Moan of the Month

Please feel free to post you gripes here.

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby jordo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:36 pm

OK, so that's two jobs women shouldn't be allowed to do, the Presidency and taxi regulation. Any more.?
jordo

Postby Snowhite » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:49 pm

Ah Jordo I think our President does a grand job. :?
Life isn't tied with a Bow, But it's still a Gift.
Snowhite
At the end of the Pier... Peace...

Postby jordo » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:23 pm

Snowy, I knew you were off farming but I didn't know you had left the Country! Who exactly is your President now :D

All joking aside,

I wont even ask you to try mention one thing she has done FOR the Country. The woman is a PC disaster ever since she set her foot inside the Aras and it ended up in her mouth. She has been high maintenance for this country for the past 13 years; she has been in every country in the World at our expense TWICE, the second time to apologise. Remember her last gaff when at the Gallipoli Commemorations she referred to the Dublin Fusiliers’ as ‘invaders’
Every time she leaves the Park she is accompanied by 42 outriders, eh for security. Good Gawd she must be the most insignificant head of state the World over. Be honest the woman could walk down O’Connell Street in her nip and she wouldn’t be noticed
Obama started off his Presidency with a $15,000000 bash; she is going to end hers with an even more expensive one by inviting Mrs Mountbatten over for a few days and according to some here on OUR behalf. Where is the money going to come from for that? The woman is a turkey living in cloud coo coo land.
I said good riddance to the yoke that was there before her, remember the one that suggested we join the British Commonwealth just before she left and gave us all a smack in the mouth by walking out on the highest position in the land, I will cheer louder when this one goes.
My other half was up in her gaff the other week, I wouldn’t go in case I was expected to be nice to her.

jordo

Postby grammer » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:08 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
jordo you sure have a way with words ---
have to say I could not agree with you more
our present and last Pres. have been the most unIrish Presidents the country has ever had in its short existance -
why do we have to appoint someone from outside the Republic to be our Pres.?????
now I now there are a bunch of wanna be's here who regard themselves fully qualified for the job
have linage all the way back to Brian Boru -
or even the Children of Lír -----
are beef barons
are Joycean scholars
are on the board of the Arts Council
are Anglo Normans
etc etc
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Strum » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:26 am

grammer wrote::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
jordo you sure have a way with words ---
have to say I could not agree with you more
our present and last Pres. have been the most unIrish Presidents the country has ever had in its short existance -
why do we have to appoint someone from outside the Republic to be our Pres.?????
now I now there are a bunch of wanna be's here who regard themselves fully qualified for the job
have linage all the way back to Brian Boru -
or even the Children of Lír -----
are beef barons
are Joycean scholars
are on the board of the Arts Council
are Anglo Normans
etc etc

Great song Grammer. :lol:
Strum
Administrator

Postby johndle » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:59 am

Bertie is coming up fast on the Outside Lane
Followed by Ivor , Fingleton and Sean Haughey,
Me I would give it Joe Duffy or Gay Byrne
Sure they sort the Worlds Problems out Every day

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
johndle
In the Bold Member Corner

Postby Denis Cromie » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:36 am

I say Hail the Marys I think they have done us proud. :D
Denis Cromie
Ex-Chief Chocolate Enrober

Postby *stargazer* » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:25 am

My eldest drove our taxi to the Stephen's Green rank recently. Another driver asked him to go up and check the taxi in front of the rank as the driver didn't have the proper badges. He checked it out and then the two lads waved down a squad car and asked the police to check him out. They drove off without checking. The then waved down a couple of detectives they knew and got told off as the detectives said they had more to do. That driver, who wasn't fom this continent, got the next fare and they were waiting for 20 minutes for their turn. That driver wasn't legal but he got away with it blatently on a city rank ???????????????? They are the ones who are giving all taxi drivers a bad name. Our guys don't get the credit for the good turns they do..i.e. picking up a girl in obvious distress and making sure she got to her home where her Dad was waiting....no fare, just the goodness of their hearts. Would an illegal do that???? Snowy gives good advice, ask for a receipt!!!!! Tell them before u get in, and if they refuse, then don't use the taxi, there are plenty of good, decent taxi drivers around.

50E an hour...we wish...what about last Tues night....out at 7pm, back here at 1.30am...take for the night...40E !!!!! It was a wasted night as he had to come up from Arklow then drive back home....for about 7 Euro an hour.
*stargazer*

Postby Denis Cromie » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:22 pm

You're right Stargazer,they are not all bad. Sure didn't one help in the safe delivery of my grandaughter Eve. :D. It's hard to believe that the police took no action when non licenced drivers were in line to take fares. Sure you wouldn't know what kind of person could be driving you around, could be another Larry Murphy. :evil:
Denis Cromie

Postby *stargazer* » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:45 pm

True....AND are they insured..God forbid if u as a passenger were hurt if the cab-driver had an accident...!!!!
*stargazer*

Postby farmboy » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:24 pm

Like every job, you,ll find good and bad but I have to agree with Starry and Snowy that the majority of taximen are decent skins. When our lass was in her late teens she left her bag in a taxi and we thought that would be the last she,d see of it. Nearly a week passed and there was a knock on the door one evening. It was the taximan apologizing for not being out this way sooner with her bag. Now there wasnt much in it in the way of money but we were mightily impressed with the lad for his honesty and insisted he take a tenner (think there was 18 euro in the bag) and a bottle of wine. In fairness, he didnt want anything but we would have had a row had he not taken our tip.

Another time (pre mobile days) she was stuck down around Dun Laoghaire train station due to a pig ignorant bus driver who wouldnt let her on his bus even though it was supposed to be the last one of the night and she was there in plenty of time. We were in the pub :oops: and thanks to a kind taximan who pulled in noticing her distressed state and brought her home she could have faced a long lonely and maybe dangerous walk .

Theres plenty of good ones out there.
Walter Mitty is NOT a figment of my imagination.
farmboy
Skies are Blue

Postby grammer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:26 am

yeh have to agree with most of the posts there are good and bad guys --
but without trying to sound or be sarcastic -its only a couple of years ago that say for instance the taxi rank on Marine Rd. -looking for a taxi was like finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow ---
A taxi plate were a guarenteed (? :oops: ) comfortable living for the owner who could sit back and do his couple of hours everyday and then rent his plate/car out to someone else to do the night or day shift ---and both parties were doing great business ------ok I know plates were going for 90'000 + plus but you were buying a goodie -did'nt a bookie in D/L buy up as many taxi plates as he could and start a taxi company in the town ---
even Hacknies had to be booked maybe a day in advance --
so sad as it is to those who put their life into their plates --the poor gxxites looking for one in the rain or at xmas was of little importance in the scheme of things

I think the same thing now applies in most areas of the work force -
plenty of carpenters -electricians and yes even plumbers (toby where are you :D )
the way of the world now -everyones got to earn their sheckles the hard way and put in the hours --
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Strum » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:30 am

I hope you don't think I'm dissing all Taxi Drivers folks.

There was a bloke with Dalkey Cabs years ago (and dammit can't remember his name) with a heart of gold.
He spotted me one night outside the Burlington Hotel and said, "get in" and I said I don't have any money,
and he said just get in, and brought me home.
I says hang on, cause I had the few quid stashed upstairs to pay him.
When I came back he was gone.
Just remembered his name writing that, Billy. Thank you man, I'll never forget that.
Strum
Administrator

Postby grammer » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:00 am

artice by Paddy O' Gorman on Kenny's show the other morning about taxis--
http://irishtaxi.org/?p=1960
grammer
The Spoon

Postby *stargazer* » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:31 am

Ta for that, Grammer, would have missed it and it explains a lot of what the guys have to put up with............all they are trying to do is make a decent living. Last week, when Nia had an accident, my lad had to abandon his night's work and go straight home...a night's pay lost. Next night, had a puncture, another fare, hard come by, lost...it goes on and on, with no-one at the end of the week to hand him a regular wage...sometimes, I wonder why he bothers....but he would prefer to struggle on rather than go on the dole...
*stargazer*

Postby Strum » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:12 pm

Gawd, I'm so fukin pi**ed off today with the lack of support, customer service, politicians, banks, cost of kids getting back to school etc etc,
in this fukin stupid backward Country!!! :evil:
I'm "normally" a fairly easy-going individual but that is all changing rapidly...

THE VETS

First of all here's a letter I'll be dropping tomorrow into so-called vet Kevin Glynn in the Ark vet clinic in Patricks St. D/L to give you an idea what I'm talking about..

Does anybody have any other advice for me on this???
I'm just back from ANOTHER friggin visit to the Blue Cross tonight (3 hrs queueing and more money) who gave me MORE frigging treatment for MITES????????
I'm at my bleedin wits end about it all now. FK! I'm going to take to the fekin streets to beg for money to help him if need be.

========================================

SCHOOL:

1200:00 fkn euros to get the Kids into School this year just for uniform and books and they still don't have all their books yet??? FFsakes! :evil:
Now we need to buy their sports equipment on top of this soon...

THE BANKS:

I asked the Bank to cancel a DD a few months ago and they assured me that the only DD I had left was for my broadband.
Fine, I can keep track of that easily only to wake up today to find that the Broadband connection has been cut off due to lack of funds in the account BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T CANCEL THE DIRECT DEBIT I ASKED THEM TO Months ago and because of that I incurred non payment fees (referral fees) of €30 extra ASWELL! And they want €97:00 to reconnect my BB. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! :evil:

I'm gonna friggin Kill someone! :evil:

POLITICS:

Theres ANOTHER budget coming up to screw up even deeper into the sht. And as for that ugly Pig of a stupid teashock???

Now where'd I hide me grand-uncles Revolver...REVOLUTION! :evil: :evil: :evil: :mrgreen:

I'll be taking all of this in my stride BUT I won't be talking in my "normal" calm voice in the bank tomorrow FOR A START! :evil:

Sorry had to get that off my Chest. There's more, but I'll deal with these issues first. Keep you posted. :D

Sorry for my language but FK THEM ALL!!!! :evil:
Strum
Administrator

Postby *stargazer* » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:20 am

Aww, Strum, don't know what to say to you, but believe me, I know what u mean...wish I could wave a magic wand and put it all right for you....I'm surprised at The Ark...usually I go to Blue Cross and found Shane on the right track each time...but with this new pedigree Collie decided that I would have him checked out with The Ark, then in future, Blue Cross, because I couldn't afford their fees. And I explained this to them. They were fine with that, and checked him out thoroughly, got his last vac. wormed again, kennel cough vac, flea and tick treatment etc., etc., I came out 109E lighter, but from now on he will be going to the 'Bluey'. I really hope poor Floyd gets sorted out soon....

As u know we only have one grandchild, but I don't know how they manage to get her all sorted for school...She had an accident recently, and cut her hand badly and had to have emergency treatment and stitches, the scary thing is that they live in Arklow and the nearest hospital is St. Columcille's. She was treated and stitched up at a local clinic, and TG is fine and all healed up. But what if it had been a serious accident and time was an element ??????????????

We are no longer covered by the Medical Card for dental treatment, as u probably know. So, having checked out the cost of a root canal and crown on a front tooth, I was quoted between 1,200 and 900. My two friends and I went to Warrenpoint in the North. There we were all checked out and given a plan and the total cost so we know exactly where we are. Cost 25stg. My dentist quoted me 75e just to tell me what had to be done without any treatment. I had the root canal done Tues. and the crown will be done in Nov. (Would have been done in Oct. but we will be away on holiday) Cost 470stg.....Are we pensioners supposed to let our teeth rot, because of the cost of dentistry in the Republic????? How are we supposed to afford the dental treatment on a pension? All three of us are spending our money in the North (Oh, and the parking was FREE on the main street !!!) We saw 6 Dublin reg. cars, probably all getting their teeth done.(not the cars, the people.Haha)

I'm convinced that they are thinking about cutting back pensions and taking away medical treatments that we have spent a lifetime working for so that we will just die off and disappear.

Sorry, this isn't cheering u up, but u are right, this country is gone to the """???@@@!!!!!!
*stargazer*

Postby Denis Cromie » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:32 am

I don't know what to say but I was talking to Henry Austin,who works in the pet shop in Greystones, and he was telling me stories about some of his customers experience with Vets, they claim that Vets fees are now greater than doctors.What is it about the Irish that we exploit those who care for their families,their pets and themselves. Greed seems to permeate throughout all the professions.We'd all like to spend our money at home but when you know you are being Ripped Off it doesn't make it easy. Our children have grown up now so the high expense of school is only a memory but I could never understand why it was so expensive to educate those who will create the future wealth.
Denis Cromie

Postby *stargazer* » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:18 pm

I agree, Denis.....and our age group have contributed most to the economy because of all the years we have worked. Had I put my tax and insurance 'under the mattress', I could well afford all these charges that I thought would be taken care of in my 'old age'. Always assumed that my pension would be secure, but now they talk about reducing it......to what....????????? Let us eat cake.... :(

BTW....love my new Stargazer Lily avatar, Strum....X
*stargazer*

Postby Strum » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:53 pm

You're welcome starry and thanks for the support. :D

My Son was waiting for a Bus at Temple Hill with his friend today. It was late, 5:45pm after Sports.
The Bus came, they got on and a little down the Road the bus stopped and the driver asked if anybody left a Sports Bag at the Bus stop.
It was my son's friend's Bag. Fair play to the Bus driver eh? :D

So off he hopped to go get it and the Bus drove off leaving him alone, stranded at that hour of the evening and with no Bus Fare.
He also wouldn't let my son off to go back to his Friend. :evil:

The Kid was brave enough to get the next Bus (no other choice) and explain to the Driver what happened and all was ok.

So, what did that first Driver think? That that will teach that Kid not to leave his Bag in future?

That Kid is in Secondary School for the first time and the first time he's ever got Busses etc on his own.
The Kid's parents had the Gardaí out looking for him because he didn't get home till 7:20pm.

What a disgrace and a bas*tard that first Driver is. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Strum
Administrator

Postby johndle » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:19 pm

Strum sounds hard to beleive but
if you have the bus ticket you can
find out who the Driver is
Ring Donnybrook with the info

Johndle ex 46A Bus Driver
johndle
In the Bold Member Corner

Postby Strum » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:32 pm

Thanks John I will. I know the approx time the bus got there so they should be able to determine who was driving at that time.
They'll probably just turn a blind eye though. I don't know.

So irresponsible of the Driver though in this day and age. :twisted:
The poor Kid was scared to bits on his own for the first time at traffic hour not knowing what was going to happen. :|
Strum
Administrator

Postby *stargazer* » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:00 am

What???????? I would be spitting mad had he been my kid (or Nia)....Do follow through, Strum, he can't be allowed to get away with that, not in this day and age with so much s**t going on with kids.....it was NOT his place to 'teach the boy a lesson' !!!!! That was sheer spite......I saw something similar go on on Churchview Road...Bus was just moving off, kid ran after the bus, driver drove off, but slowed down, just as the kid got to the door, driver waited, then drove off and left him there....I flashed lights but was ignored. I gave the kid a lift (He was reluctant to get in the car with a stranger, and rightly so) caught up and passed the bus and when he stopped at the next stop, parked in front of him and the boy managed to get on. Only traffic was heavy and I didn't have time to go and talk to the driver and I would have been holding up the people who were going to school and work, that driver would have got an earful :mrgreen: My Dad (Paddy Keegan RIP) was a bus conductor all 32 years of his working life, and he had a reputation for sticking to the rules, but he never would have stood for that.
*stargazer*

Postby grammer » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:55 pm

have to agree with you starry -that driver deserves a good rollicking from someone -most of the guys on the routes now are pretty ok -but there are still the odd few grouchy and unlikable gits --
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Denis Cromie » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:13 pm

You wonder what planet some of these bus Drivers live on and it's suppose to be a public service.
Denis Cromie

PreviousNext

Return to THE MOAN FORUM