DLRCoCo

Activities, Festivals, Exhibitions etc...

Re: DLRCoCo

Postby spudseamus » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:42 am

It all should have been done BEFORE any industrial buildings or large traffic company's went in there ! I know some councillors of the day were saying as much !! It was / is a very dangerous road even with no industry there !
spudseamus
"Its good to be the King!"
"Its good to be the King!"

Postby Rocker » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:50 am

I rarely use pottery Road but, it was very bendy and dangerous.

I see Amgen has the big factory backing on to the Rehab hospital..found this from the EPA where they appear to have taken over from pfizer

http://www.epa.ie/licences/lic_eDMS/090 ... 3d466d.pdf

In the deep recesses of my mind I think I recall when i was at school the hospital gave some land to some factory to create jobs in the area...that must have been the original factory there.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Strum » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:06 pm

Rocker wrote:Interesting.

Separately, the council has passed its annual budget. The completion of the €165 million budget was delayed because of protracted negotiations with Irish Water and the Department of the Environment over the transfer of assets and responsibilities to the new authority. The council will continue to maintain Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown’s water service under a service level agreement with the water authority.

Just copied this from that irish Times report. My reading of this is "The council will continue to maintain Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown’s water service under a service level agreement with the water authority." ??????? what are they talking about.....why have irish Water spend 50 million or its it 100 million on consultants and this looks like one Council will continue in the old order???....am I dreaming???????

Revelations this week that Irish Water spent €50 million of our money on consultants has rightly been met with anger and disbelief. The fact that one of the consultants was also responsible for auditing the former Anglo Irish Bank only adds insult to injury.
Minister Hogan has tried to justify this spending as a legitimate expense of setting up this company. However the people don't want this company, they already pay for their water through taxation. So the idea that spending this money on setting up a company that is unwanted is somehow legitimate is nonsense.
We are told the reason we will have to pay twice for our water is for conservation purposes. Surely if we are serious about conservation then the first thing we would do is upgrade our leaking system? However the introduction of water charges has nothing to do with conserving water. Irish Water have the possible option of increasing charges if demand is lower than expected, that means that if we conserve our water, we will end up paying more for it.
It is increasingly obvious that this double-charging of people for their water supply has nothing to do with conservation, and everything to do with squeezing every last penny out of working people. It is also interesting to note that while Irish Water are prepared to spend €50 million on consultants, they've only set aside €30 million to fix leaks.
Our supply system leaks about 40% of the water it carries, €30 million to fix that is a proverbial 'drop in the ocean' (pardon the pun). Irish Water also says it is up to members of the public to find leaks in their pipes, and that if they don't find them within the first year, then it will not be Irish Water's responsibility to pay for repairs.
We don't know exactly what Irish Water got for its €50 million as it is exempt from the Freedom of Information act. This means that no one really knows what is really happening behind the doors of Irish Water. €50 million is a lot of money, so what could it have been spent on? Despite his grossly inflated salary of €200,000 per year, €50 million would have kept Irish Water Chief Executive John Tierney employed for 250 years.
€50 million is more than double what was cut in 2013 from the Respite Carers Grant (€23 million). €50 million is enough to pay over 1800 workers on the median wage for a year.
With nearly 100,000 people on the housing waiting list nationwide, this money could have been used to provide homes to people who desperately need them. With the families of retired soldiers being forced from their homes in the Curragh camp, a small portion of this money could have been used to re-house all of them.
Strum
Administrator

Postby keeper » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:05 pm

Sadly, everything you say Strum is true, and there is no escape from it, if we use water we get charged, if we save water we also pay, it's a never ending assault on the ordinary people of this country, and, now, what with missing documents etc etc Anglo Irish enquiry put back a year, plenty of time for more evidence to go "missing"
keeper
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Toss » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:44 pm

Ah lads, give the poor politicians a break will ya ...... how can they be expected to keep an eye on the water works when they are soooo busy reforming the seanad :lol:

ha ha it must be about time the Feel and Fall party tell us how they have learned their lesson and we should vote them all back in ...

oh yes, they stepped out and we stepped in again
we stepped out and they stepped in again
fooling the pats and having a ball :P
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss
Skies are Blue

Postby Toss » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:14 pm

A proposal to build Traveller accommodation on sites in one of Ireland’s wealthiest areas was passed by Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council last night.

The draft Traveller accommodation plan – which includes 11 sites across the south Dublin area – was given the go-ahead as 16 councillors voted in favour and 10 against.

There were 147 submissions made to the proposals before the closing date of December 22nd, and nine were received after the deadline.

In addition, a petition signed by 186 people accompanied the submission that called for a Mount Anville Road site in Mount Merrion to be sold and used to pay for a Glenalbyn swimming pool.

The controversial site with views of Dublin Bay has been proposed for Traveller accommodation since 1985.

Draft Traveller Accommodation Programme 2014-2018 describes Mount Anville as suitable for five group housing units and was at “pre-design stage”.

The site received the highest number of submissions opposed to the plan.

Threats
Local Labour councillor Jane Dillon Byrne said she was happy to support the programme despite threats from a resident to call to her house in the early hours of the morning if there was were problems with a local suggested site.

“Travellers are people like everyone else,” she said.

Fine Gael councillor Barry Saul said 92 people and one resident association made submissions against the Mount Anville Road site.

“I’m very disappointed with the result as it will have a direct effect on the future funding of our capital programme.”

He added: “Our ability to fund new libraries, playing pitches and community facilities will be directly affected by the decision to include the Mount Anville site.”

Labour councillor Donna Pierce said the council had a duty to provide housing for people and “not everything was about money”.

The sites on the draft Traveller accommodation plan are at Cloragh in Rathfarnham; Enniskerry Road in Sandyford; Glenamuck Road in Kiltiernan; Lehaunstown near Cherrywood; Pottery Road in Dún Laoghaire; Rathmichael Road near Cherrywood; Stillorgan Grove in Stillorgan; the West Pier at Dún Laoghaire Harbour; and a site at UCD.

Director of housing
Director of housing for Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Tom McHugh said the developments would be funded by the Department of Environment.

Mr McHugh said the plan had changed slightly to include more group housing in place of halting sites. This was done so as it was the preference of the southside Traveller families.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the West Pier, Dun Laoghaire's Riviera for Travellers ... just hop off the boat and you're home from home awaits wuu
and they say theres no money, it must be time to up the parking / planning / services fees again in order to pay for the above :roll:
Toss
Skies are Blue

Postby Rocker » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:07 pm

A story of politeness and efficency.

Yesterday I noticed some shores on Station Road, Killiney were blocked and the rain water was building up. Rang the Environment office at the Council where I was greeted by a cheery girl (didn't get her name). She took the details and said she would send a team to clear the shore. When I thanked her she said "that is what we are here for".

True to her word...this afternoon the three blocked shores had been cleared, the road swept and water running freely...Great job all round.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Micheál » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:26 am

Id have preferred if Louth had simply taken over Dun Laoghaire. One less crazy Irish council.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/new-manager-for-dun-laoghaire-rathdown-county-council-1.1690012?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby Toss » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:02 pm

"Independent councillor Victor Boyhan wished Ms Poole “every success” as manager"

Says it all really .... seen as her appointment has not been confirmed. Six months in her last job and she's out the door, I suppose it was her love of Dun Laoghaire that made her mind up and absolutely nothing to do with a big fat salary and pension in a cushy office surrounded by kiss ass councillors and lackeys aawhip
Toss
Skies are Blue

Postby Rocker » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Toss wrote:"Independent councillor Victor Boyhan wished Ms Poole “every success” as manager"

Says it all really .... seen as her appointment has not been confirmed. Six months in her last job and she's out the door, I suppose it was her love of Dun Laoghaire that made her mind up and absolutely nothing to do with a big fat salary and pension in a cushy office surrounded by kiss ass councillors and lackeys aawhip

But, one good thing she has going for her....she is a woman.
I love that"kiss ass councillors and lackeys"that says it for me...maybe someone with backbone will get a place on the Council...backbone is in short supply throughout Ireland but...I know befor i die that a fearless leader will emerge. :twisted:
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Dancer » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:46 pm

Ha ha haaaaaaaa!! I think Grammer and Toss and maybe one or two more of the lads on here meet up secretly once a month and
put on women's undies and skirts and cardi's and pass around a clay pipe ..........Looooooool The minging whinger club :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D :D :D
xx Dancer xx

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer
Deliciously,delectable, delightful Dancer

Postby keeper » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:52 pm

Rocker ! Maybe Anglegrinder Merkel might apply when Herr Enda gets the Golden Fleece and is called to Brussels to lead Europa and going forward to rule the Universe, would love to see Anglegrinder debating in the Dáil aawhip don't think the Ming and he of the pink shirt would last too long aawhip aawhip She couldn't refuse, better wages, better pension and expenses :roll: and you would get your wish thumbright
keeper
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby grammer » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:12 pm

Dancer wrote:Ha ha haaaaaaaa!! I think Grammer and Toss and maybe one or two more of the lads on here meet up secretly once a month and
put on women's undies and skirts and cardi's and pass around a clay pipe ..........Looooooool The minging whinger club :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D :D :D

May as well have a good moan :mrgreen:
cos in the world we live in now -we will soon be going around with zips on our mouths
If you said that on RTE I could get some compo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
for me holidays :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Rocker » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:36 pm

Don't worry Grammer...it is only the cowards who hide behind the zips...they cannot voice opinions because...well you know not PC and we might be sued...blx....they are cowards. No zips for my mouth. My grannie's generation died that I could have free speech in a free country and I exercise the right every day.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Denis Cromie » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:45 pm

Not sure if Peggy was into housework but she could sing
Always gave me......http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... yrics&sm=1
Denis Cromie
Ex-Chief Chocolate Enrober

Postby Rocker » Fri May 02, 2014 2:22 pm

Having a little look at the Council website and found this Heritage plan...lots of interesting things in there

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/heritage/2634_DLR ... 20Book.pdf

I like the idea of place names survey.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Denis Cromie » Mon May 05, 2014 9:19 am

Fair play to Dlrcoco good to see good things being promoted. :D
Denis Cromie
Ex-Chief Chocolate Enrober

Postby grammer » Sat May 10, 2014 12:14 am

At last months meeting of OUR elected councilors a motion was put forward by Melissa Halpin and Hugh Lewis
their motion was pushed to be discussed to the end or near the end of the Council meeting
it seems before their motion came up for discussion both had left the meeting and joined their group of protesters on the steps of the county hall
Big question-which I will ask councilor Lewis the next time I meet him is-
why bring up something important and then leave before the motion is discussed???

http://www.dlrcoco.public-i.tv/core/por ... ive/134251

Also is it true that some councilors are creaming up to a hundred grand a year??????
If so who and why?????
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Sinead » Sat May 10, 2014 4:25 pm

Grammer:

All Councillors are getting a good wage out of exes. I think it was on
Tuesday in either the Irish Times of Indo that the full list of claims for
the past 2 years was given.

Sinéad
Sinead
Skies are Blue

Postby Toss » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:51 pm

I decided to get the ol' hair cut on the way home today in Cabinteely. Parked up at 4.45pm and got my 1 hour parking ticket from the machine. Off I went and arrived back at 5.30 to find a €40 parking fine ticket on my windscreen :evil: :evil: It appears that I closed the car door and it blew the ticket over on the windscreen, it was still visible and in pristine condition but facing down :( I drove around to find the scroat that did it but he had sneaked off at pace.

No details of appeal on the ticket, but the DLRCC website says I can appeal to the independent company patrolling parking on their behalf ..... has anyone ever appealed ? is it even worth my while or should I just pay up and help fund the expenses kitty of the fatherless toe rags that run the council violent1

Dearest hair cut ever and I wouldnt mind if the barber had to work that hard ;)
Toss
Skies are Blue

Postby Rocker » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:08 pm

Appeal...with the last breath in your body.

A few years ago I parked in Glathule on a Saturday morning...going to a christening. There was no visible sign on the wall where I parked...down near the cowshed...and when i looked over the other side i could make out a small sign and read Mon-Fri. It was pouring with rain and I rushed to the church. When I returned there was a parking ticket. The small sign i saw on the other wall was a loading bay Mon-Fri the rest of the car park was paid parking on a Saturday.

I brought down HID and his camera and we took photos where I parked and what I could see etc and signs on the roadway...after a few weeks they agreed signage was bad and waieved the charge. that was APOCA ??something like that....but i can tell you if I had paid i would personally lie on the floor of the Council's office and not move till they had torn up the parking fine.

Wind...is what we get in Ireland ...if they dont make sticky parking tickets or hard cardboard ones or ones that go over your window like in other ountries...tough not your fault...write to the Ombudsman, the appeals court anyone but, kick up the greatest stink.

Tip...best barber is in Newtown Park only €12....HID is the best customer...down opposite the old scouts hall, behind the Wishing Well.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Micheál » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:21 pm

Ive solved my DL parking woes.
Ive downloaded the ParkingTag App, registered and now, no more coins.
Works really well. I get a 5 minute alert of expiry and if I'm still in the barbers chair i can simply extend the ticket.

M.
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby Strum » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:33 pm

Micheál wrote: if I'm still in the barbers chair i can simply extend the ticket.

Pity not the Hair though. :D
Strum
Administrator

Postby grammer » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:49 pm

Strum wrote:
Micheál wrote: if I'm still in the barbers chair i can simply extend the ticket.

evillaugh evillaugh evillaugh evillaugh evillaugh
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Toss » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:54 pm

Rocker wrote:Appeal...with the last breath in your body.
Tip...best barber is in Newtown Park only €12....HID is the best customer...down opposite the old scouts hall, behind the Wishing Well.

Jeez Rocker Im only just out of world war 3 with the insurance scam industry ... I will appeal but the fight is not there. €12 for a haircut is a lot for my cavan blood to take ... €8 in Sams barbers excluding DLRCC contributions today.

Micheál wrote:Ive solved my DL parking woes.
Ive downloaded the ParkingTag App, registered and now, no more coins.
Works really well. I get a 5 minute alert of expiry and if I'm still in the barbers chair i can simply extend the ticket.M.

I have the m50 tag and it works well, so its probably the best way forward .... does it cost you any fees outside the parking cost?

Strum wrote:

tell that to Wayne Rooney and his ex-baldy mates :lol:
Toss
Skies are Blue

PreviousNext

Return to NEWS AND UPCOMING EVENTS