Phew...

Photographs and Images from around Killiney

Re: Phew...

Postby Micheál » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:34 am

I was lurking around Coliemore for a while - no luck either - just lots of Cormorants or Gannetts or some such.

M.
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby Denis Cromie » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:02 pm

Holla I remember years ago in Dun Laoghaire when people wanted to call in the cat they'd say "Here Kitty,Kitty,Kitty". Now that got me to thinking would it work with dolphins, you could try it out the next time you're down Dalkey/Killiney seaway you could call out to the dolphins "Here Dolphie,Dolphie,Dolphie. Well you never know,sure didn't it work with the cats. But then maybe they've scarpered off to the Canaries for the Winter like a lot of the people who live in the area. :lol: :lol:
Denis Cromie
Ex-Chief Chocolate Enrober

Postby Holla » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:44 pm

Denis Cromie wrote:Holla I remember years ago in Dun Laoghaire when people wanted to call in the cat they'd say "Here Kitty,Kitty,Kitty". Now that got me to thinking would it work with dolphins, you could try it out the next time you're down Dalkey/Killiney seaway you could call out to the dolphins "Here Dolphie,Dolphie,Dolphie. Well you never know,sure didn't it work with the cats. But then maybe they've scarpered off to the Canaries for the Winter like a lot of the people who live in the area. :lol: :lol:

Yeah Denis I could try that,next I would be on youtube and you could come and visit me in Dundrum or the Gorman afterall it was your idea its the least you could do :D
Holla
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Micheál » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:13 am

Reminds me of a time in my late youth when a pal and I spuriously acquired tickets to a premier screening of a documentary on Fungie (our Dingle friend) in the Savoy. All the Wildlife glitteratti were in attendance and of course we couldn't refuse the generous offer of free drink at a reception afterwards in the Gresham.

So there we were - two single lads with absolutely no cinematography credentials or interest in wild life - at least not that type of wildlife - rubbing shoulders with the beardies and lovies, and swilling free beer.

Up come this delightful young lady - we didn't know it at the time but she was a daughter of one of the producers - and the conversation eventually came round to our connection with, or interest in, the film. Thinking on my feet, I piped-up "We're from Goodman International's Development Division. We're researching new opportunities for food products and were examining the options for introducing a new type of steak to the Irish housewife that already very popular in Japan - Dolphin"

I didn't get her number. But I'll never forget the look.
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby Denis Cromie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:30 am

I love it Micheál,a true Dun Laoghairer.
Holla what kind of flowers do you like? :lol:
Denis Cromie

Postby Holla » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:04 pm

Funny one micheal :lol:

Denis no flowers please,just bring the standard cake with the hacksaw inside it :)
Holla

Postby Denis Cromie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:30 pm

Holla I wont send you roses so but I think a bit of geli in the cake might be more effective than a hacksaw.
Denis Cromie

Postby Strum » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:10 pm

Hahaha Michael! :D :D :D
Strum
Administrator

Postby Holla » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:07 pm

Just back from a trip around Dalkey and killiney and wow I got to see the dolphins pure magic :)
Holla

Postby Denis Cromie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:08 am

There yar Holla told ya Dolphie,Dolphie,Dolphie could work. :lol: I was looking out for them yesterday from the Dart but didn't spot them,but you're right they are a magical sight.
Denis Cromie

Postby Rocker » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:30 am

I'm trying to get fit so am walking a bit and have the camera in tow. I would love to get the dolphins or sharks...heard something yesterday that ther are basking sharks off some coasts...so Dora and her sneakers are going out now to walk the beach and see what wildlife is around...
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Beach Flags

Postby Rocker » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:25 pm

Just realised I know nothing about beach flags. There are some red/yellow flags flying at Killiney for the last few weeks and just today I realised they are to indicate that there is a Lifeguard on duty......you probably all knew that but just in case...

http://www.askaboutireland.ie/learning- ... hes-today/
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Rocker » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:22 pm

Strum,

Pity all those great photos are gone...do you still have them :?: probably too long ago and too many computer failures ago.(always my problem).
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Strum » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:56 pm

I don't have them Rocker, lost them years ago with a pc crash. This is a big problem for the site because any photos that have ever been uploaded with imageshack will now be gone altogether and no way of retrieving them which will make a lot of topics meaningless. Might be worth it to subscribe but that doesn't guarentee that the photos are still stored there. Damn them! :twisted:
Strum
Administrator

Previous

Return to KILLINEY.