Sealink-Holyhead.com

The Port's Ferries Past and Present

Sealink-Holyhead.com

Postby Strum » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:34 pm

cambria49 wrote:Hi folks,

Just letting you know, I've made a fairly large update to my site www.sealink-holyhead.com if you want to check it out.

There is also a small forum there for general Sealink/Dun Laoghaire related stuff. Feel free to sign up.

Cheers Justin...I'll go take a look! :cool:
Strum
Administrator

Postby Opal » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:44 pm

cambria49 wrote:Thanks for that - Salt Island at Holyhead! I remember, not so long ago, when that entire area in the foreground was sea!

You're welcome..... Did Stena not have the Adventurer before the foreground was turned into what it is now??

Let me rephrase that.... did Stena not use the Adventurer from Holyhead before the foreground was changed?
Opal

Postby cambria49 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:51 am

Nope, that reclaimation was carried out for the current Stena Adventurer, although there was space (reclained earlier when the Isle of Inishmore was on the run) for the Ulysses. As you look at your picture, Stena used a berth well over to the right for their Stena Forwarder and before that the Stena Challenger.
cambria49

Postby Opal » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:57 am

cambria49 wrote:Nope, that reclaimation was carried out for the current Stena Adventurer, although there was space (reclained earlier when the Isle of Inishmore was on the run) for the Ulysses. As you look at your picture, Stena used a berth well over to the right for their Stena Forwarder and before that the Stena Challenger.

So Stena changed the face of Holyhead!?? Not that it couldn't do with a facelift!!

Do you have links to pics of the Forwarder and Challenger :mrgreen: I'd like to see them :D

BTW..... do you know where the Holyhead dock could have been originally?? I do :mrgreen:
Opal

Postby cambria49 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:01 am

Yep, down on the Llyn Peninsula!

If you go to my site and look at the Ships page you'll see them under Stena Ships!

Yes, Stena have spent a lot of money on Holyhead, but not all for the best I'm afraid. In my opinion they messed up the Inner harbour by building the road bridge across it, blocking the Station berth for ships.
cambria49

Postby Opal » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:06 am

cambria49 wrote:Yep, down on the Llyn Peninsula!

If you go to my site and look at the Ships page you'll see them under Stena Ships!

Yes, Stena have spent a lot of money on Holyhead, but not all for the best I'm afraid. In my opinion they messed up the Inner harbour by building the road bridge across it, blocking the Station berth for ships.

You don't name names LOL!!!
Opal

Postby cambria49 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:10 am

Porthdinllaen
cambria49

Postby Opal » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:24 am

cambria49 wrote:Porthdinllaen

You sneaky bugger, I told you that name!!! Pronounce it then :rfl:
Opal

Postby cambria49 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:34 am

Porth Den Klein!
cambria49

Postby Opal » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:14 am

cambria49 wrote:Porth Den Klein!

Porth den is right, but "Klein"!! Nah!!! :rfl:
Opal

Postby cambria49 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:15 am

Nos da katie!
cambria49

Postby Opal » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:28 am

cambria49 wrote:Nos da katie!

Nos Da :mrgreen:
Opal

Postby cambria49 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:25 pm

Have just updated my site with new mailboat material and also shots of the former Stena Cambria taken last month in Spain.
cambria49

Postby Snowhite » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:49 pm

Justin if you do look in here from time to time....Well done to you for your Book, :clap: :clap: It is available in the Book Shop on the corner of Sussex St, D/L for anyone that is interested, it cost 7e.... :D

http://www.dlharbour.ie/content/resourc ... sh_sea.php
Life isn't tied with a Bow, But it's still a Gift.
Snowhite
At the end of the Pier... Peace...

Postby Strum » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:55 pm

Congrats Justin. Well done. Hope it sells well for you! :cool:
Strum
Administrator

Postby enviro500 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:31 pm

Cambria 49.... Whoaaa great to hear you. I sent congrats to your 'Guvnor' after being elevated into the Tasmanian Police.. watch your speed.. I look in on Sealink-Holyead .com regular..

Keep in touch old friend and guess what, its 30 years since your D Van Hols wen on the road, the last batch that is... Should be a party in 2008. TEC Transport website alas gone as well... check out all new Barry Miller site Dublinbuses.com new series Relling in the years currently 1989 and next month 1990 loads of Dublin piccies

As I say to this lot, "Avast ye swabs, be this the Admiral Benbow, Jim lad?"

A cheered enviro500
enviro500

Postby spudseamus » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:25 am

well done Canbria 49-- and it is really good to hear from ya -- :D
spudseamus
"Its good to be the King!"

Postby St Columba » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:24 am

new updates to my web site today: www.sealink-holyhead.com
:D
St Columba

Postby St Columba » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:45 pm

I've updated the Sealink-Holyhead.com web site with news of a former Sealink Dun Laoghaire favourite: www.sealink-holyhead.com .

Looks as if I might snatch 48 hours in D/L first week of september, during a visit to Dubai and France.
St Columba

Postby grammer » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:12 pm

browzing thru' your site again S.C super :clap: :clap:

theres a lifetimes reading in there--wow
grammer

Postby St Columba » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:54 pm

Thanks for that mate - always looking for feedback - both good and not so good!!! I'm never really fully happy with it and keep looking for ways I might be able to enhance it.
St Columba

Postby St Columba » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:46 am

St Columba wrote: Looks as if I might snatch 48 hours in D/L first week of September, during a visit to Dubai and France.

Hmmm, the resounding response to this tells me not to try meeting with any of you!

:down:
St Columba

Postby spudseamus » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:06 am

well i missed that bit -- maybe others did too ? I find that if i click a post and i end it without goin back in the browser i loose all the posts for the day -- very anoying when it happens lol -- now that you've highlighted it maybe there will be replies today !! :D :D half your luck goin back even for 48hrs lol
spudseamus

Postby grammer » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:48 am

S.C.wrote
Hmmm, the resounding response to this tells me not to try meeting with any of you!

very suprised that you think your posting has been ignored --If you check back any lenght of time -you'll find that -and here I''ll only speak for myself -most posts regarding possiblemeets are left until nearer the date --after all those of us with family commitments etc. dont want to make dates :D we may not be able to keep-thru' no fault of our own

Im sure nearer the time-"sometime in Sept." you will recieve a flurry of pms regarding meets
cheers -enjoy your trips
grammer

Postby St Columba » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:33 am

Actually Grammer, if you check back to my message, I did not say "Sometime in September", but "first week of September". This begins in three weeks and an expression of interest now might have helped me plan the week accordingly - maybe even add an extra day. Possible meets from the other side of the world take a little planning, not possible on the week before.
St Columba

Next

Return to THE FERRY