Kingstown royalists awake

The Town and its People past and present...

Re: Kingstown royalists awake

Postby slipper » Wed May 20, 2015 3:32 pm

Toss wrote:
gingertom wrote:Ireland is a different place to what it was pre 1998. Yes it is not easy for some but we must move forward, not forget what happened but try to ensure conflict is kept at bay.

I think we can expand that to 'the world' is a different place ....... Corporate war is where we are at today, huge conglomerate corporations buying into countries underhandedly and controling governments while the people are fed some meaningless scraps to fight over. Money is controlling the world and borders are being swept aside as more and more Governments lose their independence due to their failure to say no and stand up for their people. A return to violence in NI .... no chance, the gravy train is in town and all the community leaders have become fat cats. All we have to do is look at the way the Conservatives have decimated the Labour vote in the UK to see that theres no fire in the belly of the working class .... the people have basically been bought, the fight taken out of them and its no different here.

Nobody wants to ask why suicides and murders have gone through the roof since 1998 or why drugs have left the back street and turned up at the top tables all over the country. Its all rationalised and normalised as if we are superior to what went before .... but in reality, we are killing ourselves through personal greed. The truth is, we have lost the ability to say no .... to call a spade a spade and to see beyond the screen that we look at and to work together. Like it or not, we are basically part of the UK, we read their papers, watch their TV, shop in their shops and thats before we get to how we follow every trend that pops up there..... we have moved on and there's no going back. The UK is not our foe these days, it turns our that we are our own worst enemy.
I'm of the same mind entirely Toss, and fair play to you for taking the trouble to write about it, I'm so disgusted and glad to be too old - hopefully - to see the obvious final outcome ! BangHead BangHead
slipper
Advanced Member

Postby Sinead » Wed May 20, 2015 3:34 pm

If the men and women who have always been willing - to give your life for their
country- would at any time say SORRY FOR WHAT WE DID, THE MAYHEM WE caused,
or give up the bodies of the disappeared - instead of classing them as collateral
damage then people could move on, forgive and perhaps heal.

Sinéad
Sinead
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Dancer » Mon May 25, 2015 10:50 am

Sinead wrote:If the men and women who have always been willing - to give your life for their
country- would at any time say SORRY FOR WHAT WE DID, THE MAYHEM WE caused,
or give up the bodies of the disappeared - instead of classing them as collateral
damage then people could move on, forgive and perhaps heal.

Sinéad

I agree with you 100% Sinéad. Sometimes all it takes is for someone to say that all important word - it can make such a difference .
xx Dancer xx

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer
Deliciously,delectable, delightful Dancer

Postby Sinead » Tue May 26, 2015 7:40 pm

Thanks for understanding Dancer. I did think that post was being
ignored.

Sinéad
Sinead
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby grammer » Wed May 27, 2015 12:56 am

There is an old saying -"Sorry is the hardest word"
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Previous

Return to DUN LAOGHAIRE