The Weather

Animals, Botany, Nature in general

Re: The Weather

Postby Dancer » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:46 pm

Any further updates on fixing the site ? It’s annoying seeing all the gobbledegook
when I try to post something .
xx Dancer xx

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer
Deliciously,delectable, delightful Dancer

Postby Strum » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:11 pm

Very sorry folks left in the lurch but I'm on it.

Thanks GT. Something else that concerns me is updating the site with the newest software because we would all have to agree to the new EU internet terms and conditions and I'm personally opposed to this tracking method which is exactly what it is. Everything has been building up to this, take note of every site over the last year asking you accept cookies. These simple text files were harmless to allow you quicker access to a website you frequently visit, but now they have different lines of text to track you for marketeers that follow all your surfing habits.

"This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and to analyse traffic. Your IP address and user agent are shared with Google, together with performance and security metrics, to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics and to detect and address abuse.

"By playing this video you agree to Twitter's use of cookies. This use may include analytics, personalization, and ads."

Just look up the phrases in bold type. It simply means that whatever we do now is tracked and recorded, even when you delete history, even the cookies, it's too late because it's all stored on the servers.

Anyway I'm just saying I'll keep it the way it is.

EDIT: And the biggest joke of all? "We value your privacy"
Strum
Administrator

Postby gingertom » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:32 pm

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/go ... ction.html

Strum,
Yes, there is significant responsibility placed upon the administrators of web-blogs and the relevant data held by their servers, relating to their subscribers/contributors. Opinion based sites, akin to all content providers must now have increased and appropriate online security. This means a consequent unavoidable cost to have such content displayed, with all contributors personal details sufficiently protected.
zingerberi capillus et bene moratus.
gingertom
Advanced Member

Postby gingertom » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:07 pm

Be careful Strum.
gingertom
Advanced Member

Postby Dancer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:05 pm

Sorry you’re still having trouble Strum . I hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction and soon.
Keep the faith dnc1
xx Dancer xx

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer
Deliciously,delectable, delightful Dancer

Postby Rocker » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:37 pm

gingertom wrote:http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/government_in_ireland/national_government/standards_and_accountability/data_protection.html

Strum,
Yes, there is significant responsibility placed upon the administrators of web-blogs and the relevant data held by their servers, relating to their subscribers/contributors. Opinion based sites, akin to all content providers must now have increased and appropriate online security. This means a consequent unavoidable cost to have such content displayed, with all contributors personal details sufficiently protected.

Oh God gingertom this sounds like a mine field. We are just a bunch of moaners from the Borough who used to like to chat!
Where to from here???????
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Strum » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:34 am

gingertom wrote:Be careful Strum.

Is this what you mean GT?

"The GDPR and the law enforcement Directive provide for significant reforms to current data protection rules. They provide for higher standards of data protection for individuals and impose increased obligations on organisations that process personal data. They also increase the range of possible sanctions for infringements of these rules."

I'm not doing anything wrong by not updating the software, just like I don't accept cookies anywhere, it's not mandatory is it, so why not keep the site as is, when it's repaired, and let it continue as is, a small community chatting, no harm in that, point being that I'm protecting your privacy here so why give access to your emails, private messages and all your past posts etc?

And the biggest joke of all? "We value your privacy" :lol:
Strum
Administrator

Postby gingertom » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:15 am

Strum,put simply....yep, I couldn't agree more.
gingertom
Advanced Member

Postby Rocker » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:55 pm

gingertom wrote:Strum,put simply....yep, I couldn't agree more.

Phew...

I just couldn't imagine my day without looking in here!! wuu wuu
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Gerald » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:20 pm

Strum wrote:
gingertom wrote:Be careful Strum.

Is this what you mean GT?

"The GDPR and the law enforcement Directive provide for significant reforms to current data protection rules. They provide for higher standards of data protection for individuals and impose increased obligations on organisations that process personal data. They also increase the range of possible sanctions for infringements of these rules."

I'm not doing anything wrong by not updating the software, just like I don't accept cookies anywhere, it's not mandatory is it, so why not keep the site as is, when it's repaired, and let it continue as is, a small community chatting, no harm in that, point being that I'm protecting your privacy here so why give access to your emails, private messages and all your past posts etc?

And the biggest joke of all? "We value your privacy" :lol:

Gerald
Advanced Member

Postby Rocker » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:24 pm

Well the real weather is just fantastic. A heatwave on the way. The sea at Killiney is sparkling and swimmers are arriving. We are blessed with so many gorgeous places in the Borough to sit, relax and enjoy. Yippeee is all I can say.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Strum » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:20 pm

I hope they take their rubbish home with them Rocker. :D
Strum
Administrator

Postby gingertom » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:01 pm

Yes, keep our beaches clean from our induced garbage. Put it in a bag and bring it home.
gingertom
Advanced Member

Postby Rocker » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:22 pm

gingertom wrote:Yes, keep our beaches clean from our induced garbage. Put it in a bag and bring it home.

I wish!!!

Yesterday I saw some lads struggling with a large box of cans to Killiney Beach. You can bet your bottom dollar both box and cans would be chucked into the sea!!
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Holla » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:31 am

Rocker posted earlier how lucky we are here in the borough with nice places to visit, and so right she is between the mountains and the sea,I paid a visit to the cemetery yesterday where I noticed all the plants have dried up and died on most graves and there's a weed of some sort gone rampant in Deansgrange won't be long until the hosepipe ban.
Holla
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Rocker » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:41 am

Holla wrote:Rocker posted earlier how lucky we are here in the borough with nice places to visit, and so right she is between the mountains and the sea,I paid a visit to the cemetery yesterday where I noticed all the plants have dried up and died on most graves and there's a weed of some sort gone rampant in Deansgrange won't be long until the hosepipe ban.

How right you were Holla.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby keeper » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:28 pm

That weed is so invasive, Horses Mane, indestructible fecker, my Aunt got her family grave done 18 months ago and that stuff burst its way up through the heavy plastic sheet and gravel and destroyed the grave. Waste of time trying keep it in control, my family grave covered in it.
keeper
Somewhere over the rainbow

Previous

Return to NATURE