Moan of the Month

Please feel free to post you gripes here.

Re: Moan of the Month

Postby Toss » Wed May 10, 2017 4:12 pm

Rocker wrote:why do you need a consultant,,surely any kind of surgeon could whip the tonsils out...am I naive???

Sadly anyone who thinks our current set up is geared towards the end user is probably naive ...... the push to stay in school longer has created a monster. Each and every year newly qualified young adults are added to the workforce and they all need to have the option of a job that reflects their qualifications and makes their parents think the time and money invested in their childrens education has been a success. So, in the past when you had tonsilitis ... you probably met 2/3 people and the issue was dealt with almost instantly.

Today, you need to follow the line of protocol by talking to endless answering machines, then to secretaries, then attend a few 'consultations' and thats before you have to have 'this, that and the other' checked by the nurses to see if you are even suitable to be treated. The logic is simple, job creation comes before patient care and the more you can put roadblocks in the system .... the quicker the poor patient will run to a provate clinic and boom jackpot ! you now have the taxpayer paying taxes twice and more jobs are created with more tax being paid.

I often wonder if the people who pushed to have more and more schools / colleges etc ever thought far enough ahead to wonder where all the output was going to go ? In the rush to feel superior and ensure everyones a winner, we have lost all sense of proportion.
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Rocker » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:40 pm

Various health issues have led to me attending many clinics at a large hospital...not in the town I hasten to add. I have had many, many hours to just look and see.....you get referred to consultant X, then Y and then Z all of whom has three or four assistants (first years). Initially you are anxious and you go along with the barrage of bloods, tests, appointments....all of them necessitating a trip to the hospital, waiting from one to five hours each time, a lot of indifferent treatment in stuffy, overcrowded conditions!!!. As you become to feel a lot better you take time to look and look and look.There are a terrible lot of staff walking the corridors,carrying clipboards, having coffee, having chats.I think I can see why my scan took over 9 months for me to get an appointment!! Appointments times are allocated but the waiting area fills up then the corridors...are the consultatants there???...why do you want to know???....you should just sit there and become demoralised!!...they know it takes ten minutes to see each patient so why have 10 come at 10.30hrs????just to sit and sweat and cough on each other!! and for the scans terribly ill patients are wheeled in on their beds and left there, old and ill and dreading it and the full waiting room gawping!!
Saying all this I am delighted I got the tests and scans and met the very nice juniors but they do put you through the wringer!! for the want of a bit of better management.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby keeper » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:58 pm

G thanks Rocker :shock: now I'm really looking forward to upcoming appointment :roll: please tell me it's NOT that bad BangHead
keeper

Postby Rocker » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:08 am

keeper wrote:G thanks Rocker :shock: now I'm really looking forward to upcoming appointment :roll: please tell me it's NOT that bad BangHead
:

lol: I did go in at the deep end.I had had another frustrating morning, beating my brains out to get to the hospital only to spend two hours in the stifling environment. It really drags you down when you see sick, shuffling humanity!
But, hey I have very good outcome and good news and the sun is shining.

Your appointment will be grand...but, bring a book. ;) ;)
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Denis Cromie » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:09 pm

Good news Rocker even if you had to wait more than you should have. Good luck Keeper.
Denis Cromie
Ex-Chief Chocolate Enrober

Postby keeper » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:02 pm

Thanks Denis, by the sounds of it I should be able to start and finish Ulysses by the time I get to see the main man :roll: :roll:
keeper

Postby Rocker » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:12 pm

keeper wrote:Thanks Denis, by the sounds of it I should be able to start and finish Ulysses by the time I get to see the main man :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: Wouldn't recommend Ulysses, heavy going....better a Maeve Binchy, light and gripping.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Denis Cromie » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:28 pm

keeper wrote:Thanks Denis, by the sounds of it I should be able to start and finish Ulysses by the time I get to see the main man :roll: :roll:

Like Rocker I found Ulysses a difficult read, but I made sure I read Molly's soliloquy. ;) Let the main man wait, I'm sure he has enough good people up there.
Denis Cromie
Ex-Chief Chocolate Enrober

Postby Sinead » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:19 pm

Many years ago I was told the only way to read Ulysses was outloud, believe it or not
it works up to a point. I think it is extremely boring with no punctuation. Portrait
of the Artist is much easier and it is shorter.

Sinéad
Sinead

Postby Toss » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:50 am

Moan No.1

I watched an hour of the Rose of Tralee last night and was astounded at how it has changed ..... almost every rose had a sob story. It was embarrassing to watch, entrants playing the sympathy card: all major illnesses, disasters and afflictions were on parade, how desperate are these people ? This used to be an uplifting fun show where young ladies flirted with the host and the audience and did their party piece to the best of their ability.... its now a formulated cringe fest that sees entrants using their handicapped siblings or some tragic bereavement as a way of winning. Shameless.

Moan No.2

Has anyone seen the hype about the new Toyota Topaz 'Face it down' phone app .... you download the app to your phone and then launche the app before setting off on a journey and simply put the phone face down. Points will be earned for every kilometre driven without picking up the phone. If the user turns over the phone while driving, all the points accumulated will be lost. Points accrued can be redeemed against a complimentary hot drink for every 350 KM’s travelled at 159 participating Topaz Re Store sites across Ireland. 250 bonus points will be awarded for a user’s first successful journey with bonus points also given at interim periods.

This is a GREAT IDEA you would think, until you ask what happens to the information gathered by your phone. This information includes tracking every place you stop, how many kilometers you travel and what speed you were doing ..... all very useful info to a variety of interested parties. Say you were unlucky enough to have an accident ..... can Mr Toyota guarantee that your phone app's recorded information will not be used by any interested party ie Insurance Companies ? the answer is NO and its already happening with claims being questioned as phone records show the the driver was driving in excess of his annual stated milage on his/her insurance (how many people still use the old 12,000 miles as a guide and have not upped the number to account for kilometers?) ..... what about someone recorded as travelling at 31kpm in a 30kpm limit zone ? its a trojan horse that once installed on your phone, opens all sorts of doors thanks to you innocently pressing OK and anyone who thinks they have their 'location' turned off needs to know that once you give an app permission, it is possible for an app to turn back 'on' your location. Be careful as your good intentions could easily come back to bite you in the ass !!!
Toss

Postby Dancer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:53 pm

Toss wrote:Moan No.1

I watched an hour of the Rose of Tralee last night and was astounded at how it has changed ..... almost every rose had a sob story. It was embarrassing to watch, entrants playing the sympathy card: all major illnesses, disasters and afflictions were on parade, how desperate are these people ?

What happened Toss ? Were you being punished for playing too much golf ? :lol:
I'd rather suck the pus from an infected boil on a gnats arse than watch the rose of Tralee.

As for that Topaz thingy......another pile of crap! Who thinks up these things ?.....planks !!
xx Dancer xx

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer
Deliciously,delectable, delightful Dancer

Postby Toss » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:58 pm

Dancer wrote:What happened Toss ? Were you being punished for playing too much golf ? :lol:
No .... its more a question of get out from under my feet nowadays ;)

I'd rather suck the pus from an infected boil on a gnats arse than watch the rose of Tralee.

You have such a way with words..... and in your best 'dear Frankie' voice as well aawhip aawhip

As for that Topaz thingy......another pile of crap! Who thinks up these things ?.....planks !! Correct
Toss

Previous

Return to THE MOAN FORUM