ST Brigids Day

Easter, Chringemas, Birthdays, Anniversaries...

Re: ST Brigids Day

Postby Strum » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:41 am

Snowhite wrote:They got me so :roll: thought it was true :oops:

Check out the story they posted last year about the North Koreans landing a bloke on the Sun. I fell around laughing at that one. :lol:
Strum
Administrator

Postby grammer » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:43 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
that's where me and Strum get all our info from :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know it's pxxxtake -not too sure about Strum tho' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Strum » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:46 am

grammer wrote:I know it's pxxxtake -not too sure about Strum tho'

Whattt? They didn't send a bloke to the Sun?
Strum
Administrator

Postby grammer » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:54 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby bugrock » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:59 am

I see visions every Saturday night. even see some saints, and cats an' rats an' elephants --------------- ;) ;) ;) ;) Why ain't I canonised? BangHead
If it don't make your ears bleed, it ain't rock 'n' roll!
bugrock
In the Bold Member Corner

Postby Holla » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:25 am

St Nicholas is the patron saint of pawn brokers and prostitutes and sailors.... anyone beat that, :D
Holla
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby bugrock » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:50 am

Bought a second hand boat, took a big fat girl who worked for me out in it, she jumped up and down in it and flooded the inside and electrics, thereby thoughly F***n' it. Where was St Nicholas then? I ask!
If it don't make your ears bleed, it ain't rock 'n' roll!
bugrock
In the Bold Member Corner

Postby grammer » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:24 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I tell you there are a few of you here if your mammies were still around, would be getting a thick ear.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Rocker » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:30 pm

bugrock wrote:I see visions every Saturday night. even see some saints, and cats an' rats an' elephants --------------- ;) ;) ;) ;) Why ain't I canonised? BangHead

St. Bugrock....it has a certain ring to it ... :lol: :lol: and the Christian Brothers thought you'd come to nothing.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Jemser » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:10 pm

What about St Fiacre Patron Saint of Sexually Transmitted Disease or even St Isidore of Seville Patron Saint of the Internet. I kid you not. :shock:
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best 1946-2005
Jemser
Quizmaster Supreme

Postby Holla » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:19 pm

Holla wrote:St Nicholas is the patron saint of pawn brokers and prostitutes and sailors.... anyone beat that, :D
Jemser wrote:What about St Fiacre Patron Saint of Sexually Transmitted Disease or even St Isidore of Seville Patron Saint of the Internet. I kid you not. :shock:

Think you win that one jemser,even the saints had to move with the times.
Holla

Postby Toss » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:24 pm

How about the Patron Saint of Gold Diggers .......

http://www.newsmediaimages.com/celebrity-article-50575-daniella-semaan-gold-digger-cesc-fabracas-hight-court-elie-taktouk-divorce-battle/

Have a look at video of the guy wrecking his car lower on that page :lol: :lol:
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss
Skies are Blue

Postby grammer » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:02 pm

Would have thought that St. Fiacla was the patron saint of Irish tooth paste :lol: :lol: :lol:
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Micheál » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:12 pm

On a more serious note, I see Archbishop Oscar Romero is next up for elevation to sainthood. This seems to be in keeping with the current Popes enhanced grasp of reality. It's a funny thing but I wouldn't be the great RC cheer-leader but one of the most reassuring "readings" I have come across is this - from the same Oscar Romero -

"It helps, now and then, to step back and take a long view.

The Kingdom is not only beyond our efforts, it is even beyond our vision. We accomplish in our lifetime only a tiny fraction of the magnificent enterprise that is God's work. Nothing we do is complete, which is a way of saying that the Kingdom always lies beyond us. No statement says all that could be said. No prayer fully expresses our faith. No confession brings perfection. No pastoral visit brings wholeness. No program accomplishes the Church's mission. No set of goals and objectives includes everything.

This is what we are about. We plant the seeds that one day will grow. We water seeds already planted, knowing that they hold future promise. We lay foundations that will need further development. We provide yeast that produces far beyond our capabilities.

We cannot do everything, and there is a sense of liberation in realisms that. This enables us to do something, and to do it very well. It may be incomplete, but it is a beginning, a step along the way, an opportunity for the Lord's grace to enter and do the rest.

We may never see the end results, but that is the difference between the master builder and the worker. We are workers, not master builders; ministers not messiahs. We are prophets of a future not our own."
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby Strum » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:25 pm

:roll:
Strum
Administrator

Postby slipper » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:21 pm

Micheál wrote:On a more serious note, I see Archbishop Oscar Romero is next up for elevation to sainthood. This seems to be in keeping with the current Popes enhanced grasp of reality. It's a funny thing but I wouldn't be the great RC cheer-leader but one of the most reassuring "readings" I have come across is this - from the same Oscar Romero -

"It helps, now and then, to step back and take a long view.

The Kingdom is not only beyond our efforts, it is even beyond our vision. We accomplish in our lifetime only a tiny fraction of the magnificent enterprise that is God's work. Nothing we do is complete, which is a way of saying that the Kingdom always lies beyond us. No statement says all that could be said. No prayer fully expresses our faith. No confession brings perfection. No pastoral visit brings wholeness. No program accomplishes the Church's mission. No set of goals and objectives includes everything.

This is what we are about. We plant the seeds that one day will grow. We water seeds already planted, knowing that they hold future promise. We lay foundations that will need further development. We provide yeast that produces far beyond our capabilities.

We cannot do everything, and there is a sense of liberation in realisms that. This enables us to do something, and to do it very well. It may be incomplete, but it is a beginning, a step along the way, an opportunity for the Lord's grace to enter and do the rest.

We may never see the end results, but that is the difference between the master builder and the worker. We are workers, not master builders; ministers not messiahs. We are prophets of a future not our own."
That's what I call faith. Wish I had that !!!
slipper
Advanced Member

Postby skins » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:03 pm

Yiz're gone all "Maria Divine Mercy" on me!
Skins
skins
Executive Member

Postby Rocker » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:56 pm

skins wrote:Yiz're gone all "Maria Divine Mercy" on me!

Love it Skins....The world is not half settled. But, I loved that interview with Stephen Fry.!
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby skins » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 pm

Yeah, Rocker, it seems we can guarantee at least one "visionary", who "sometimes accepts donations", to come crawling out of the woodwork every year. Quickly followed by an avalanche of twits ringing in to Joe Duffy espousing the veracity of the claims being made. As a former workmate used to say; "Ah sure, we're a harmless race o' people".
Skins
skins
Executive Member

Postby Sinead » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:20 pm

Right now I am somewhat confined to the house and have heard Joe Duffy
for the past 2 days - he is great at hinting but never stating. On this
MDM saga it seems that the woman at the centre is somehow related to
the woman who co-wrote the book by Mr. Coleman, whom he claims he
never met. The Mail on Sunday had a 2 page spread about it.

Sinéad
Sinead

Previous

Return to HOLIDAYS AND FESTIVITIES