RMS Leinster

The Port's Ferries Past and Present

Re: RMS Leinster

Postby Jemser » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:29 am

Remember it, I think there are a few members still have the scars to prove it. scry scry scry aawhip
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best 1946-2005
Jemser
Quizmaster Supreme

Re: RMS Leinster

Postby Sinead » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:32 pm

I was lucky to be invited to some events last week to mark the sinking of the RMS Leinster. The concert in Christ Church was very enjoyable, met lots of interesting people at the reception beforehand. On Wednesday I attended the Ecumenical Service in St. Michaels and then processed to the Lexicon grounds. The Government certainly did this moving memorial very well. Next I was off to lunch in The National! The Lexicon grounds were in shade and it did get pretty cold there.
What a shame the school children of the Boro were not involved! There were children from The Harold and they watched some of the event from the grounds of the Royal Marine Hotel. When I questioned the absence of young people the response was 'Health & Safety' gone wrong.
Well done to all those who organised the many events to mark this say day in our history.

Micheál - the Jazz evening listed on the brochure was the normal weekly event held in The Eblana.

Sinéad
Sinead
Somewhere over the rainbow

Previous

Return to THE FERRY