DLRCoCo

Activities, Festivals, Exhibitions etc...

Re: DLRCoCo

Postby Micheál » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:42 pm

No additional cost (that I know of)
and it works with plain old Txt messages too! If you want to park your 12D 12345 in zone marked "ZN" for 3/4 hour you text
PARK ZN 45 12D12345 to a designated number
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby Toss » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:04 am

Thanks Michael, I appealed my fine this morning by sending them copies of the ticket and the fine. I highlighted that CCTV was in operation in the area where I bought my ticket, so there is proof of purchase. I admitted that I am guilty of closing my car door too quickly and it will be interesting to see how they respond.

Off now to sign up and lose a little more of my identity as big brother gathers more info on me .... and where were you on the 10th of june at 5.27pm ? :lol:
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss
Skies are Blue

Postby Rocker » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:22 am

With the talk about the removal of the trees at Sallynoggin I went looking at the Council website...here is the Tree Strategy.

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/parks/Tree_Strate ... rategy.pdf

now to find out why they removed those trees......
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Rocker » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:11 am

Just couldn't help noting the name of the man who was mentioned in the cancellation of the Brooks concerts....traffic and parking and one way streets and ....springs to mind when he was in D/L BangHead
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Micheál » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:05 am

A little off topic but heres a personal commentary from Rashers - who, it must be said knows the people of the North Inner City very well. Good to hear the other side of the argument . . .

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=277983215720474&id=100005263924267
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby Rocker » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:33 pm

Very well put by Rashers. It is bedlam up near Croke Park at any time...the museum and Hotel bring a huge amount of people and traffic. It is not only the "convenience" of the gardens but, the huge amount of litter, chips, pizzas etc thrown in the gardens. I know a very house proud woman living in the shade of the stadium and she dreads the matches and concerts. She is in local authority housing so did not choose to live there either... The GAA were wrong to think they could push the concerts through.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Dancer » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:26 pm

I was born and mostly reared just off Belvedere Ave on the NCRd and one of my friends lived in a house that backed on to the canal.
On match days her father and mother would set up stall in the front garden and charge match goers a shilling (I think) to take a shortcut
through their garden to go to Croker. They also sold sweets and drinks etc so all in all a nice little sideline. I remember as kids we used to
jot down all the car registration numbers in little notebooks - don't know why :lol: :lol:
When I got my first car I was able to get a permit to allow me to drive through from Clonliffe Rd up to Belvedere Ave so I never encountered any problems.
xx Dancer xx

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer
Deliciously,delectable, delightful Dancer

Postby slipper » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:40 pm

Dancer,the instance of coincidence never ceases to amaze me.

I worked for a large part of my life in a printing house in Portland place & drank in the Hideout in Tom O'Rourkes time, also Hogan Stand.

Jeez ! to think you were so close...

In an earlier post I pointed to work experiences we appeared to have shared...COINCIDENCE???
slipper
Advanced Member

Postby Dancer » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:09 pm

Slipper , was that Cityview Press ?? The house that I'm talking about was right beside that. I remember as kid going into Babs Fitzpatrick's
shop which was beside the Hide Out and if there was someone from the printing house in front of me, I would have to wait for what
seemed like forever to be served. Strangely enough , I ended up doing that task myself when I went to work in Smurfits :roll:
Before the Hide out was taken over by Tom O'Rourke it was owned by a very old lady named Aggie Shannon and she doted on my
brother and would give him a tiny glass (the size of a shot glass) of stout ....to keep the worms away.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
There was a guy who worked in Cityview and he was a very strange and scary looking character.....sallow skin, dark penetrating eyes and
very sombre looking. Well, he did the shop run a few times and we were all afraid of him because he never spoke or smiled and we were convinced
that he was an axe murderer or worse :shock: Anyway, many years later, I worked in another printing house and had occasion to call to one my
co workers prior to a night out on the town and when I walked in to sitting room , there was your man sitting on the sofa :lol: :lol: he was her brother :lol: :lol: and he hadn't changed one bit. I never let on to my friend that I had seen him before :shock: :oops: :lol:

I must have missed that other post you mentioned - will look it up ;)
xx Dancer xx

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer
Deliciously,delectable, delightful Dancer

Postby slipper » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:20 am

Dancer,we're off topic here so I'll reply in the chat forum.
slipper
Advanced Member

Postby Rocker » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:08 pm

slipper wrote:Dancer,we're off topic here so I'll reply in the chat forum.

Ha ha :lol: :lol: :lol: you are the only one who keeps the rules...bet you were up the top of the class and not in the dunces corner with the mad rebels and rule breakers....I never learned :lol: :lol: still love to do things the hard, long way... I'd say I have that D cap somewhere ...I wore it with pride....I was one of the few who never cried whrn the nuns beat us in Carysfort....matter of principle.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby grammer » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:53 pm

Walked along from the Park along the seafront up to the Town Hall.
Don't know what yis are all moaning about -
everywhere looks so well, tidy and well maintained the Wii even looks good (except for that brown brick extension)

I think DLRC deserve a round of applause for the great work they have and are doing.

ps did I get the job in the Co. managers office?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby slipper » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:09 pm

Jayz ye had me goin' there for a few seconds Grammer!

I thought "WTF" Grammer has turned turtle BangHead BangHead BangHead

Then I saw the PS :lol: :lol: :lol:
slipper
Advanced Member

Postby Micheál » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:31 pm

Well done Grammer

Great to see somebody standing up and being counted

Boing . . Boing . . . Boing . . .

M.
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby Rocker » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:52 pm

I came down on a 59 bus from Glasthule and there was such a crowd outside the church and the top of Marine Road but, then I realised one funeral was leaving the church and the crowd outside were the next lot of mourners for the next funeral. Maureen Brennan and Alex Miller....may they rest in Peace.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Toss » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:49 am

Toss wrote:I decided to get the ol' hair cut on the way home today in Cabinteely. Parked up at 4.45pm and got my 1 hour parking ticket from the machine. Off I went and arrived back at 5.30 to find a €40 parking fine ticket on my windscreen :evil: :evil: It appears that I closed the car door and it blew the ticket over on the windscreen, it was still visible and in pristine condition but facing down :( I drove around to find the scroat that did it but he had sneaked off at pace.

No details of appeal on the ticket, but the DLRCC website says I can appeal to the independent company patrolling parking on their behalf ..... has anyone ever appealed ? is it even worth my while or should I just pay up and help fund the expenses kitty of the fatherless toe rags that run the council violent1

Dearest hair cut ever and I wouldnt mind if the barber had to work that hard ;)

Arrived back from the holliers on Saturday to find that my appeal against the above parking ticket was successful and my fine was recinded 'on this ossasion' wuu ..... under the terms of this unique agreement,I am to refrain from any negative comments about our local Council for a period of no less than one month :oops: fair play angel

Ah well, sure a month is not that long and they are all on holidays anyway ;) :titter:
Toss
Skies are Blue

Postby Rocker » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:45 pm

Well done Toss wuu wuu

I was thrilled when I won mine...but, they did not ban me from negative comments against the Council....that is human nature...we can't change :titter:

Great to have you back...Bonjour.... hellllo
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby keeper » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:36 pm

Well done Toss ! But, how can they put that provision in as part of rescinding your fine, a ban on free speech dontknow didn't think any company can do that, mmmmm, maybe you are joking :lol:
keeper
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby grammer » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:14 pm

Arrived back from the holliers on Saturday to find that my appeal against the above parking ticket was successful and my fine was recinded 'on this ossasion' wuu ..... under the terms of this unique agreement,I am to refrain from any negative comments about our local Council for a period of no less than one month :oops: fair play angel

wuu wuu wuu wuu wuu wuu wuu Good on you Toss
but you are joking are'nt you??????
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Toss » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:53 am

grammer wrote:wuu wuu wuu wuu wuu wuu wuu Good on you Toss
but you are joking are'nt you??????

They watch every one of you on here and know all about you, theres a lot you can learn fron astute recycling of bins, phone tapping and internet monitoring .... the person I talked to was quick to point out that you were all paranoid and that as part of my amnesty I would be required to assist in some profiling of selected site members. Needless to say I spilled the beans on the lot of you and you had better not answer that knock on ther door or that late night phone call ......... because

:P :P
Toss
Skies are Blue

Postby grammer » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:37 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
goods ones !!!!!
grammer
The Spoon

Postby keeper » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:28 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but you're not fooling me :twisted: that's Grammer laughing :lol: Vincent Price indeed :roll: :roll:
keeper
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Rocker » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:46 am

As i am normally the first one to moan about the inactivity of our council I am delighted to read in the Southside people that Dún Laoghaire councillors have backed a call for the immediate release of Ibrahim Halawa the young Irish born who has been in prison in Egypt since last August. No book of evidence has been presented and he has not been charged with any offence.
Last edited by Rocker on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Strum » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:01 pm

Yeah that's awful Rocker, too long in prison for such a young man for nothing.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fa ... 42077.html
Strum
Administrator

Postby grammer » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:42 pm

Rocker wrote:As i am normally the first one to moan about the inactivity of our council I am delighted to read in the Southside people that Dún Laoghaire councillors have backed a call for the immediate release of Ibrahim Halowa the young Irish born who has been in prison in Egypt since last August. No book of evidence has been presented and he has not been charged with any offence.

I'm a bit surprised after reading that article -these councilors were elected to sort out Dun Laoghaire issues and here they are getting involved with something that the Dept of Foreign Affairs deals with- dontknow dontknow dontknow dontknow dontknow
grammer
The Spoon

PreviousNext

Return to NEWS AND UPCOMING EVENTS