Moan of the Month

Please feel free to post you gripes here.

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Dancer » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:10 pm

Can I come out now ?
Last edited by Dancer on Mon May 01, 2017 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
xx Dancer xx

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer
Deliciously,delectable, delightful Dancer

Postby Toss » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:46 pm

Dancer wrote:Can I come out now ?

Why not, sure you can even get married here these days aawhip :lol:
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Rocker » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:09 pm

Uh Uh I.m in hiding with the fan turned off.....Dancer will let you have it....... aawhip
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Dancer » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:53 pm

Toss wrote:
Dancer wrote:Can I come out now ?

Why not, sure you can even get married here these days aawhip :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I asked for that .

[shortyoutube][/shortyoutube]
xx Dancer xx

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer
Deliciously,delectable, delightful Dancer

Postby Toss » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:26 pm

wuu wuu :lol:
Toss

Postby grammer » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:50 pm

Rang the TV V last Thursday morning the 9th -to inform them the upstairs decoder had broken down
It's a free phone number -so no problem you think -grrrrrrrrrrrr-
So the conversation progresses -Hi thank you for calling (computer voice) according to our records you have used this phone number before-using your keypad enter your account number please-
Then it gets worse -if you need info on your bill charges press 1
press 2 for help with your broadband and or phone service
Press 3 for TV service
So you press 3 -then you get another choice of 3 or hold on for a human (my words)
So eventually you get a voice "hi thank you for calling ......... my name is Patrick (in a call center in India-The Phillipines or wherever)I can barely understand him -the noise of other operators in the background
Give him the details of the problem-he goes through the litany of reading out the standard ..itt of checking connections main leads etc.
The serial number on the back of the machine -the smart card number

So in the end he agrees to send out a new decoder box/

The new box arrives Monday morning at 8.15 plug it in and leave it to set it's self up-
Grrrrrrrr-it wont work
Back to ringing the company again the same procedure -I speak to another guy and guess what --he says his name is Patrick (as well jumping jumping jumping jumping) I wanted to laugh but I have a right pain in my ,,,,,,,
Go thru' the same old s...tt again -I asked the guy to transfer me to head office in Dublin
This guy comes on the phone and tells me he is a supervisor-but he has the same foriegn accent
he promises to sort it out and send out another decoder
Wed morning a new decoder arrives -I plug it in and guess fecking what it doesnt work either but it knocks off my home phone -broadband and TV

So no contact with the outside world -cos it's .issing rain and freezing cold

Eventually after many phone calls a service man arrives (he's a Dublin guy and his name is Dave :lol: )so he spent an hour and a half sorting out the problem
He put in 2 new new decoder boxes and new cabling (he tried a couple of decoders-the first 2 would connect)
Great the problems solved -grrrrrrr no
The home phone doesnt work.

I dont have the willpower or energy to ring V up today, even tho' they gave me 30€ off my next bill--

So It's been a pain in the swiss ''ll
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Toss » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:19 pm

Crazy situation Grammer, but never let them grind you dowm.

Lets face it, how hard would it be for our Government to make it law that all customer support offered by companies selling in Ireland must be operated in Ireland and not some basement in Calcutta.
Toss

Postby Strum » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:01 am

If you were in Dunne's today Rocker you HAVE to have seen the HARRY'S BAR/CAFE side wall. Fkn disgrace that is for what, 2-3 years now? I see 5 litre buckets of paint in Woodies as cheap as it comes, sometimes a 10-12 euros sale, normally 18 a bucket...ffsakes, 20- 40 quid to paint the bloody wall and miserable lazy owner wouldn't spend that much to tidy up the place. :twisted:

Petition on the way.
Strum
Administrator

Postby Rocker » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:09 pm

I was never in that Harrys place but I remember thinking once that the seats were ragged. I hate when people don't have pride in their place. I always marvel at your man O'Connor with the jewellers in Lr Georges St...he and the wife wash outside the premises every day. It is a credit to them....the amount of sh!t on the pavement outside Ecco shoe shop yesterday and no one making any effort to wash it off...just a few buckets of jeyes fluid and a stiff brush would do the job but staff everywhere pretend they don't notice!!! BangHead BangHead
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Toss » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:59 am

Rocker wrote:I was never in that Harrys place but I remember thinking once that the seats were ragged. I hate when people don't have pride in their place. I always marvel at your man O'Connor with the jewellers in Lr Georges St...he and the wife wash outside the premises every day. It is a credit to them....the amount of sh!t on the pavement outside Ecco shoe shop yesterday and no one making any effort to wash it off...just a few buckets of jeyes fluid and a stiff brush would do the job but staff everywhere pretend they don't notice!!! BangHead BangHead

I think we have to look at the bigger picture regarding our mainstreet pavements and remember that we have generated a compo culture by producing far too many ambulance chasers each and every year. If a shopkeeper washes their front pavement and unlucky Alf slips, its a €100k insurance claim as they look for a solicitor before a doctor these days. I see if you bang your knee off a table, its now a €20,000 windfall thanks to our generous courts and laws.

Try and stop the gravy train and you will soon find out how many people are feeding off such claims ..... its an industry that has been allowed to grow out of all proportion and the state is afraid to cut it back because its main workforce are all well heeled mates with the right school tie and ever increasing double barrelled names.

Ireland is now 'claim' heaven for every chancer out there, our reputation for easy money is spreading throughout the world as new Paddy shows off to his mates on Facebook and they suddenly feel the need to visit us :roll:

Obviously most see nothing wrong and are happy with this scenario, such is the silence out there.

over 500 gawks at this post.... hellllo lurkers
Last edited by Toss on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toss

Postby Toss » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:00 pm

Its seems we are missing out on the latest buzzword ...... every media hogging gobshite seems to be on a 'Journey' dontknow they thank everyone for being with them on their journey, they tell us all about their journey and it seems we are all on a journey every day BangHead BangHead BangHead
Toss

Postby Rocker » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:55 pm

Toss wrote:Its seems we are missing out on the latest buzzword ...... every media hogging gobshite seems to be on a 'Journey' dontknow they thank everyone for being with them on their journey, they tell us all about their journey and it seems we are all on a journey every day BangHead BangHead BangHead

:lol: :lol: :lol: not me....I'm retired....I suppose my trips to Wetherspoons are journies but, I like to think of them as foraging.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby bugrock » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:02 am

[quoteover 500 gawks at this post.... hellllo lurkers][/quote]

As I live too far from the point of aggravation, I really shouldn't comment on that of which I have no nollege.
Good luck anyway with the crusade hellllo hellllo hellllo
If it don't make your ears bleed, it ain't rock 'n' roll!
bugrock
In the Bold Member Corner

Postby Sinead » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:13 am

Toss:

Can't say I have noticed any extra use of this word but sure isn't all of life
a journey?

Sinéad
Sinead

Postby Denis Cromie » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:30 am

I've been conned. Got a text message telling me that as a valuable customer of Supervalu Greystones I've been chosen to complete a survey on it's service and would be entered to a free draw to win 750 Euro on completion of the survey. The questions in the survey seemed standard for such surveys,like how often do you shop in the store,if another Supervalu shop was opened in Greystones would I use it and what distance would I be prepared to go to use it etc. I don't often bother with such surveys but I thought well, what have I got to lose, as we do most of our shopping there so I thought it was legit. I followed the instructions only to find out that I would be charged 7.50 a week (2.50x3). Luckily I use a pay as you go and I did not have much in my account but if I had of had a monthly account I may not have noticed the 3 separate weekly amounts taken from it. I rang Supervalu Greystones and they said they knew nothing about this survey but that they would let their customers know of the scam. I also rang my service provider and they said that there is nothing they could do to stop such scams,as some people like enter these draws. BangHead

I don't know how this crowd got my phone details or how they knew we were Supervalu customers but just beware if you get something similar. I also know that they don't just focus on Supervalu they also use the other large supermarkets, so beware

The text I received came from TEXT Media,FreeMSG with a respond number 57976.
Denis Cromie
Ex-Chief Chocolate Enrober

Postby Toss » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:27 pm

Denis Cromie wrote:I don't know how this crowd got my phone details or how they knew we were Supervalu customers but just beware if you get something similar. I also know that they don't just focus on Supervalu they also use the other large supermarkets, so beware

The text I received came from TEXT Media,FreeMSG with a respond number 57976.

Denis, its easily done as everything you do on your phone is monitored thanks to big brother. I would guess your location is not hidden and thats how they sniffed out where you shop. I cannot believe the amount of intelligent people who actually believe their phone is 'updating' when in truth it is sending all your info out of the phone to God knows where.

I recently changed my phone and my new phone has so many preinstalled apps that I have just given up trying to maintain any level of privacy. My advice is to never use your phone for anything like banking or buying, never open any texts or unsolicited messages from companies or unknowns (especially if it involves an extra click).
Toss

Postby Rocker » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:43 pm

Oh Denis so sorry to hear that. It is so easy to fall for a sophisticated scam. Thanks for the tip off.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Denis Cromie » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:07 pm

Toss you're dead right but there's no fool like an old fool. I just can't still believe that these phone companies allow such skulduggery to go on.
Denis Cromie
Ex-Chief Chocolate Enrober

Postby Rocker » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:42 am

Heres my bit of a moan now that the better weather and brighter evening are on the way. What is wrong with the youth today that they prefer to congregate at "a wall" a"shop" a"monument", idly stand around scuffing their shoes on the paths and jostling others on to moving cars when Dún Laoghaire Rathdown Co Co have spent endless years and effort setting out parks, pitches, playgrounds ????????

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/en/parks-and-outdoors/parks
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Gerald » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:35 pm

AARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!! Enough effin' speed ramps.
Gerald
Advanced Member

Postby gingertom » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:10 pm

Gerald wrote:AARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!! Enough effin' speed ramps.

Just a thought......if any damage is caused to a vehicle whilst traveling under the speed limit and verified by video capture. Local authority malfeasance?
zingerberi capillus et bene moratus.
gingertom
Advanced Member

Postby Micheál » Mon May 01, 2017 12:04 am

What I cant get my head around is the number of pedestrians who step out onto speed ramps without warning - thinking they are some sort of pedestrian crossing. It's only a matter of time . . .

M.
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby Rocker » Mon May 01, 2017 9:34 am

Micheál wrote:What I cant get my head around is the number of pedestrians who step out onto speed ramps without warning - thinking they are some sort of pedestrian crossing. It's only a matter of time . . .

M.

I really do think they think that those ramps are specially for them to cross! They should have road safety classes at school.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby bugrock » Mon May 01, 2017 9:37 am

HAH!!!
If it don't make your ears bleed, it ain't rock 'n' roll!
bugrock
In the Bold Member Corner

Postby Rocker » Wed May 10, 2017 1:34 pm

I have been totally out of touch with children and hospitals and waiting lists for them etc. A friend's three year old has suffered tonsillitis since she was born. They have taken her to the doctor and she is on a waiting list which will take a year to see a consultant then a year waiting list to have the operation.So maybe at five and hundreds of sleepless nights, buckets of anti biotics etc later she might get done!!

We used to just walk up to Monkstown Hospital have the tonsils out rest on a bed for an hour or so and walk home to get ice cream....what has gone wrong with the system...someone told me today that there are no ENT consultants in the Childrens hospitals...why do you need a consultant,,surely any kind of surgeon could whip the tonsils out...am I naieve???
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

PreviousNext

Return to THE MOAN FORUM