The morris family

Our Roots, Families, past Generations etc...

The morris family

Postby Titchy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:47 pm

Hi. I'm looking for information on my paternal grandmother's family. Her name was elizabeth morris born in 1922, I think she lived in glasthule where she married a matthew hayden in the early 40s. They lived in no 9 eden villas before moving to Dalkey. Any information on her parents and grandparents would be greatly appreciated as I'm doing a family tree
Titchy
Stellar Member

Re: The morris family

Postby Rocker » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:56 pm

Hi titchy

Your search for your relatives is in the 1920's and 1940's. At the moment it is only possible to access records both church and civic that are 100 years old. The Elizabeth morris you are seeking was born in 1922 so you could go through the Irishgenealogy records for marriages of people with the surname Morris from say 1915 to 22 .I had a quick look and found a Thomas Hayden marriage to Julia mannion in 1917
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/ ... mit=Search

They were married in St Michaels Church and were both from Mulgrave Street.He was a chief shipwright and his father was a carpenter. Is there any mention of carpenters in the Hayden family.

A Catherine Devlin married a John Morris in 1921 in Cabinteely He was from Tivoli Terrace and she was from Deansgrange.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/ ... 341963.pdf

It is only wild speculation but sometimes the profession of the address rings a bell.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Re: The morris family

Postby Titchy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:52 pm

Thanks rocker,that website is very helpful. I will continue to dig around ;)
Titchy
Stellar Member

Return to GENEALOGY