Water and other political issues.

Anything relating to politics whatsoever to be posted here specifically. You may start as many topics as you like.

Re: Water and other political issues.

Postby Toss » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:19 am

What a great result for Labour and Jeremy Corbin in the UK elections.

While the Tories wanted to crush the 'remoaners' who voted to stay in the EU, Labour went old school and knocked on doors, talked to people, recruited at a base level and engaged with the forgotten youth whos vote was written off by the Tory backed media ..... and it worked.

I wonder how our own Labour party feel as they continue to alienate their grass roots vote and happily try to assist in imprisoning protesters.... lessons need to be learned over here.
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby keeper » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:07 pm

Agreed Toss, the fact that Theresa May is prepared to work with the DUP says it all, time for the Shinners to take their seats and actually contribute something in Westminster instead of bleating from outside the fence.
keeper

Postby Sinead » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:22 pm

Totally agree with that sentiment Keeper. The DUP may well have our interests at heart in Brexit but if a vote should be lost by 4 - the Sinners will be to blame. Do they take the MP's pay?

Sinéad
Sinead

Postby gingertom » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:29 pm

Toss wrote:
Sinead wrote:Toss:

Would love to know who produced that piece of propaganda, they refer
to a bank as if it were people. The 'conspiracy theorists' must have
had fun with that. It is as good as Facebook with permits all sorts of
allegations against people who if they attempt to refute lies they are
dammed, the old adage 'there's no smoke without fire'.
The next thing to be resurrected with be The Protocols of the Learned
Elders of Zion.
As Michéal says, no names given for anything.
Every transaction leaves a trail, follow the money and you find a name.

Sinéad

I've no idea who produced it Sinead, but there are plenty more like it out there and they obviously contain some truths in the middle of their theories as none have been challenged or shut down. If as Michael says, every transaction leaves a trail ....... I wonder why so many trails are ignored and not questioned by those in charge ?

I see the video as thought provoking but not conclusive in any way (other that the fact that the Rothschilds do own our Central Bank).

https://www.hines.com/properties/central-plaza-dublin

https://www.hines.com/news/hines-and-pe ... properties

Interesting comments.
zingerberi capillus et bene moratus.
gingertom
Advanced Member

Postby Toss » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Money money money ....... if you have enough, you can buy control of anything you want and use all sorts of different tactics to get your desired results. Who knows what Mr Hines and his Hong Kong mates are getting up to behind the scenes .... but rest assured we are not high on the agenda.

Since Brexit, there has been a glut of silent purchases of prime locations outside of London and around Europe by high financed international corporations, it would look to me like strategic planning should the UK go into meltdown and premium office space becomes scarce. Thats just the nature of business, whereas arms trading is a different story altogether :

https://tompride.wordpress.com/2017/06/04/incredible-watch-home-sec-amber-rudd-shut-down-candidate-at-hustings-over-arms-sales-to-saudi/

this was him comments following that incident .....

http://realmedia.press/serious-fraud-saudi-silence-nicholas-wilson-amberrudd-ge2017/

Its easy to adopt a head in the sand approach when listening to the likes of Nicholas Wilson, but without his questions being answered ..... then his points remain valid.
Toss

Postby Strum » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:21 pm

Toss wrote: Money money money ....... if you have enough, you can buy control of anything

Uh huh.
Strum
Administrator

Postby Toss » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:27 pm

How embarrassing is the water protesters court case ....... the longer it goes on, the more stupid the whole fiasco gets.... thisi s from the Indo:

Why was it left until everything had blown up? After that, the whole temperature increased exponentially, any attempt to diffuse matters was lost,” he said. Mr Comyn quoted an inspector at the scene who said he was “waiting for reinforcements to arrive” before making tactical decisions; he also described how gardaí ran in the wrong direction because they didn't know where they were needed.

“The gardaí were not briefed. What class of an operation is that?” he said. He said every decision made by gardaí on the day was “unwise and inappropriate”, comparing gardaí who attended the protest to “the Keystone Cops”.

Mr Comyn claimed there was “something rotten at the core of this investigation” because evidence given by gardaí was proved “demonstrably wrong” in court by video footage. He said he was “very critical” of gardaí for not finding “crucial” YouTube footage uncovered by Cllr Murphy,

The video in question showed Cllr Murphy speaking through a loud hailer, proposing to move the protest on and warning against “argy-bargy”, saying “this isn’t what we came here for”.

A woman in the video, who told the crowd through the megaphone that she was from Killinarden in Tallaght, advocated keeping Ms Burton and her advisor there.

“The final irony..is that a man who promoted a solution to the problem is now before the court, while the lady who was promoting the problem hasn’t even been identified or tracked down by gardaí,” said Mr Comyn.

Mr Comyn pointed out that Cllr Murphy had actually taken steps to restrain people from acting violently and had pulled some protesters back from the jeep.

He said his client had also asked a man who was “hogging the megaphone” and chanting “Shove your water meters up your a**” to desist.

The mishandling of the event from start to finish says a lot about how our country is run. All they have succeeded in doing is wasting tax payers money and showing the world that they are incapable of knowing when to walk away from their own PR disaster.
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Toss

Postby Strum » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:41 pm

River Basin Management Plan 2018 -2021 - anyone that has done their homework will know that Ireland's 9.4 exemption is still intact but only until the 31/12/17 - Closing date for Public Submissions is Thursday 31st August 2017 @ 17.30pm.

Guys this is absolutely Vital - All info is in this Link - We all need to make our own Submission either to the email address in this link or write to them at the address also in this link before above deadline - We need to DEMAND that the 9.4 exemption is renewed and added to the 2018/21 R.B.M.P - if its not implemented well then after 31st of December - No Marching or Protesting is going to work - We have just over 2 months to email / write Submissions in link and lobby every single sitting TD in the Dail.

http://www.housing.gov.ie/water/water-q ... management
Strum
Administrator

Postby Toss » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:46 pm

Done ...... but I won't hold my breath !!!
Toss

Postby keeper » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:49 pm

Now for a waste collection fiasco BangHead BangHead will end the same as always BangHead BangHead we will pay MORE BangHead AGAIN :cry: Note also, Cork County Council doing major job tonight on BEHALF of Irish Water, so what does Irish Water actually do nowadays dontknow dontknow
keeper

Postby Strum » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:19 am

Toss wrote:Done ...... but I won't hold my breath !!!

Get an Aqualung or an Oxygen Mask while you can.
It has to happen, implemented years ago as we all know. I think the non-payers are still not going to pay, let's see what happens...
Like watching a soap opera, and as far as the Jobstown trial haha, satire at best. ;)
Strum
Administrator

Postby Strum » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:50 am

Interesting read.

The Bin men, The Yanks, The Dump and the Cement Factory.

https://mkeoghblog.wordpress.com/2016/0 ... he-circus/
Strum
Administrator

Postby Toss » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:07 pm

So, the circus that was the Jobstown trial has ended with all proven innocent as the taxpayer pays the costs.

With three possible exit routes ignored and despite ample video evidence, charges were still brought against anti water charge campaigners..... dare we ask why ?

Anyone care to comment ?
Toss

Postby Gerald » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:41 pm

Toss wrote:.
So, the circus that was the Jobstown trial has ended with all proven innocent as the taxpayer pays the costs.

With three possible exit routes ignored and despite ample video evidence, charges were still brought against anti water charge campaigners..... dare we ask why ?

Anyone care to comment ?

The government was arrogant enough to assume it would win, no matter what, or they just wanted to put the "six" through the ordeal just to teach "those protestors" a lesson.
Gerald
Advanced Member

Postby Toss » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:07 pm

Gerald wrote:The government was arrogant enough to assume it would win, no matter what, or they just wanted to put the "six" through the ordeal just to teach "those protestors" a lesson.

Sounds about right to me .... it was an old school political trick that failed miserably. The garda numbers were there, the threat was minimal and yet it was allowed to get louder and louder as decisions were made that enabled a flash point emerge. I have no doubt that the situation got out of hand to a degree (as no one was injured), but thats what happens when you throw petrol on a fire. Joan Burton and all those around her knew the risks, it appears they ignored the obvious and in an attempt to take one for the team ..... she has scored a monumentous own goal.

Many people have become far too comfortable in their lives to recognise the fact that they have a voice and that those in power are not always correct. There was a time that this type of trick would have worked, the papers would have spun the story and verbal evidence was all you had to go on .... but that is in the past now thanks to widespread use of phone cameras and telling lies in court will never beat actual video evidence of the event.

Comparing community representatives to criminals is the lowest form of scaremongering and the fact that so many played along with it is what I find the worrying. It would be very interesting if some of those involved in the prosecution were to break ranks under subsequent post trial pressure and announce they were just 'following orders'.... that is whats needed to stop this type of stunt ever being repeated again.

The right to object and protest has been maintained thanks to the defence and the jury in this case. It is vital that lessons are learned and not just by those in power ...... the people need to know it is ok to stand up for what you believe in and to object when those in power are not listening. If unscrupulous politicians and people in positions of power think they can bully the public into submission, then this is a big wake up call.

Toss

Postby Rocker » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:31 pm

Toss wrote:The right to object and protest has been maintained thanks to the defence and the jury in this case. It is vital that lessons are learned and not just by those in power ...... the people need to know it is ok to stand up for what you believe in and to object when those in power are not listening. If unscrupulous politicians and people in positions of power think they can bully the public into submission, then this is a big wake up call.

While I thought that it all got out of hand on the day, I am delighted with the result of the court case. I'm sure people will see the benefit of "people power" and peaceful protests.

I don't know what Joan Burton was playing at. She is a tough, intelligent person and I never had her for a vengeance seeker.

Imagine that if convicted Paul Murphy could have got life in prison!! I think he nailed it...they were out to get them. Well done the defense and jury.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Sinead » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:44 pm

Joan Burton and/or the Government had nothing to do with bringing this case.
It was the DPP and he/she, in my opinion used the wrong charge. It is right
that those charged were released as not guilty as charged.
Having said that, the protest was not peaceful and no one, no matter who they
has the right to detain another person unless holding them until the authorities
arrive, this was not the case. Had any of those in the car had a cardiac arrest
the protesters could have been facing murder/manslaughter charges.
I am in favour of legitimate protest, I have taken part in it myself over the
years but no person should be hindered during a protest.
These sentiments will not be popular I am sure but that is how I see it.
Would any of us like to be in a car surrounded by people with no way out?

Sinéad
Sinead

Postby Toss » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:45 pm

Sinead wrote:Joan Burton and/or the Government had nothing to do with bringing this case.
It was the DPP and he/she, in my opinion used the wrong charge. It is right
that those charged were released as not guilty as charged.
Having said that, the protest was not peaceful and no one, no matter who they
has the right to detain another person unless holding them until the authorities
arrive, this was not the case. Had any of those in the car had a cardiac arrest
the protesters could have been facing murder/manslaughter charges.
I am in favour of legitimate protest, I have taken part in it myself over the
years but no person should be hindered during a protest.
These sentiments will not be popular I am sure but that is how I see it.
Would any of us like to be in a car surrounded by people with no way out?

Sinéad

I don't think your opinion is unpopular Sinead, I'm sure many agree with you.

I am curious as to why Joan Burton is so quiet and that no reporter has asked her opinion on the outcome. However, seeing as they never asked her about the preparation (or the lack of) for her planned visit to Jobstown that day, I suppose they wont ask her now..... no more than anyone will ask the media why the defence videos were not shown from the start as they were freely available online.
Toss

Postby Denis Cromie » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:48 pm

I agree Sinéad,the wrong charges were brought. I wonder if these protesters would like their mother to be trapped in a car for 3 hours or so. I agree with peaceful protest but what happened in Jobstown went beyond that.
Denis Cromie
Ex-Chief Chocolate Enrober

Postby Toss » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:55 am

Denis Cromie wrote:I wonder if these protesters would like their mother to be trapped in a car for 3 hours or so. I agree with peaceful protest but what happened in Jobstown went beyond that.

This seems to be one of the big issues around this case ...... the reporting of Joan being trapped in a car for 3 hours. Did that actually happen ? three hours of people banging on the roof of her car and shouting abuse at her.

I was under the impression that the incident where her car was surrounded by protesters as the Gardai stood back only lasted a few minutes until they decided to take control. In an audio recording, Ms Burton can be heard telling her assistant she should go on social media and say it was shameful that children in the area were roaming free and unsupervised. This would suggest that Ms Burton was not as scared as people were led to believe.

The recordings of the Garda saying “It’s fairly dispersed. She’s making a good bit of progress. She’s only, only another 100 metres, not even 50 metres, from the Tallaght Bypass. There’s no pushing or shoving or anything. The Public Order Unit moved in there for a minute and there was a bit and they seem to have let them march ahead of their banner like.” his was also recorded “The Jeep could have went backwards ages ago but did not want to do that. …there’s no hassle really.” Joan changed cars three times as she left and that was ignored in favour of the three hour imprisonment story.

I think a clear timeline of events would paint a different picture and probably show how the situation got out of control and more crucially, how long the Minister was actually under threat as opposed to just being delayed egress by the crowd.

Like I said, the planning and preparations for this event have hardly been questioned or debated at all and the sensationalist reporting leaves a lot to be desired. There is no doubt that imprisoning anyone in a car is wrong, but so is knowingly allowing such a situation occur and we all know two wrongs dont make a right.
Toss

Postby Strum » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:32 pm

Strum
Administrator

Postby Toss » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:25 pm

HAHAHAHA the clique must be rattled ! ....... we dont want the sheeple to start thinking for themselves.
Toss

Postby Toss » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:40 pm

DLR COUNCILLORS have voted at this week’s council meeting to build private housing on council-owned land.

At the meeting of Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, a motion put forward by Cllr Hugh Lewis (PBP) in support of building social and affordable housing on council-owned land at Woodbrook-Shanganagh in Shankill was voted down by 40 votes to 7.

The motion read: “It shall be a priority of this Local Area Plan to substantially increase social and affordable housing across the area. To this end, the publicly-owned Shanganagh Castle lands shall be developed by the council for social and affordable housing.”

The majority of councillors voted against the motion and in support of a Labour party one that allowed a portion of private development on the site.

http://dublingazette.com/news/councillors-vote-social-housing-motion/

I wonder what size of a 'portion' of the Councils land will be allocated to private housing ?

The Labour Party, they are the gift that keeps giving as far as their opponents are concerned .... to hell with social housing, lets make sure our mates in the private sector get looked after first.
Toss

Postby Strum » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:22 pm

Ah ffsnakes. That's all I can say about this. 3000e a day. :o

http://www.irishlegal.com/7840/minister ... ck-trial/#
Strum
Administrator

Postby Toss » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:30 pm

Strum wrote:Ah ffsnakes. That's all I can say about this. 3000e a day. :o

http://www.irishlegal.com/7840/minister ... ck-trial/#

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: €3000 a day for failure :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: brilliant work, fair play to them ........ you have to admire how the Irish legal system works, its a masterclass in writing your own cheque and its easy to see why : nobody challenges them or is even bothered speaking up for fear of change.

If you are ever stuck for a few bob ...... there's loads of opportunities out there http://www.injury-compensation.ie/news/. I have to say I have been a complete fool, as I could have been a millionaire given the number of accidents I blamed on myself as opposed to making a spurious claim.
Toss

PreviousNext

Return to Politics