Hello, first time posting, Eden Villas

The Village, its people, stories etc...

Re: Hello, first time posting, Eden Villas

Postby lpmacuada » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:46 pm

Thanks a lot lads, I did find the link and saw all of that stunning information.
lpmacuada

Postby Bicycle Bill » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:21 am

Hi Ipmacuada,

Welcome to the site. My mate lives next door to you in no 80. Ray Lynch. His dear old Mum was Molly Merrigan. The 101 has changed a lot. The few old guys still above ground tell me about trapping wild birds on the site . I know a lot of people from Findlater Street and Cauldwell Street the Shellys Stapletons, and the O Briens.
Cheers.
Bicycle Bill

Postby Lar » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:38 am

Hi Bicycle Bill, My family lived on Coldwell St in the early fifties, also had cousins, OBrien living on Finlater St and later they moved to Eden Ter, there is still a cousin of mine on Eden Ter.
Lamb Laidir an Uchtar
Lar
Advanced Member

Postby farmboy » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:45 pm

I mentioned before that my mother and Molly have been friends a long time, indeed they were in school together so would know each other for some 80 years now! The mother told me that she met Molly in the Farm some years ago and Molly walked into the middle of the road and stopped the traffic to let my mother cross!

When I mentioned Molly to the mum, she got me to bring a battered old suitcase down from the attic full of old photos. She managed to find these two which I think were on the same day, that day being the occasion of the celebration of Molly being 50 years a nun. This was 1993 or 94. My mum had the pleasure of being there, shes beside Molly in the first one.

Walter Mitty is NOT a figment of my imagination.
farmboy
Skies are Blue

Postby jordo » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:51 pm

Brilliant Farmboy, absolutely brilliant. All we need now is for LP to come back with a photo of the cottages and hopefully that will be soon as the Site had another query about the cottages on behalf of an Los Angelus based lady through Barnardos during the week.
jordo

Postby lpmacuada » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:33 pm

Hi farmboy, thank you so much for the photos. I have printed them and will mail them off to sister H tomorrow. She should be just getting back to the convent after spending a couple of weeks with her niece in the area. Her knees are not great at this time so she doesn't jump out in front of traffic anymore. My whole family was at the convent for her 60th anniversary and had a great time. I think that would have been 2005 or 2006. I know my brother Sonny was there and he passed in September 2006. He had to travel in a large handicapped van with big windows and was able to wave as they were leaving. Sister H still calls that his "Pope-mobile". Thanks again and have a wonderful week. I really appreciate jordo lettine me know about the pics. I didn't see them because I was stopping at page 1 not realizing that there was a page 2. I haven't figured out yet how to upload pics on this site. I have done it many time on facebook etc but the function is not jumping out at me on this site. When I click img it doesn't lead me anyplace. Any suggestions.
LP
lpmacuada

Postby farmboy » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:10 pm

Hi LP, glad you liked the pics. Coincidentally, my mum has problems with a dodgy knee this past while too but they are both wonderful women for their age.

Strum posted a very helpful guide with regard to how to upload pics but I,m not sure where he has it. I,m sure he, Jordo or Grammer will know where it is and point you to it in due course. Cheers.
Walter Mitty is NOT a figment of my imagination.
farmboy
Skies are Blue

Postby grammer » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:19 pm

Hi lp if you go to this link -it should be of help=
Strum posted step by step instructions on how to post photos
good luck

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=580&start=25

any problems just ask away
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Previous

Return to GLASTHULE