Kingstown royalists awake

The Town and its People past and present...

Kingstown royalists awake

Postby grammer » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:13 pm

seeing how yis are all keeping a low profile and ignoring this post
Ive altered the title

its been confirmed everyone -great and exciting news
her Majesty Queen Elizabeth is to visit next year --
so you all have plenty of time to find the old coronation mugs and pictures and flags -that are safely packed away in the old wicker picnic basket in the attic (or the celler -depending on what side of the tracks your from)
the art of flag making and bunting will re amerge fairly fast -and its time to brush up on the old gift of making afternoon tea and cucumber sambos---

wont it be great for the town if her royal highness gifts us with a visit --
after all royalty is still all around us -

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Re: Kingstown royalists awake

Postby Lar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:36 am

You are joking? Who would want the old biddy there?
Last edited by Lar on Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lamb Laidir an Uchtar
Lar
Advanced Member

Postby johndle » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:15 am

Maybe She will bring The English World Cup Heroes as Well

Note my Etiquette I gave Her a capital S :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
Last edited by johndle on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
johndle
In the Bold Member Corner

Postby spudseamus » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:45 am

wheres the foxes hat! :twisted:
spudseamus
"Its good to be the King!"
"Its good to be the King!"

Postby pauldegrae » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:44 am

Re-name the town again, what? Of course it would have to be Queenstown rather than jolly old Kingstown, but since those Shinners in Cork renamed that place Cobh, Queenstown is now available again. What do you say, chaps?

By the way, i read somewhere or other that "jackeen" as a nickname for Dubs came from the little union jack flags that were handed out to the citizenry to wave during Queen Vic's visit. Is this true?
pauldegrae

Postby Enviro500 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:56 pm

GANG,

Cannot wait for my "wonderful Leader" to visit Kingstown again, Davy Stevens is th be brought back and the Police "constables" all turned out in thier finest.
Rename Monkstown Farm "Elizabethville", just like the Congo was.Sallynoggin renamed Windsor Royal Borough
Dalkey now to be O'Chelsea and Killiney " Knackeragua"!!!!....all us West Brits wiil be sent back to take over the Civil Service and send the gougers in the Dail to Spike Island, alongside our Cougers in charge here too..Ooooh can't wait

Enviro500
Enviro500
Executive Member

Postby grammer » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:36 am

hahahahahaaaaaaa-enviro
down forget to get out the old cornation mugs and little pics :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Let me tell you all -this town is full of very happy west brits -and they are alive and well and thriving -
look at all the councils -hanging on to their roal seals of office
his Worshipful Lord Mayor this -the chain and mace that
dont you worry -the good folk of Kingstown will be out in force to wave and deck the walls with ........
Her Royal Highness will be made very welcome in the Boro
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby dave-martin » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:00 pm

HaHahahahhahahahhaaaaa-
you people are very funny indeed-
It must be id say a big occasion for a lot of the uppercrust -what do you call the upper class in Ireland??
the Horsey and Polo and cricket people -
Id say they will be brushing up on their plans for the area -and is Her Highness going to visit Dun Laoghaire?????
If so that would be a Gala occasion for the town and the local dignitries--
I wonder if I will get over for the event

ceadh milley

dave
dave-martin

Postby Strum » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:29 pm

Enviro you are NOT a West Brit. You are an Ex-Pat man. West Brits in my understanding are Brits who come and live here. So you'ld be a East Paddy...see what I mean? :mrgreen:
Grammer nailed it when he talks about the Jodpurs and Green Wellie Brigade, and these heads don't even own a blo*dy horse, and they probably don't ever walk in mud either, their 4x4's get them through all that. :mrgreen:
You're a true Nogginer, end of story. :D
Strum
Administrator

Postby farmboy » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:31 pm

dave-martin wrote:HaHahahahhahahahhaaaaa-
you people are very funny indeed-
It must be id say a big occasion for a lot of the uppercrust -what do you call the upper class in Ireland??
the Horsey and Polo and cricket people -
Id say they will be brushing up on their plans for the area -and is Her Highness going to visit Dun Laoghaire?????
If so that would be a Gala occasion for the town and the local dignitries--
I wonder if I will get over for the event

ceadh milley

dave

You will be made as welcome as the little woman herself Dave. You didnt say what mode of transport you,ll be taking but if you decide on the canoe, watch out for the currents off the Muglins, they,ve caught many an old seadog out. :P
Walter Mitty is NOT a figment of my imagination.
farmboy
Skies are Blue

Postby Enviro500 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:19 pm

Whaay, Tally ho' Chap an' all that old boy, oh. and old girl.

One cannot just wait. Oh and yes one has been referred to as a "Damn West Brit...when I thought that such a person was " one of those Taffy types"

All that said I SHALL LEAD THE PROCESSION, just behind Mgr Boylan and of course Rev Wynne, the lovely man and jusy behind him our dear, dear. dear Mother Queen..
Looking forward all and can't wait....Royal Dublin Fusiliers being resurrected led by my Granda who was 23 years Brit Army inc R.D.F until 1922 then the Kent Rgt...He cannot wait either !!!

Enviro
Enviro500
Executive Member

Postby johndle » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:42 pm

I wonder will Big Ears and Horse Face come as well :lol: :lol: :lol:
johndle

Postby dave-martin » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:22 am

Ahhhh -hang on a second chaps --
you all seem to be missing the -the main theme here -
you all Im sure have or had coronation mugs and jugs in your homes when you were young --
my information on this that every family in Dun Laoghaire had a member who either served in the forces of the UK or worked and lived there
Enviro -himself a long living irishman in the UK who seems to have done very well for himself in his chosen career --so to knock the people who are giving you a good life is a little -in-my mind iffy-

I thought West Brits were people who lived in Dublin & Dun Laoghaire who still absorb all and any information on her Ladyship and family and speak with a funny accent that places them above the rest of the ordinary population --
in other words -----airs and graces -well I think thats the expression I read here somewhere --
could this be a love hate relatioship with the British Royals
I found an article on the net --where the Finnie Gaeyls are beside themselves with excitement =re the visit---
that they are well used to dealing with Royality--themselves being the direct decendants of british landlords and gentlemen farmers

lets have your genuine opinion on this -the people who are living in the emerald Isle ????
will you get a paid holiday on the day of the Royal visit??
if so what would you do on the day stay at home or go out and show a little support ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thank you farmboy --you are a funny man ---------may I refer you to another post regarding ethnic minorities----
----------------------------------------------------
JD -you are a laugh a minute ---- :D :D :D :D
did you defend your country in its time of need ????/////
this Royal Visit could be the best thing that will happen between your two countries
I have a little information that a Royal speech might contain a thank you to the people of Ireland for being the mainstay and supporter of England over the last 100 years
in its times of need and wanted the Irish came and stood side by side with the British people -
so dont knock it -while your in the lap of luxury
dave
dave-martin

Postby johndle » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:54 am

I for one will be staying Home
and doing my Knitting :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh by way Dave Will She she mention the Famine
And how Her Aristocracy Plundered and Ravished OUR Land
And left the Irish to Die or Emigrate
And the Irish served in the Brit Army
not for the Love of the Monarch
but for the Kings Shilling

Queen my ARSE :P :P :P
johndle

Postby pauldegrae » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:36 am

I may have been born and reared in Royal Terrace, but Betty's visit, if it happens, will have very little interest for or effect on me--unless, as has been suggested, she visits Killarney, which is not far from where I live now. As a fantastically overpaid and over-publicised head of state, she makes an easy target, and I've made many's the crack about her myself. But I find the current rash of pseudo-nationalistic anti-royalism just a little irritating (I don't mean specifically in this forum, I mean in general). It would be more convincing and more coherent coming from a nation that was truly independent and that was not besotted with British or, more precisely, English culture: not just the English language, but English TV, English football teams, English newspapers, English "celebrities"... if we take all that on board, we can't really bitch about their most enduring celeb paying us a visit, can we?

This rant has been brought to you on behalf of the traditional music practitioners of Ireland, of which I am one: yes, I mean good old diddle-di-aye, the music of the plain people of Ireland, which the aforesaid plain people of Ireland turned away from en masse as soon as they had the chance. F@*# this, I'm off to dig a few shpuds before the English blight gets on them...
pauldegrae

Postby Enviro500 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:11 pm

Dave-Martin,

Thank you for the comments and I am actually serious, to a degree anyway..I have lived here in the U.K (Where is your abode...to the nearest country will do !!) since 1967.

I am quite proud to be an Irishman and Passport carrier living outside of Ireland...both my kids U.K born and Irish passport holders . England gave me the opportunities while Eire, to use the term gave me a mailboat one way ticket. They were pissed off that U boat UB 123 was not lurking about in the Irish Sea to make sure we never came back..

That aside I would have come back here given the opportunity up to the mid 1982..then one morning I woke up and the homesickness was gone.

This article I NOTE HAS AROUSED that time lost Brit-Irish Thing...We are having a jibe and I personally would like to see the Queen welcomed in Dublin...Are we still blaming all the Romans for Feeding the Cristians to the lions...with the Corn Flakes...Do you not watch John Wayne finishing off all them REDSKINS...I think not.So join in the fun here and you will be very welome to visit my Adopted Country..

Was it not DeValera that signed the Book of Condolences for Hitler and the German Embassy.....even though they bombed the North Strand and Glenageary..the second bombing was a genuine mistake as the pilot was believed to be Mr Magoo...pppppppilooott errrorrr !

Enviro500
Enviro500
Executive Member

Postby jordo » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:03 pm

If she was here today and passed our house she would think I am one of her many loyal supporters because the only time I cheer for England is when they are plying those Nazi scum.

So, for the next hour and a half Rule Brittania, back in a minute here's the anthem.
jordo

Postby jordo » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:54 pm

As Winston once famously said "The Germans have received back again that measure of fire and steel which they have so often meted out to others. Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."
jordo

Postby MyLuck! » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:42 pm

My mother used to say when there were visitors around (and we in the country as you'll tell!)
They're welcome if they knock at the door but I'm not going to the head of the road to show them the way!

Let her visit and let those that want to welcome her welcome her and those who don't stay at home!
I can't see her knocking on doors!!!

I remember a good few years ago there was a visiting dignatory from China and I was on my lunch and on O'Connell Street. The Gardai came along and stopped all the pedestrians from crossing and by the time the royal cars went by there was a huge number of people each side of the road along by the GPO (Typical lunchtime group multiple by three or four changes of lights!) I'm sure that the dignotories thought we were all there for them and were probably oblivious to the fact the waves were "get out of it" ones rather than friendly ones!
MyLuck!

Postby grammer » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:07 pm

grammer
The Spoon

Postby grammer » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:25 pm

breaking news ------

grammer
The Spoon

Postby jordo » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:02 pm

I thought he had told her the English translation of the word Glasthule :)
jordo

Postby Enviro500 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:49 pm

GRAMMAR,

I just called 'Liz' and she said, " No bother old cock" Himself and I will take the 75 as it avoids "That Stuate". oooh, and by the way, Is One's Bus Pass valid here..Just like London Transport ?
Loved your scribes above !!
Enviro
Enviro500
Executive Member

Postby Enviro500 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:51 pm

Grammar,

That should read "THAT STATUE"...been deliberating on our loss today..Ah well they got 'even Steven for 1966 '...and played great

Enviro
Enviro500
Executive Member

Postby grammer » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:59 pm

sorry enviro - iIshould have mentioned the Statue -
I was more or less thinking about the roundabout and all the old ladies screaming on the 58 as it flew around the afore mentioned roundabout----
grammer
The Spoon

Next

Return to DUN LAOGHAIRE