Kingstown royalists awake

The Town and its People past and present...

Re: Kingstown royalists awake

Postby gaucho » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:59 am

The babby will be called Paddy
gaucho

Postby Rocker » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:47 am

Gaucho,

You are a terror :lol: :lol: :lol: I certainly know he won't be called "the babby".
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Sinead » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:00 pm

Well the child has been named - George ..... Louis, wonder if this will be shortened
to Jock??
Good luck to them, I hope the child has a good loving home.

Sinéad
Sinead
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Strum » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:09 pm

GAL
Strum
Administrator

Postby keeper » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:58 pm

:lol: :lol: babbby :lol: Strum evillaugh
keeper

Postby Sinead » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:30 pm

Strum:

GALC when you use the surname

Sinéad
Sinead

Postby Rocker » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:41 am

Do they not use the Mountbatten-Windsor surname ??

http://www.royal.gov.uk/thecurrentroyal ... rview.aspx
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Sinead » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:20 pm

It is the house of Windsor. I think if the Queen had taken Philips name on
marriage it would be something like Quelp. Saw a programme once about
Phil the Greeks mother, she became a nun and smoked Woodbines!!!

Sinéad
Sinead

Postby Enviro500 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:59 pm

Goldflake, and she got them from O'Tolole's in the Noggin..by Post...Apparently Mama Philip liked the name Felix....reminded her of her cat in the Palace in Athens...same name you see.
Good name George. My uncle Georgie Latchford drove the 46a, with a Royal Air about him, Sinead..
The Louis bit was after a famous Jazz Horn player. So a bit "Commonwealthy"
Enviro500
Executive Member

Postby Micheál » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:21 pm

I'm surprised no one has yet pointed out that we already have a main street named for the new prince in anticipation of a Royal walkabout among his adoring Kingstown admirers.

M.
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby grammer » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:29 pm

Micheál wrote:I'm surprised no one has yet pointed out that we already have a main street named for the new prince in anticipation of a Royal walkabout among his adoring Kingstown admirers.

M.

Your bang on Micheál -so our councillors are not as thick as we think. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Rocker » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:44 pm

Micheál wrote:I'm surprised no one has yet pointed out that we already have a main street named for the new prince in anticipation of a Royal walkabout among his adoring Kingstown admirers.

Top of the class. God, you are quick. :lol: That is the Kingstown motto..."Lets Preempt".
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby bugrock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:34 am

We had royalty many years before Britain. And where did our royalty disappear to, don't you know. The babby should have been named Cormac or Culain or even Diarmid
If it don't make your ears bleed, it ain't rock 'n' roll!
bugrock
In the Bold Member Corner

Postby Micheál » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:00 am

Or Queen David
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby Dancer » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:04 pm

I never thought I would see the day when the Irish National Anthem was played and a glass raised to the
people of Ireland by the Queen - WONDERFUL !!!

Michael D our President speaks the Irish language so beautifully - onwards and upwards eh!!

ImageImage
xx Dancer xx

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer
Deliciously,delectable, delightful Dancer

Postby grammer » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:11 am

Well said Dancer --
Our President did us proud.

A good day to be Irish and proud of it.
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Micheál » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:42 am

Alas there's a downside . . . .

Bertie has re-surfaced - giving interviews of RTE AND Newstalk today - offering opinions and insights into the special relationship that exists between the two states.

I'd much prefer that he give a full and frank account of his own involvement with the UK and explain how he really came to be in possession of the Queens sovereigns that he deposited in ptsb Drumcondra. But no-one in either Station thought to ask.

M.
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby Dancer » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:47 am

Ah now Micheál, you can't be holding grudges against poor oul Bertie. Sure wasn't he only
feathering his oul nest and a good job too because he now has to pay property tax :shock:
be the holy!!!
xx Dancer xx

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer

Postby Gerald » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:32 am

So who's for rejoining the Commonwealth then? Hands up. Haha, the irish people would abhor such an idea, but when did that ever matter. And we could move the Oireachtas to Belfast......I kid you not...
Gerald
Advanced Member

Postby spudseamus » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:13 pm

Dat's nice !
spudseamus
"Its good to be the King!"
"Its good to be the King!"

Postby slipper » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:41 pm

Dancer wrote:Ah now Micheál, you can't be holding grudges against poor oul Bertie. Sure wasn't he only
feathering his oul nest and a good job too because he now has to pay property tax :shock:
b
Dancer wrote:Ah now Micheál, you can't be holding grudges against poor oul Bertie. Sure wasn't he only
be the holy!!!

That former graduate of L S E :?: Who while leading this country to near bankruptcy, publicly told qualified economists whom tried to warn of a financial catastrophe that " perhaps they should commit suicide". What in the name of all that's holy are the media thinking of when they give credence to anything that that moron has to say on any subject ??? He's a proven incompetent whose veracity and honesty were found to be questionable by a state commissioned tribunal. The celebration of this state visit and indeed its relevance and importance appears to me to be no more than PR exercise, affording RTE cheap programming and its 'Talent' a nice junket. Begrudgery is totally foreign to my nature so I'm not just being small minded its just that if this whole charade is deemed to be ' historical ' are Bertie's f**k ups not also historical ?? And have we not always been taught that to ignore the mistakes of the past is to be condemned to repeat them???

be the holy!!!
slipper
Advanced Member

Postby Dancer » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:12 pm

Slipper, given that you've quoted me three times, I take it you are upset by my reply to Micheál's post.

I was just being facetious and didn't think anyone would take offence. My sincere apology to you and anyone else
who might have taken umbrage. As for the current State visit, I was absolutely thrilled and delighted to witness
the events of yesterday. I personally don't care how much it cost financially or who went along. It was and is
wonderful to see two neighbouring countries finally declaring a mutual respect and understanding for all that has
come to pass between them and promising to support each other from here on in. I'm glad I am alive to see it !!
xx Dancer xx

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer

Postby Toss » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:27 pm

Dancer wrote: I was just being facetious

Wats tat ? :twisted:
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss

Postby slipper » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:54 pm

Dancer,

The tripling of the quotes is purely down to my awkwardness when typing & my limited knowledge of computers, so please no offence intended there! and I hope none will be taken . We are all entitled to hold opinions, you and I obviously don't share the same re ' state visit ' I've no problem with that whatsoever and I recognise that my opinion may not be appreciated or commonly shared.It has also not escaped my notice that said 'visit' appears to be approved of by many members of our site. Then tongue n cheek' humour of your original comment didn't bypass me either, I believe I've commented on your sense of humour ( which I enjoy very much ) in earlier posts so, I hope this clears up any or all misrepresentation. I am perhaps just a little too sensitive re our recent financial troubles and their causes and undue effects on the poorer classes of our abused country. So when I see anyone whom I perceive to be in any way responsible for our predicament being given a platform to voice opinions other than profound apologies I tend to get testy, thereby clouding my sense of humour.
slipper
Advanced Member

Postby Dancer » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:28 pm

slipper wrote:Dancer,

The tripling of the quotes is purely down to my awkwardness when typing & my limited knowledge of computers, so please no offence intended there! and I hope none will be taken .
Image phew!!!

slipper wrote:Dancer,

We are all entitled to hold opinions, you and I obviously don't share the same re ' state visit ' I've no problem with that whatsoever and I recognise that my opinion may not be appreciated or commonly shared.It has also not escaped my notice that said 'visit' appears to be approved of by many members of our site. Then tongue n cheek' humour of your original comment didn't bypass me either, I believe I've commented on your sense of humour ( which I enjoy very much ) in earlier posts so, I hope this clears up any or all misrepresentation. I am perhaps just a little too sensitive re our recent financial troubles and their causes and undue effects on the poorer classes of our abused country. So when I see anyone whom I perceive to be in any way responsible for our predicament being given a platform to voice opinions other than profound apologies I tend to get testy, thereby clouding my sense of humour.

I understand completely Slipper and thank you for being so gracious. I am the Queen of Hissy Fits myself
and have been appropriately likened to a fire breathing Dragon, which I am rather proud of :D
So consider yourself HUGGED !!
xx Dancer xx

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer

PreviousNext

Return to DUN LAOGHAIRE