Bloomsday.

Activities, Festivals, Exhibitions etc...

Re: Bloomsday.

Postby Rocker » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:10 pm

JW,

That openculture site is marvellous thanks for that link.

I think the Bloomsday celebrations are good and maybe a little over the top but, all credit to Peter Caviston he does try.For a number of years it was a very elitist celebration and only friends and friends of friends were invited but, you are right it is a very real asset and we should get our act together to market it correctly.

We were in a little town in Austria a few years back and there were some people from Trieste there and they invited us to travel the next year as their guest to Trieste for a big festival which they holding in Joyce's honour...unfortunately we couldn't make it. They knew more about him and his writings than we did!!!!

I worked with a larger than life figure over the years and he used to have a "snot green sea " party in Sandymount...a character and a half.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Re: Bloomsday.

Postby Rocker » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:33 am

The sun shone in Glasthule for the Bloomsday celebrations. Lots of wannabee politicians to be seen!! I really don't think that these celebrations should be hogged by photo opportunists!! However the Joyce Tower was crowded and James Joyce celebrated in style.

Belated Happy Bloomsday
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Previous

Return to NEWS AND UPCOMING EVENTS