it since she began wearing them.
I wish I was there to put them on for you the first time, as no doubt many other hands will touch them before I have a chance to see you again.
When you take them off remember to blow into them a little bit because they will be naturally a little damp from wearing.
Just imagine how many times my lips will kiss them during the coming year.
I hope you will wear them for me on our next date.
All my love,
Christy

P.S. My mum tells me that the latest style is to wear them folded down with a little bit of fur showing.
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss
Skies are Blue

Postby bugrock » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:16 am

Is that true Toss?
If it don't make your ears bleed, it ain't rock 'n' roll!
bugrock
In the Bold Member Corner

Postby Holla » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:45 am

Well I'm sure that they fitted like a glove.
Holla
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Toss » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:18 pm

bugrock wrote:Is that true Toss?

As true as I'm sitting on this horse :P
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss
Skies are Blue

Return to DUN LAOGHAIRE