ST Brigids Day

Easter, Chringemas, Birthdays, Anniversaries...

Re: ST Brigids Day

Postby Strum » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:41 am

Snowhite wrote:They got me so :roll: thought it was true :oops:


Check out the story they posted last year about the North Koreans landing a bloke on the Sun. I fell around laughing at that one. :lol:
User avatar
Strum
Administrator
 
Posts: 9753
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:03 pm
Location: Sallysupermarket, Thomastown.

Re: ST Brigids Day

Postby grammer » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:43 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
that's where me and Strum get all our info from :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know it's pxxxtake -not too sure about Strum tho' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
User avatar
grammer
The Spoon
 
Posts: 5330
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:30 am
Location: 7th rock from the sun

Re: ST Brigids Day

Postby Strum » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:46 am

grammer wrote:I know it's pxxxtake -not too sure about Strum tho'


Whattt? They didn't send a bloke to the Sun?
User avatar
Strum
Administrator
 
Posts: 9753
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:03 pm
Location: Sallysupermarket, Thomastown.

Re: ST Brigids Day

Postby grammer » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:54 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
User avatar
grammer
The Spoon
 
Posts: 5330
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:30 am
Location: 7th rock from the sun

Re: ST Brigids Day

Postby bugrock » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:59 am

I see visions every Saturday night. even see some saints, and cats an' rats an' elephants --------------- ;) ;) ;) ;) Why ain't I canonised? BangHead
If it don't make your ears bleed, it ain't rock 'n' roll!
User avatar
bugrock
In the Bold Member Corner
 
Posts: 1711
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:28 am
Location: Mornington Peninsula Australia

Re: ST Brigids Day

Postby Holla » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:25 am

St Nicholas is the patron saint of pawn brokers and prostitutes and sailors.... anyone beat that, :D
User avatar
Holla
Somewhere over the rainbow
 
Posts: 1337
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: The borough

Re: ST Brigids Day

Postby bugrock » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:50 am

Bought a second hand boat, took a big fat girl who worked for me out in it, she jumped up and down in it and flooded the inside and electrics, thereby thoughly F***n' it. Where was St Nicholas then? I ask!
If it don't make your ears bleed, it ain't rock 'n' roll!
User avatar
bugrock
In the Bold Member Corner
 
Posts: 1711
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:28 am
Location: Mornington Peninsula Australia

Re: ST Brigids Day

Postby grammer » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:24 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I tell you there are a few of you here if your mammies were still around, would be getting a thick ear.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
User avatar
grammer
The Spoon
 
Posts: 5330
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:30 am
Location: 7th rock from the sun

Re: ST Brigids Day

Postby Rocker » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:30 pm

bugrock wrote:I see visions every Saturday night. even see some saints, and cats an' rats an' elephants --------------- ;) ;) ;) ;) Why ain't I canonised? BangHead


St. Bugrock....it has a certain ring to it ... :lol: :lol: and the Christian Brothers thought you'd come to nothing.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
User avatar
Rocker
Globetrotter
 
Posts: 6424
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: The Rock

Re: ST Brigids Day

Postby Jemser » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:10 pm

What about St Fiacre Patron Saint of Sexually Transmitted Disease or even St Isidore of Seville Patron Saint of the Internet. I kid you not. :shock:
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best 1946-2005
User avatar
Jemser
Quizmaster Supreme
 
Posts: 1230
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:12 pm
Location: On top of the Hill

Re: ST Brigids Day

Postby Holla » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:19 pm

Holla wrote:St Nicholas is the patron saint of pawn brokers and prostitutes and sailors.... anyone beat that, :D
Jemser wrote:What about St Fiacre Patron Saint of Sexually Transmitted Disease or even St Isidore of Seville Patron Saint of the Internet. I kid you not. :shock:


Think you win that one jemser,even the saints had to move with the times.
User avatar
Holla
Somewhere over the rainbow
 
Posts: 1337
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: The borough

Re: ST Brigids Day

Postby Toss » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:24 pm

How about the Patron Saint of Gold Diggers .......

http://www.newsmediaimages.com/celebrity-article-50575-daniella-semaan-gold-digger-cesc-fabracas-hight-court-elie-taktouk-divorce-battle/

Have a look at video of the guy wrecking his car lower on that page :lol: :lol:
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
User avatar
Toss
Skies are Blue
 
Posts: 2046
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: A figment of your imagination

Re: ST Brigids Day

Postby grammer » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:02 pm

Would have thought that St. Fiacla was the patron saint of Irish tooth paste :lol: :lol: :lol:
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
User avatar
grammer
The Spoon
 
Posts: 5330
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:30 am
Location: 7th rock from the sun

Re: ST Brigids Day

Postby Micheál » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:12 pm

On a more serious note, I see Archbishop Oscar Romero is next up for elevation to sainthood. This seems to be in keeping with the current Popes enhanced grasp of reality. It's a funny thing but I wouldn't be the great RC cheer-leader but one of the most reassuring "readings" I have come across is this - from the same Oscar Romero -

"It helps, now and then, to step back and take a long view.

The Kingdom is not only beyond our efforts, it is even beyond our vision. We accomplish in our lifetime only a tiny fraction of the magnificent enterprise that is God's work. Nothing we do is complete, which is a way of saying that the Kingdom always lies beyond us. No statement says all that could be said. No prayer fully expresses our faith. No confession brings perfection. No pastoral visit brings wholeness. No program accomplishes the Church's mission. No set of goals and objectives includes everything.

This is what we are about. We plant the seeds that one day will grow. We water seeds already planted, knowing that they hold future promise. We lay foundations that will need further development. We provide yeast that produces far beyond our capabilities.

We cannot do everything, and there is a sense of liberation in realisms that. This enables us to do something, and to do it very well. It may be incomplete, but it is a beginning, a step along the way, an opportunity for the Lord's grace to enter and do the rest.

We may never see the end results, but that is the difference between the master builder and the worker. We are workers, not master builders; ministers not messiahs. We are prophets of a future not our own."
.
User avatar
Micheál
Skies are Blue
 
Posts: 2501
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:13 am
Location: Within the sound of the Hooter

Re: ST Brigids Day

Postby Strum » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:25 pm

:roll:
User avatar
Strum
Administrator
 
Posts: 9753
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:03 pm
Location: Sallysupermarket, Thomastown.

Re: ST Brigids Day

Postby slipper » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:21 pm

Micheál wrote:On a more serious note, I see Archbishop Oscar Romero is next up for elevation to sainthood. This seems to be in keeping with the current Popes enhanced grasp of reality. It's a funny thing but I wouldn't be the great RC cheer-leader but one of the most reassuring "readings" I have come across is this - from the same Oscar Romero -

"It helps, now and then, to step back and take a long view.

The Kingdom is not only beyond our efforts, it is even beyond our vision. We accomplish in our lifetime only a tiny fraction of the magnificent enterprise that is God's work. Nothing we do is complete, which is a way of saying that the Kingdom always lies beyond us. No statement says all that could be said. No prayer fully expresses our faith. No confession brings perfection. No pastoral visit brings wholeness. No program accomplishes the Church's mission. No set of goals and objectives includes everything.

This is what we are about. We plant the seeds that one day will grow. We water seeds already planted, knowing that they hold future promise. We lay foundations that will need further development. We provide yeast that produces far beyond our capabilities.

We cannot do everything, and there is a sense of liberation in realisms that. This enables us to do something, and to do it very well. It may be incomplete, but it is a beginning, a step along the way, an opportunity for the Lord's grace to enter and do the rest.

We may never see the end results, but that is the difference between the master builder and the worker. We are workers, not master builders; ministers not messiahs. We are prophets of a future not our own."
.
That's what I call faith. Wish I had that !!!
User avatar
slipper
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:52 pm

Re: ST Brigids Day

Postby skins » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:03 pm

Yiz're gone all "Maria Divine Mercy" on me!
Skins
User avatar
skins
Executive Member
 
Posts: 947
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:29 pm
Location: Arklow

Re: ST Brigids Day

Postby Rocker » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:56 pm

skins wrote:Yiz're gone all "Maria Divine Mercy" on me!


Love it Skins....The world is not half settled. But, I loved that interview with Stephen Fry.!
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
User avatar
Rocker
Globetrotter
 
Posts: 6424
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: The Rock

Re: ST Brigids Day

Postby skins » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 pm

Yeah, Rocker, it seems we can guarantee at least one "visionary", who "sometimes accepts donations", to come crawling out of the woodwork every year. Quickly followed by an avalanche of twits ringing in to Joe Duffy espousing the veracity of the claims being made. As a former workmate used to say; "Ah sure, we're a harmless race o' people".
Skins
User avatar
skins
Executive Member
 
Posts: 947
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:29 pm
Location: Arklow

Re: ST Brigids Day

Postby Sinead » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:20 pm

Right now I am somewhat confined to the house and have heard Joe Duffy
for the past 2 days - he is great at hinting but never stating. On this
MDM saga it seems that the woman at the centre is somehow related to
the woman who co-wrote the book by Mr. Coleman, whom he claims he
never met. The Mail on Sunday had a 2 page spread about it.

Sinéad
User avatar
Sinead
Somewhere over the rainbow
 
Posts: 1975
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: Co.Dublin

Previous

Return to HOLIDAYS AND FESTIVITIES



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron