The Weather

Animals, Botany, Nature in general

Re: The Weather

Postby Zirco » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:03 pm

Rocker wrote::lol: :lol:

Just back from my second visit to Croatia, on the Istria peninsula......

Ooh that sounds good Rocker. I looked up Istria and the only placename I recognised was Poreč, on the coast.
Are the locals friendly? They've had tough times what with the wars etc. We Irish are known for being welcoming to tourists.
Second time there means you must like it.
Istria.....sounds idyllic. Tell us a bit about your holiday....pleeez?
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light".
Dylan Thomas
Zirco
Stellar Member

Location: Came from Zircon, Multiverse to Dublin, Ireland, Earth, Multiverse

Postby Strum » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:07 pm

Rocker wrote::lol: :lol: Dopey me had just watered the pots !!

You weren't to know Rocker. ;) Saved me a considerable amount of gallons of fluoridated tap water anyway. :D
Strum
Administrator

Postby Rocker » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:29 am

Zirco,

Croatia is just gorgeous. I was only in Dubrovnik last year and that is a walled city, a bit expensive but, we stayed in a resort hotel a little outside the city and took the local bus every day. People very friendly, food gorgeous, drink about the same price as here but we went to Bosnia for a day and it was so cheap and Montenegro for another day and that is so cheap too All the coast form Dubrovnik up is just full of interesting bays and holiday places, quiet but nice. This year we flew to pula and went to a hotel resort in Porec(with the yoke on the c) again glistening, clear seas but much quieter than Dubrovnik, a bit too relaxing for me. Though again people very friendly. They did not suffer too much during the conflicts as not much went on it that area. If I went again I'd hire a car and move around at my own pace as the public buses are not very frequent and slow. Seas can be very choppy so we didn't take the boats to Venice. They can have varied weather because of the position of Istria.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Zirco » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:34 am

Sounds really good Rocker. Thanks for sharing. wuu
Really does sound idyllic. wuu
Dylan Thomas
Zirco
Stellar Member

Postby Denis Cromie » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:32 am

Rosemary Clooney one of my favourite singers and Sophia Loren,well what can a fella say dnc1 Had a great time in Italy we were in Rome for 3 days,enjoyed the eating out,the people watching and the history sites. For the other 4 days we were in the Abruzzo region,very mountainous and famous for it's red wine,sure you couldn't go wrong. Got a few showers of rain and a few gallons of wine. Happy Days. ;)
Denis Cromie
Ex-Chief Chocolate Enrober

Postby Rocker » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:15 am

Happy days Denis. Sounds pefect. "Bellissimo".
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Zirco » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:47 am

Sounds lovely Denis! We're you based in the mountains in Abruzzo? wuu wuu wuu

I love the line.....

"All you Calabrese do the mambo like-a crazy"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dylan Thomas
Zirco
Stellar Member

Postby Denis Cromie » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:50 pm

Zirco spent 4 days in a place called Pescoconstanza. It's very remote and was very hard to find anyone who spoke English.Their tourist season is July,
August in Summer and January to March in Winter. Lovely people but their English was as good as my Italian so sign language was the mode of conversation. In the restaurants the only words we were sure of were vino and pasta so we got plenty of both.
Denis Cromie

Postby Zirco » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:50 pm

Sounds great Denis, I see its near a National Park. Thanks for sharing.... wuu
Dylan Thomas
Zirco
Stellar Member

Postby Rocker » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:50 pm

Denis,

Sounds perfect. I have this mad notion that I will get a house to rent in Italy for a year and spend my time cycling around down to the shops etc, learning a bit of lingo and eating lots of Italian food and of course, drinking wine. Might do it yet while I still have enough balance for the bike :lol: :lol:
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Micheál » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:38 pm

Denis Cromie wrote:Zirco spent 4 days in a place called Pescoconstanza. It's very remote and was very hard to find anyone who spoke English.Their tourist season is July,
August in Summer and January to March in Winter. Lovely people but their English was as good as my Italian so sign language was the mode of conversation. In the restaurants the only words we were sure of were vino and pasta so we got plenty of both.

I'm a bit further south at the moment. Walked into a bar and asked for a"beer". Teenage "waiter" brought a Vino Rossa. He couldn't make the connection between "beer" and "birra" . Now I'm the first to appreciate the benefit of being exposed to the local language but, whatever about an older resident, a teenager who is employed to serve international tourists and having no understanding of common English terms is quite shocking.

Earlier today, I was served a(nother) beer by a young girl - abt 15 yrs. Good English vocabulary and when we were leaving, she asked us how we rated her English. Perfecto! So there's room to hope.

M.
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby Denis Cromie » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:26 am

I think that we've been spoiled Micheál. I know that it's the first time I've gone to Europe where the menu in a Restaurant/ Café is only in the native language. I'm just gonna have to brush up my language skills. Apart from the language difficulty I thought the people were warm and friendly and I really enjoyed the holiday.
Denis Cromie

Postby Rocker » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:34 am

Well...............How are we going to cope???? The weather man is talking about one day of temperatures of 29 degrees....the news is talking about it.....the weather wan is telling us to put on our sunscreen......the paper is talking about a Yellow Heatwave alert....the dog is under the table.....IT IS ONE DAY........later tonight they are expecting thunder storms and downpours and new moon and daft tides....How did we ever cope without weather predictions???? I think we just stayed in under the tree when it was blazing sunshine and swam in the sea ....and got out our water pistols................

Enjoy the day
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Micheál » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:24 pm

A good day for practice flights for next weekends Bray air show. So it's not just the weather that's Looking up!
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby Denis Cromie » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:45 pm

Denis Cromie

Postby Rocker » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:01 am

This gorgeous Irish weather is wasted on the Irish. Anytime I am travelling on the DART I hear people moaning to each other "Oh, isn't it a lousy summer"! where have they been. I can't remember a drier year in my lifetime. The sun has been shining every day, I am as brown as a berry, I get the washing dry in about two hours every day, I haven't an idea where my jacket is.

In August I went to Tuscany, don't ask me why I went at that time but the trip came up. 35 degrees every day 100percent humidity. Sitting in the shade, listless. Not a breeze. The place was gorgeous but, I was too hot and soaked to notice nor to care.

Oh, beautiful Irish weather. We can walk, breath, swim, eat out.....I love it :lol: :lol: :lol:
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Denis Cromie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:21 am

Me too,though I'm going to play golf with a few mates this afternoon and just hope it stays sunny. It can rain tomorrow if it likes, it'll give me a chance to do the hoovering. ;) Come to think of it there wasn't much hoovering done in our house this year :D
Denis Cromie

Postby Toss » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Denis Cromie wrote:Me too,though I'm going to play golf with a few mates this afternoon and just hope it stays sunny. It can rain tomorrow if it likes, it'll give me a chance to do the hoovering. ;) Come to think of it there wasn't much hoovering done in our house this year :D

Good man on the hoovering Denis, its just a bit too hot for the leather ...

I too shall be beating my balls round the ol' golf course this afternoon and the forecast is fine 8-) enjoy hellllo
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss
Skies are Blue

Postby Strum » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:28 pm

Fair play to the air conditioning in Aldi, it was boiling out on Monday, as you know, and when I walked into Aldi...ahhhh...was like walking into a cold storage room, lovely. :D
Strum
Administrator

Postby Denis Cromie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:11 pm

Love it Toss,really talented singer but doubt if that skirt would be appropriate,haven't got the legs. Well the weather did hold up and me and me mate won the few bob and we had a nice couple of pints after. Happy Days,wonderful country to live in. :D
Denis Cromie

Postby Dancer » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:29 pm

Toss wrote:
Denis Cromie wrote:Me too,though I'm going to play golf with a few mates this afternoon and just hope it stays sunny. It can rain tomorrow if it likes, it'll give me a chance to do the hoovering. ;) Come to think of it there wasn't much hoovering done in our house this year :D

Good man on the hoovering Denis, its just a bit too hot for the leather ...

I too shall be beating my balls round the ol' golf course this afternoon and the forecast is fine 8-) enjoy hellllo

Hope you replaced your divots Toss ; wouldn't want you mucking up the golf course now , would we? :twisted:
xx Dancer xx

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer
Deliciously,delectable, delightful Dancer

Postby Rocker » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:06 am

Denis Cromie wrote:Love it Toss,really talented singer but doubt if that skirt would be appropriate,haven't got the legs. Well the weather did hold up and me and me mate won the few bob and we had a nice couple of pints after. Happy Days,wonderful country to live in. :D

Delighted you had a good day Denis.

Toss, I nearly swallied me tongue laughing at Freddy dooing the hoovering. Such a talent, such a singer, He stole my heart. HID is still singing the song....should I take the hint :?: :?:
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Strum » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:41 am

Dancer wrote:
Hope you replaced your divots Toss ; wouldn't want you mucking up the golf course now , would we? :twisted:

Yeah, and hope you picked up all those tees you whacked and didn't leave them on the course for Foxes to choke on did you! :D
Strum
Administrator

Postby Toss » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:09 am

Dancer wrote:Hope you replaced your divots Toss ; wouldn't want you mucking up the golf course now , would we? :twisted:

Of course I did Dancer, we even bring a bag of sand & seed to help repair any damage quicker.

Theres no point in trying to choke the foxes, Strum. They are far too smart ... its easier to shoot them like they do in Arklow. :o
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss
Skies are Blue

Postby Strum » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:14 am

Toss wrote:Theres no point in trying to choke the foxes, Strum. They are far too smart ... its easier to shoot them like they do in Arklow. :o

Oh man you're in trouble when missus Dancer reads that. aawhip aawhip aawhip :lol:
Strum
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NATURE