Blackrock

Blackrock, Dean's Grange, Glenageary, Killiney, Ballybrack, Dalkey, Stillorgan...

Re: Blackrock

Postby Strum » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:45 pm

Yes, as far as I remember he lived for a while in the old signal box at Merrion gates or a shed or something along there. I had a pint with him one day in the Pembrook bar on Baggot St, his "local" and as Rocker said he was very well spoken and intelligent. No idea what happened to him.
Strum
Administrator

Postby Strum » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:07 pm

Rocker wrote:Isn't it funny how we always avoided anyone who didn't "fit in" ??.

Haha Rocker I was always drawn to "anyone who didn't fit in" Do you know this chap, also from Blackrock or Monkstown? I got chatting to him one day when he was swimming behind the Pier, also very well spoken and intelligent, ostracised by his family etc.
I offered to buy him a beer and he said no at first because he couldn't get served in pubs and hadn't been in one in over 20 years. So I dragged him up to Witherspoons and when the barman came over and asked him to leave I told him we were playing a gig in the Pavilion that night and he was the Drummer. Oh, ok what are ye having? :lol:
So we had a few beers and yer man, hate to say that ( I can't remember his name) was delighted. Anyway never judge a book by its cover and all that. thumbright.

Strum
Administrator

Postby skins » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:18 pm

Moses gets several mentions on this site, along with lots of other characters: http://www.politics.ie/forum/culture-co ... cters.html
Skins
skins
Executive Member

Postby Denis Cromie » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:09 pm

I remember the guy with the robe and staff. Gay Byrne had him on the Late Late Show some years back. He came across as very well educated and he was happy the way he lived and was not interested in charity.
Denis Cromie
Ex-Chief Chocolate Enrober

Postby Rocker » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:45 pm

You are great Strum and we all need a lesson from you in basic humanity. Imagine how that chap felt that night after sitting in a pub having a few pints like any "normal" person. Once we fall a little through the crack it is hard to get back and then we descend further till we no longer follow the "social mores" or whatever coping is called!!

You make me think Strum wuu wuu not a bad thing in this day and age.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Strum » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:58 pm

Rocker wrote:You are great Strum and we all need a lesson from you in basic humanity.

Eh, now I wouldn't say that Rocker but thanks for the thought. :lol: thumbright
Strum
Administrator

Postby stillorgan boy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:26 am

Fair play Strum. Credit where its due. I am sure it meant a lot to that man. What age would you think Moses would be now, if he's hopefully still with us? 70'ish maybe?
You're never fully dressed without a smile !
stillorgan boy

Postby Strum » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:44 pm

stillorgan boy wrote:Fair play Strum. Credit where its due. I am sure it meant a lot to that man. What age would you think Moses would be now, if he's hopefully still with us? 70'ish maybe?

Thanks SB, I worked in bars in London over a couple of years and I can tell you I've met all sorts, and the weirdest nearly always turned to be the cleverest, if that makes any sense. thumbright
Strum
Administrator

Previous

Return to OTHER AREAS OF THE COUNTY