Looking for info on

Our Roots, Families, past Generations etc...

Re: Looking for info on

Postby Zirco » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:08 pm

Hi Debslaw, welcome hellllo
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light".
Dylan Thomas
Zirco
Stellar Member

Location: Came from Zircon, Multiverse to Dublin, Ireland, Earth, Multiverse

Postby DebsLaw » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:34 pm

Thanks Harjoe I will have a look at the photos, it was interesting to find out what teams Leo and Dom played for. Thanks to everyone for the welcome messages :D
DebsLaw
Stellar Member

Postby jabra » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:17 pm

Welcome Debslaw wuu wuu
Jabra
jabra
Advanced Member

Postby Helium » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:14 am

DebsLaw wrote:Hi Im new to the site and have just came across this post, Leo Leonard was my granddad, my mothers father, he was the clerk at the Church in Glasthule and was married to Bridget Dowling, they moved to O Donnell Gardens. He did have a brother called Dominic who became a monk in Mellifont Abbey and as mentioned they both played football.

Hi Debslaw I also knew your granddad Leo Leonard and my Dad knew him really well. He was a lovely man and knew more about the church in Gladthule than the priests. I also knew your uncle Johnny as he was a friend of my eldest brother when they were kids. Welcome. hellllo hellllo
Helium
Advanced Member

Postby Helium » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:21 am

Harjoe wrote:Welcome to the site Debslaw
There would be photos of both Dom and Leo Leonard on my http://www.soccerintheboro.com web site in the Edenville section and Blackrock Hospital section

Hi Harjoe I was looking at the photos on the soccer in the borough and didn't realise it was your site, well done. Brilliant photos over the years and I was delighted to see three photos of my brother, a couple of my uncle and another of a cousin of my Mother. Many names brought back memories too, Corrigan, Howard, Bell etc. Great photos that I had never seen before, many thanks. wuu wuu wuu wuu
Helium
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to GENEALOGY