Moan of the Month

Please feel free to post you gripes here.

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Strum » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:19 pm

In regards to that below about the Bus Driver, the Gardai made a formal complaint.

====================================================

Now are people completely stupid or what? Did my letter to the Bank below make any sense to anybody at all???

EDIT: Sorry I didn't post the letter here but the gist of it was...

"THE BANKS:

I asked the Bank to cancel a DD a few months ago and they assured me that the only DD I had left was for my broadband.
Fine, I can keep track of that easily only to wake up today to find that the Broadband connection has been cut off due to lack of funds in the account BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T CANCEL THE DIRECT DEBIT I ASKED THEM TO Months ago and because of that I incurred non payment fees (referral fees) of €30 extra ASWELL! And they want €97:00 to reconnect my BB. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!"

Here's the reply I got today and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with my original complaint.

"I trust this clarifies the matter" WTF woman???? Did you even READ the friggin letter????? :evil:

And here's my reply today... :roll:

Let's see what happens. :roll:
Strum
Administrator

Postby Denis Cromie » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:44 pm

That's terrible Strum,there's nothing as frustrating as being charged for something you weren't responsible for. Hope it works out in your favour,but I have me doubts. :x
Denis Cromie
Ex-Chief Chocolate Enrober

Postby jordo » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:32 pm

I got an Email from AIB last week saying that they had noticed some irregular activity on my account. The only irregular activity on my account would be someone lodging money into it because I only opened it a couple of years ago to lodge a small crossed cheque I had received.
I called personally and said I was nervous of posting details over the ‘Net going on to say I thought there should be at least 5 grand there.

The little one brought up my account and said yes there had been major withdrawals amounting to 5 grand and as a gesture of good will they would double the amount scammed in the hope that I would remain a loyal customer.

I said to her “Are you kiddin’? “

“Yeah” she said “but you started it” :)

Go get them Strum.
jordo

Postby Strum » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:30 pm

jordo wrote:Go get them Strum.

Thanks folks. As Tom Petty wrote. "I won't back down" :evil:
Strum
Administrator

Postby *stargazer* » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:06 am

I'm spitting mad.....Took Shiloh for his morning trot down to the green by Tesco, noticed some broken glass, and avoided it, but then Shiloh was limping and I took a big lump of broken glass from his front paw...still bleeding, so if it doesn't stop, I'll have to take him to the Ark later. What kind of person, not happy with throwing a glass bottle away, has to smash it all over the pathway. If I find out who did that, I will strip them naked and roll them all over the broken glass.......sorry, but I am SOOOOO angry :evil: :evil: :evil:
*stargazer*

Postby Strum » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:52 pm

Sorry to hear that Starry. It's everywhere, and sorry to say but Sallynoggin is the worst I've seen about.
Also there is only one CoCo Bin in the entire Noggin. :evil:
Strum
Administrator

Postby Denis Cromie » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:59 pm

Also very sorry to hear that Starry.
Denis Cromie

Postby JENNY WREN » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:53 pm

:x im the same its like going through a mine field bringing our dogs for a walk it takes all the enjoyment out of it trying to manouver past broken glass :x
always look on the bright side of life.....de dum de dum de dum de dum.
JENNY WREN
Advanced Member

Postby *stargazer* » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:44 am

Aw, Ta everyone.....I was soooo mad yesterday....but Shiloh is fine.....very funny 'cos he was fussed over so much that when he wants attention, he remembers to limp, then 2 minutes later he's bounding around, sore paw forgotten. I'll be more careful about where we walk in future.
*stargazer*

Postby grammer » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:58 pm

I know im a bit late for the October moan of the month
but let me tell you
was in this morning having a look at the the books
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
jaaaaaaaaaazzzzz
we are up xxxhit creek -
can tell yis now -wink wink nudge nudge
dont make any plans for christmas or next year or the next four or five --
anything you have bury it down the end of the garden or put it into your O'Dearest mattress-
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby grammer » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:06 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Yes -its that time again
can anyone believe how expensive it has become to buy a pack of toilet rolls
we all use them we all buy them -but they are becoming a luxery item !
Is there a huge world shortage of paper??????????
I mean the the amazonian forests havent been stripped bare yet :D :D :D
and then we have recycled toilet rolls for the greens among us :mrgreen:
now pardon me asking -but recycled t/rolls sound the same to me as recycled teabags or-or- or gawwwd bless us and save us recycled pampres------ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
but the worst part of it is the recycled ones look recycled :shock: :shock:
and even worse they are just as expensive.

aaaaaaaahhhhhggggg-
we did'nt know how well of we were with the evening press-the evening mail hanging on a nail behind the jacks door :mrgreen:

we're on a slippery slope to nowhere :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

now the evening paper is only fit to use for that purpose
but its as dear as the recycled t/rolls
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Sinead » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:14 pm

Maybe we should go back to Bronco, remember that? :mrgreen:

Slan
Sinead
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby *stargazer* » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:30 pm

Sinead wrote:Maybe we should go back to Bronco, remember that? :mrgreen:

Slan

Bronco was a nightmare...didn't do the job and just spread everything around..... :mrgreen:

Didn't notice the price..'cos its one of the things u haveta have, so just put it in the trolly, but I'll be paying more attention from now on.

My Mom used to have the newspaper..till visitors were coming.. then the soft stuff came out and we were warned not to use it. She will probably haunt me in my dreams tonite for telling that story on her :o
*stargazer*

Postby Snowhite » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:39 pm

I must have got the Bargain of the week today then,4 recycled (nice n soft) Toiletrolls for 64cent in Tesco's. ;)
Life isn't tied with a Bow, But it's still a Gift.
Snowhite
At the end of the Pier... Peace...

Postby farmboy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:24 pm

Sure didnt some cheeky (if you,ll pardon the pun) beggar rob the toilet out of a garda station.......police said they,ve nothin to go on..... :o
Walter Mitty is NOT a figment of my imagination.
farmboy
Skies are Blue

Postby farmboy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:25 pm

Snowhite wrote:I must have got the Bargain of the week today then,4 recycled (nice n soft) Toiletrolls for 64cent in Tesco's. ;)

Hope recycled doesnt mean they were used before!!!!!!! :|
Walter Mitty is NOT a figment of my imagination.
farmboy
Skies are Blue

Postby Strum » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:38 pm

Haha Starry. :D

Here's a serious moan of the months.

As you know I moved into a new Block in Sallynoggin in February. Tragically the Lady below me died of a Brain Tumor not long after she moved in and after having the place fully decorated, Wooden Flooring, Carpets, the lot.
The CoCo were very heavy handed with her family WARNING that they had one week to clear out all her possesions.
Fair enough-ish as I presumed they wanted the place cleared for the next person on the housing list. Right?
No no no...they (CoCo) sent a team of three blokes up (for a full day) the following week to barricade the place with the anti-squatter Doors and Window Shutters etc.This was June I think and the place is STILL vacant and barricaded up today.
Now WHAT THE FK are the Council up to eh? Like I said I assumed they wanted the place cleared for the next person, and their usual excuse is that places have to be re-decorated etc.
But not in this case, as I said I was in her place and it it has new Floors and Carpets, painted walls etc. Spotless!
This is an absolute shame on the Council. Why did they not simply just give it to the next person on the list?
This Block looks like sht with now with those Brown Shutters etc.

So what the hell? :evil:
Strum
Administrator

Postby Snowhite » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:58 pm

I never understand why the Council do that Strum, surely they can show the next tenant the place and let them decide if they want to take it as it stands and sign something to say they agree to these terms, a friend of mine was offered a house a few years back as a transfer from her own and she said yes she'd take it, so the council says it would be ready in a week or two, so off she go's for a look at it (through the big brown grids) it was in great condition with a fitted kitchen and lovely fire place ...she was over the moon.....alas when she got the key's the kitchen was gone and the fireplace and in there place was the corpo regular stuff ...she was not happy at all about it, something similar happened to my mother inlaw also ( I often wonder who asseses these houses after the tennant has left it, is it the workmen ? well whoever it is what a nice little earner they can have flogging the good stuff eh!
Life isn't tied with a Bow, But it's still a Gift.
Snowhite
At the end of the Pier... Peace...

Postby Strum » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:41 pm

I don't know what the hell Snowy. A friggin disgrace. This place is decorated like I said and somebody told me that the Coco will go in there and rip up the floors and carpets, and like you said the other fittings etc so it will look like a coco place place when the next person moves in, that is, mongolia painted walls and grey lino of the floors.
I seriously just don't fkn get it. :evil:

Three bloke for a full day to put shutters up and now vacant for nearly six months???

Who do you complain to about this?
Strum
Administrator

Postby grammer » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:15 am

Strum wrote
mongolia painted walls

:D :D :D :D :D :D
now that colour is out of Steppe - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (wheres farmboy when you need him !)
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Denis Cromie » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:45 pm

Some things never change Strum. I remember a family who were moving from Fitzgerald Park in the early 80's and they had done an absolutely fantastic re-design of their maisonette,I remember seeing it and saying I loved to have the creative talent to do something like it. An architect would have been real proud. The Corpo moved in and changed it back to the original dull style....... pure madness. The irony of it all was the husband worked for them. :roll:
Denis Cromie

price wise 1

Postby Enviro500 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:49 pm

Strum.

I am stunned to see that Neo Fascist CHIROPOIST back on the site......What on earth are we coming to..
Does no one care about his anti Jewish insults at all HE LIVES IN THE U.K. LIKE....MYSELF AND EVEN HATES THEM
This site appears to condone such people...WELL I DO NOT.!!!!!!
Is there anyone brave enough to stand with me.../

ENVIRO500
Enviro500
Executive Member

Re: price wise 1

Postby Strum » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:42 pm

Sorry but I am not getting into this debate again for all kinds of reasons.
He is entitled to his opinion which may offend others but he certainly wouldn't be the first.
I have asked him to keep the anti-semetic comments to himself and to try and keep it local.
Any posts with derogatory digs at Jews will be deleted.

Calling him an Anti-Semetic-Neo-Facist-Bigot is hardly going to help matters.[color=#FFFFFF]
Strum
Administrator

Re: price wise 1

Postby Enviro500 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:10 pm

STRUM,

Your Comments noted, Next , have you Jewish people in your family...I Have !!!!
Enviro500
Enviro500
Executive Member

Postby spudseamus » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:21 am

if those are the rules for everyone Strum thats ok with me
spudseamus
"Its good to be the King!"
"Its good to be the King!"

PreviousNext

Return to THE MOAN FORUM