Moan of the Month

Please feel free to post you gripes here.

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby gingertom » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:35 pm

Toss wrote:
Strum wrote:
Toss wrote:Seriously ... 70 is nothing,

Until they multiply.

:lol: :lol: :lol: just like us ..... tbh honest I have no issue with us taking kids from a situation like the one that they were in. I suspect they would be a lot more grateful and a lot less self-entitled than some of our more native unchallenged spongers and thiefs.

"Until they multiply"...........

Trumpism.
zingerberi capillus et bene moratus.
gingertom
Advanced Member

Postby Strum » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:31 am

gingertom wrote: Trumpism.

Excuse me GT, that's a Stumpism. :lol:
Strum
Administrator

Postby Toss » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:38 am

Strum wrote:
gingertom wrote: Trumpism.

Excuse me GT, that's a Stumpism. :lol:

I was going to reply with the very same comment earlier ..... but I thought I'd better keep my head in the sand :lol:
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Strum » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:53 am

Toss wrote: I was going to reply with the very same comment earlier ..... but I thought I'd better keep my head in the sand :lol:

:lol: thumleft
Strum
Administrator

Postby gingertom » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:21 am

Strum wrote:
Toss wrote: I was going to reply with the very same comment earlier ..... but I thought I'd better keep my head in the sand :lol:

Well, its probably nice and warm there!
zingerberi capillus et bene moratus.
gingertom
Advanced Member

Postby Toss » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:18 am

gingertom wrote:
Strum wrote:

Well, its probably nice and warm there!

Well its certainly not lonely :roll:
Toss

Postby Rocker » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:46 am

I have been a bit of a "head in the sander" about the whole world! I have been sitting and praying and hoping for a Messiah to come and stop wars, heal rifts, feed the starving etc. My God has seen it fit to present us with Donald of the appalling hair, pouting lips and silly hand gestures. But, maybe he will do something the others couldn't! if he brings all the Americans back home to work and spends American money in America there will not be a budget for bombs, planes, armies going to fight real or imaginary foes and....who knows...........

Talking of sand I watched Tracks last night ....the story of a women and some camels trekking across Australia....and boy oh boy can the human spirit endure.......Oh and I also watched Chris Hadfield the Canadian astronaut on telly last night and he was inspiring....he looked down at the world and marvelled.........
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Dancer » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:38 am

Rocker wrote: But, maybe he will do something the others couldn't! if he brings all the Americans back home to work and spends American money in America there will not be a budget for bombs, planes, armies going to fight real or imaginary foes and....who knows............

Donald Duck is , as far as I am concerned , worse than Hitler . He was never interested in being President of the Amwrican people . He just wants power . He is totally inept , ignorant and to put it bluntly.....a fooking parasite !!

The sooner he is assassinated the better !

I have gotten into more arguments with friends over this gobshite :oops: :oops: :oops: BangHead
xx Dancer xx

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer
Deliciously,delectable, delightful Dancer

Postby bugrock » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:58 am

Donaaaaald! Duck!!
If it don't make your ears bleed, it ain't rock 'n' roll!
bugrock
In the Bold Member Corner

Postby grammer » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:31 am

look gang in another couple of weeks there wont be a word out of Donald
He will do as the others have all done -fall into line-

========================================
I'm more worried about Enda and that other do nothing Ross.
Ross comes across to me as a let the sheeple stew in their own ..it type of arrogant git.
We have ministers who no nothing about their own jobs but are well briefed to comment on everything else.
=======================================================
We have no say in what the U.S. does or doesnt do. Leave them to sort out their own problems.
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Toss » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:42 am

grammer wrote:I'm more worried about Enda and that other do nothing Ross.
Ross comes across to me as a let the sheeple stew in their own ..it type of arrogant git.
We have ministers who no nothing about their own jobs but are well briefed to comment on everything else.
=======================================================
We have no say in what the U.S. does or doesnt do. Leave them to sort out their own problems.

Well said Grammer ....... its typical hyprocritical Irish, rant n rave about politicians outside our domain and meekly ignore the Irish political mess as if everything is rosey in our garden.

The spoon is back wuu wuu wuu

Ps you have hit the nail on the head with Ross... he talks the talk, but no way will he walk the walk.
Toss

Postby Strum » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:47 pm

Dancer wrote: The sooner he is assassinated the better !

And then what? icon_scratch
Strum
Administrator

Postby skins » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:21 pm

A couple of moans about RTE:

Why do presenters keep talking over contributors' answers? They seem to prefer listening to themselves, as far as I can see.

Why do Jacqui Hurley and Evanne Ní Chuillinn persist in referring to the Irish "Rubby" team?

And Jacqui introduces the "Sports Nooze".

Who's the guy who seems to be hogging all the ads voiceovers? He does "Smart Flies Aer Lingus", An Post insurance, the Lotto, etc. I find that Aer Lingus ad stuck in between the news bulletins and the weather forecast most irritating.

Is there any chance that "Reeling in the Years" could be consigned to the dustbin of history? It's been repeated so often now that people have almost memorised the dialogue word-for-word, a bit like the crowd who used to attend the Rocky Horror Picture Show in the Classic Cinema every Friday night for twenty years.

Just sayin', like.
Skins
skins
Executive Member

Postby Strum » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:57 pm

skins wrote:
Why do presenters keep talking over contributors' answers? They seem to prefer listening to themselves, as far as I can see.

Because the sleiveens can't answer the questions, better to drown you out with more shit*

Why do Jacqui Hurley and Evanne Ní Chuillinn persist in referring to the Irish "Rubby" team?

And Jacqui introduces the "Sports Nooze".

Gaaaarda, Gaaaardee. Gourdee, ....
Strum
Administrator

Postby Gerald » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:12 pm

Dancer wrote:
Donald Duck is , as far as I am concerned , worse than Hitler . He was never interested in being President of the Amwrican people . He just wants power . He is totally inept , ignorant and to put it bluntly.....a fooking parasite !!

I have gotten into more arguments with friends over this gobshite :oops: :oops: :oops: BangHead

In what way is he worse than Hitler? And what sort of person are you to advocate for the murder of a country's elected president? What exactly has he done that is so bad? Name one single thing that he has done that is worse that his predecessors?
Gerald
Advanced Member

Postby Micheál » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:07 pm

I'm with Gerald on this one!

And by the way, you all ought to see the Cover of this weeks Village Magazine ( I'm not going to reprint it here).
But I'll be
- taking a peek inside to make a note of prominent advertisers.
- Asking newsagent to remove this deeply disrespectful (& probably inciting to commit crime) rag from the shelf.

M.
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby Toss » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:21 pm

Gerald wrote:In what way is he worse than Hitler? And what sort of person are you to advocate for the murder of a country's elected president? What exactly has he done that is so bad? Name one single thing that he has done that is worse that his predecessors?

Very good points Gerard, but you have to accept Dancer (like many others) is influenced by the media and as such is inundated with anti Trump hype ... the same media that is owned by vested interests and will never go against their masters.

Given that Hollywood can recreate war scenes with amazing perfection, why should we believe any news footage any more ? the level of propaganda is impossible to tell these days. Not only are our people being dumbed down but we are looking at an information highway that is far more convincing than the days of the written word.

Trump was portrayed as a fool with no chance of a nomination, then as a joke candidate ..... he beat the odds and is now the President of the USA and one of the richest men in the world - some achievement for a fool. The begrudgers will always begrudge, but anyone with an ounce of sense will see that he is anything but stupid. Its a pity we Irish fail to attack our own under performing politicians with that same gusto they attack other countries choices. Our country has been systematically sold off behind the scenes, yet Paddy claps along like a trained sealion as its all presented as progess in the media. The real heros here are all those who went out and marched against Irish Water, they have stood up and took real action as opposed to throwing money at a problem under the guise of charity.
Toss

Postby Toss » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:16 am

Wheres Gerards post gone ?
Toss

Postby Rocker » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:36 am

Toss wrote:Wheres Gerards post gone ?

gosh and I hadn't time to read it. Ah well.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Gerald » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:47 am

I removed it myself Toss, maybe in a moment of frustration. With the constant negativity around, I just felt I didn't want to feed into it, and I didn't want to be seen to be taking the moral high ground, or 'I'm right, you're wrong attitude." Maybe that was the wrong move, so text below:

I agree Toss, the media is engaged in a campaign against Trump. When he says, 'up' they say 'down,' etc. Everything he does is given a negative slant. This has been evident right through the election campaign also.
The media, Hollywood, the music industry have been constant in their criticism and contempt: Fascist, misogynist, racist, bigot, as bad as Hitler.
His executive order temporarily restricting the immigration of refugees is the action of a racist madman apparently. How then are we to consider the actions of Obama, Bush, Clinton, who mercilessly slaughtered millions, displaced millions of others and left their countries in ruin? Indeed, Obama was at war for his entire presidency, predominantly with Islamic countries. He bombed Pakistan within days of taking office and in the same year received the Nobel Peace prize. This one assumes, is perfectly ok with the media and the entertainment industry and the organized mobs who were not to be seen during this time. it’s ok to murder millions but inhuman to limit the number of visas.
It has long been U.S. policy to train and arm rebels, terrorists, to overthrow or destabilize governments of countries who do not serve their particular interests, be it corporate, or political. This is the reason for limiting visas and being stricter with the vetting process. There is a real danger of blowback, that which you create, returning to inflict damage to the hand that fed it. Whether one agrees with it or not, one could certainly understand it.
The fact of the matter is that Trump has yet to show what sort of leader he will be, if indeed he comes through the ongoing unrest intact. He may, and it would not be a surprise if it happens, just fall into line with those who have gone before him. And that would certainly be worthy of severe criticism and he would rightly be convicted of the same war crimes that those who have gone before him have.....oh hang on.

All of these world leaders are all pretty much the same; they serve oligarchs, globalists, big corp., banks. That was to be the continuing role of Clinton. Unless there is some huge elaborate con in place, Trump is the wrong man in the wrong place and they want him out. So the media is in full force, even in this country. And so many people buy into it and Trump becomes a focus for their resentment. Don’t jail the man before he commits a crime.
Just for the record, I am not a Trump supporter, I am just disgusted by the actions, hypocrisy and lies of those who oppose him.
Gerald
Advanced Member

Postby Toss » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:43 pm

I would not regard it as negative, you are entitled to have your opinions and you are calling it as you see it ..... if we are getting to the stage where people are afraid to speak up because it could be seen as negative, then we really are going to get turned over. In any debate where people start throwing words like negative and cynical about, its a sure sign they are losing and attacking the person not the problem.

Im glad you put it back, we need people to speak up and question whats going on around us.... its what keeps everything in check.
Toss

Postby Denis Cromie » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:17 pm

There's no doubt that our politicians have many shortcomings but luckily they don't have access to a nuclear button like Trump has. I've never felt more frightened in my life by anyone who is so thin skinned that he cannot accept anyone who differs from his point of view and even thinks that the crowds he attracts are larger than others,how pathetic is that. Who sacks people because they disagree with him. He's just not a fit person to have such power and we ignore him at our peril. The only way to confront a bully is to stand up to him.
Denis Cromie
Ex-Chief Chocolate Enrober

Postby Sinead » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:12 pm

Pleased you put your post back up Gerald. As Toss says you might as well pack it in if you can't speak up
and hold your corner.
I would never advocate killing anyone, however I do find the current President of the USA frightening. He
just cannot let go of the inconsequential, or the bullying. I fear for the all of us with such a person at the
helm. If I knew how to do it I would add Luke Kelly rendition of 'The Man in charge of the button"
Having said that I do think Enda should go to the US on St. Patrick's Day, we have a lot of undocumented there
and they need a voice before the Sanctuary States are wiped out.

Sinéad
Sinead

Postby Rocker » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:46 pm

Dis quietening this morning about the media leaks from Garda H.Q !!!Interesting and sad times we are living in. Wonder if we will ever hear the truth?? there are so many smears against so many people !! who benefits??
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby MickR » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:56 pm

I cant say I would have voted for Trump, however the alternative of Clinton and another 4 years of the same shite we have had for generations was not a very palatable choice either. Can he really be worse than the Bushes and the chaos they have created in the Middle East. Obama was a great orator but totally ineffective. He did however deport over 2.5m people. More than twice the amount of any past president. Reagan armed Sadam Hussain extensively and ignored him killing his own people. He also refused to recognise the Aids crisis for years. Weak on terrorism. GW Bush invaded the middle east with no plan for the future and now we have ISIS. His Father before him did the same. Bill Clinton, well impeachment says it all really. Is it any wonder we get someone who says and thinks it differently. I watch with interest and certainly wouldn't advocate someone shooting him. What's the plan then? Maybe his voice isn't as interesting as Obamas or Clintons but neither achieved much which is a shame. Look back at Kennedy and Nixon another pair of beauties, one a serial shagger and party animal the other a serial liar. The recent history is not much to shout about so give him a chance he might surprise us.
If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
MickR

PreviousNext

Return to THE MOAN FORUM