Malware and Viruses

Any tips or links to good programs you may have on Computers post them here. PLEASE keep this Forum specifically for software and Computer help.

Re: Malware and Viruses

Postby Dancer » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:39 pm

Haven't come across that particular one but I get e-mails from iTunes saying that someone has purchased
A game or some such using my account. Then I get the usual link to click if it wasn't me . It's a scam to get your credit card details. Just delete it .
xx Dancer xx

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer
Deliciously,delectable, delightful Dancer

Postby skins » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:18 pm

Ta, D.
Skins
skins
Executive Member

Postby Navanman » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:38 pm

I did not get that one but I did get one this week from "Revenue / Welfare"

It was to do with Welfare refund from memory. I just deleted it.

Have had a few lately for some reason.

NM
Navanman
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby grammer » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:45 am

Dancer wrote:Haven't come across that particular one but I get e-mails from iTunes saying that someone has purchased
A game or some such using my account. Then I get the usual link to click if it wasn't me . It's a scam to get your credit card details. Just delete it .

Yep been getting them too Dancer and I'm not even a cool switched on dude
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
However I do notice-(grrrrrrrr) I'm getting loads of spam mails
the likes of "the secret of why johnny depp does'nt wear glasses anymore"
............"How to get rid of those laugh wrinkles under your eyes"
The best one is -they must think I'm a cowboy, "how to ...........................................for three days
without falling asleep" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Rocker » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:50 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: All vital information :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Dancer » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:11 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
xx Dancer xx

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer
Deliciously,delectable, delightful Dancer

Postby grammer » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:47 pm

Just got an email supposedly from eircom requesting me to revalidate- (looks real but.....It looks like a scam)
If I can find eircoms number I will give the a buzz-just be careful gang
my user ID
My password
Here I'll show yis
We are updating our domain policy and agreements for maintenances, all active users are to re-validate their accounts to continue enjoying our new service plans, to re-validate your account, kindly provide below info:

*E-mail ID:
*Username:
*Password:
*Confirm Password:

Failure to re-validate your account within 48-hours, it will be deactivated, we apologize for the inconveniences caused as we try our best to protect our user's account and provide better services.

Best Service
Eircom Technical Support

but at the bottom of the email is the best part babbby babbby babbby babbby babbby
____ Este mensaje junto con cualquier archivo adjunto puede contener información confidencial propiedad del Ministerio de Educación Pública. El uso o difusión de la información está sujeta a las regulaciones de privacidad, confidencialidad, responsabilidad y protección que apliquen a las personas y asuntos aludidos directa o indirectamente, a funcionarios públicos u otras personas no directamente interesadas o involucradas. La divulgación, distribución, reproducción o utilización del contenido de esta comunicación, ya sea total o parcialmente es estrictamente prohibida y puede dar lugar a responsabilidades legales. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ This message and any attachments may contain confidential information property of the Ministry of Public Education. The use or dissemination of the information is subject to the regulations of privacy, confidentiality, responsibility and protection that apply to persons and matters directly or indirectly alluded, to public officials or other persons not directly interested or involved. Dissemination, distribution, reproduction or use of the content of this communication, whether in full or in part is strictly forbidden and can lead to legal liability.
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Strum » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:54 pm

Strum
Administrator

Postby grammer » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:03 pm

Cheers Strum
you cant be up to these guys--
you gotta give it to them they don't miss a trick.
grammer
The Spoon

Previous

Return to COMPUTER PROBLEMS OR TRICKS AND TIPS.