DLRCoCo

Activities, Festivals, Exhibitions etc...

Re: DLRCoCo

Postby Rocker » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:10 pm

Fernhill Park and Gardens

Dún Laoghaire County Council bought the house and gardens at Fernhill on the Enniskerry Road, Sandyford. They are going to be opened to the public. The Council is looking for submissions about the plans before 31 January 2017

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/en/parks-outdoors ... nd-gardens
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Rocker » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:20 pm

I often wonder just how many units are being constructed by the Council.

This is the latest from their website,

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/en/housing/housin ... -programme
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Toss » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:21 pm

Rocker wrote:Fernhill Park and Gardens

Dún Laoghaire County Council bought the house and gardens at Fernhill on the Enniskerry Road, Sandyford. They are going to be opened to the public. The Council is looking for submissions about the plans before 31 January 2017

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/en/parks-outdoors ... nd-gardens

It must be great to be able to spend €5million on an old house and gardens knowing full well that you will probably need the same again to bring it up to current visitor centre standards and thats before you staff it. I wonder what the staff at Airfield Estate people think about this development as no doubt the opening of Fernhill funded by the DLRCC will hit their business. Personally I think they could find much better use for the money, like renovating the houses opposite Stillorgan Library and easing the housing waiting list.
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss
Skies are Blue

Postby grammer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:09 am

The new Cherrywood--coming soon
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Rocker » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:10 pm

I'm apprehensive and excited about the building of Cherrywood. I only hope they do it right and that the young people of the area will at last be able to get a place near their family instead of moving to Wexford or Arklow and spending their day on the road with small children commuting to creches and jobs in Dun Laoghaire.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Rocker » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:16 pm

I've just heard that the energetic Heritage Office of the Council Tim Carey is moving on. During his time with the Council he spearheaded so many exciting projects, gave interesting lectures, wrote books, highlighted the heritage of the Borough,assisted all heritage programmes. He will be sadly missed. Wishing him every good luck in his future projects.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Micheál » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:53 pm

grammer wrote:The new Cherrywood--coming soon

So this is current???
I thought it was some old brochure posted here for its nostalgia value.

M.
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby grammer » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:24 pm

Hi Michael yes this is current-
open day was Friday 10thFeb/11th and I think tomorrow Sunday the 12th. Feb.

screenshot
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Toss » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:19 pm

Speaking of housing developments, Ballyogan Road is about to get very busy .....

https://fora.ie/michael-cotter-park-developments-dublin-2990356-Sep2016/

http://www.parkdevelopments.ie/property/clay-farm--kilgobbin-road--dublin-18

Work started just over a week ago and the foundations are down with brickwork already on view ...... how ? its nothing short of a miracle when you compare it to what our Councils are doing for the homeless. :roll:
Toss
Skies are Blue

Postby Strum » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:51 pm

If you haven't seen it.

'Something for everybody' as construction begins on Ireland's newest town.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/so ... 37532.html
Strum
Administrator

Postby Toss » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:46 pm

So people are putting waste in the wrong bins ...... and no one at the recycling depots noticed it :o they shipped out containers wrongly filled and ITS ALL THE PEOPLES FAULT !!!

WHY ?

We had a council bin collection service for years, but the experts decided to outsource it and allow the private sector in for a money grab. Panda & the rest have filled their boots and no questions are being asked as to why the much hyped recycling plants have failed to perform their duties .... no questions, no one sacked and as usual, the only solution offered involves spending more money on putting cameras in waste removal lorries !! guess WHO is going to end up paying for this ??? ....yes YOU :lol:

Its a classic 'new' educated Ireland solution, throw more money at the problem as these cameras will not fit and maintain themselves, so its going to be an annual cost :roll:
Is there anyone with an ounce of sense out there ? why cant the root cause of the waste problem be tackled ...... stop companies overpackaging items and using layers and layers of wrapping ... we all know the next waste blitz bonanza for the bins is coming to you soon :

How hard would it be to offer people waste credits if they were to bring X kg of recyclable waste to their nearest depot .... rewarding good behaviour and creating a situation where waste material becomes valuable....... oh but
'Computer says NO'
BangHead BangHead
Toss
Skies are Blue

Postby jabra » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:08 pm

Not to mention the 64 euro service charge Panda are getting each year from every customer. Why a service charge we already pay
for weight and for each lift of course the government gave their blessing to that
Jabra
jabra
Advanced Member

Postby Strum » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:57 pm

There's a guy around here who sells ten big rubbish sacks for 40 euros. You can put whatever you like into them and anytime you want to get rid of any he takes them away. Yep all for 40 quid. And why not, he's only doing what the bin collection companies are doing.
What he does with it all I have no idea? The dump? He used to work for the CoCo so he must have a suss on how to get rid of it.
Strum
Administrator

Postby Toss » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:57 pm

Strum wrote:There's a guy around here who sells ten big rubbish sacks for 40 euros. You can put whatever you like into them and anytime you want to get rid of any he takes them away. Yep all for 40 quid. And why not, he's only doing what the bin collection companies are doing.
What he does with it all I have no idea? The dump? He used to work for the CoCo so he must have a suss on how to get rid of it.

Probably sneaking around at night slipping them into other peoples bins :lol: :lol:
Toss
Skies are Blue

Postby Strum » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:50 am

Toss wrote: Probably sneaking around at night slipping them into other peoples bins :lol: :lol:

I doubt it but I shall investigate further.
Strum
Administrator

Postby Toss » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:33 am

Strum wrote:
Toss wrote: Probably sneaking around at night slipping them into other peoples bins :lol: :lol:

I doubt it but I shall investigate further.

I was only joking :lol:
Toss
Skies are Blue

Postby Strum » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:11 pm

Toss wrote: I was only joking :lol:

I'm curious where it DOES go to though because if he can do it, I'm assuming anybody can.
Strum
Administrator

Postby Rocker » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:25 am

What is really bugging me is where the Council is getting money for all these "cycle lanes". I am browned off sitting in traffic lanes on Wyattville Road and Loughlinstown with those roadworks down from cherrywood. At one stage they were putting in pipes and cables but now they have out the red spray can and have put a line all along the grassy bank and through the trees growing on the Tesco side of Wyattville Road backing on to Ashlawn. I asked one of the workers what was happening and he said they are making a "cycle lane". They are also narrowing the existing lanes so it is very difficult for wider trucks to come down from Cherrywood.Lord spare us from cyclists!!I never see any cyclists going down the lanes from St Matthius Church to the Graduate....white elephants!!!and hundreds of thousands of Euros teeing off the motorists....well I for one am not getting a bike. I can hardly walk!!!rant! rant!!...sweating in traffic jams...rocker.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby keeper » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:42 pm

Totally agree Rocker and a lot of them have "attitude BangHead and they're the ones breaking traffic laws all the time :roll:
keeper
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Strum » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:13 pm

Crazy that some Cycle lanes are not continuous, some of them just end, then you're back on the road looking for the next Cycle lane. Maybe they're fixing all that. Progress. :roll:
Strum
Administrator

Postby Rocker » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:52 pm

Strum wrote:Crazy that some Cycle lanes are not continuous, some of them just end, then you're back on the road looking for the next Cycle lane. Maybe they're fixing all that. Progress. :roll:

You must be a cyclist so!! hellllo hellllo
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Micheál » Wed May 09, 2018 6:45 pm

So the Council is going to erect a statue to long-term Dún Laoghaire resident for his role in the rising, whilst seemingly ignoring his wider "contribution" to society?

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/en/news/general-news-press-releases/dlr-commissions-casement-sculpture-d%C3%BAn-laoghaire-baths

Maybe they'll organise a public reading of his Diaries at the unveiling?
What next?
CRC to erect statue for Jimmy Saville?
A plaque for Paul "Stamps" Singer?

M.
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby Toss » Wed May 09, 2018 9:33 pm

Ah now Michael .... think of An Cathaoirleach Tom Murphy and his stone emporium, its not as if the man makes any money out of DLRCC:
http://murphystone.com/portfolio-items/project-dunlaoghaire-library/?portfolioCats=22%2C23%2C24%2C25%2C26%2C27
Bound to need a nice plinth for Rodger the dodger ;)

:P
Toss
Skies are Blue

Postby Rocker » Thu May 10, 2018 9:58 am

Oh, stop Toss!! I never knew who he was. Actually I never look into the background, business interests, or family connections of any of the elected representatives. There are probably lists of business interests for all the councellors but, I have never bothered to check. Maybe this company has the best stone products who knows? I'm sure the Council has someone who carries out"due diligence " on every matter.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Toss » Fri May 11, 2018 1:12 pm

Rocker wrote:I'm sure the Council has someone who carries out"due diligence " on every matter.

They have and more than one at that ...... so I have no doubt it is all above board, but I am of the opinion that people in public office and their immediate family should not be associated with or involved in any tender for public works.

Then again this is Ireland and credit union bosses can win their own raffle :roll:
Toss
Skies are Blue

PreviousNext

Return to NEWS AND UPCOMING EVENTS