Water and other political issues.

Anything relating to politics whatsoever to be posted here specifically. You may start as many topics as you like.

Water and other political issues.

Postby grammer » Wed May 27, 2015 3:55 pm

The dreaded event has happened :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I got a water bill this morning

I'm not registered-I'm not metered-
the bill is €64.10 for
water supplied-€32.05
waste water removed-€32.05
period from 1st Jan '05 to 31Mar.
breakdown further
water supplied=€130/365 daysx90days=€32.05
waste water removed=€130/365 daysx90 days =€32.05
so there.
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Re: Somewhere to Chat.

Postby Jemser » Wed May 27, 2015 4:17 pm

Got the exact copy of that for my bill. Got it yesterday. scry scry scry
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best 1946-2005
Jemser
Quizmaster Supreme

Postby Sinead » Wed May 27, 2015 4:33 pm

I got mine as an unmetered customer.

Sinéad
Sinead
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby keeper » Wed May 27, 2015 5:01 pm

Same here,metered, not registered so billed as a 2 person household, but look at what you would have been charged if there was no cap, it's on the reverse of the bill,now that's the scary bit, know people their bill would have been in the hundreds just for 90 days, sign of the future you can look forward to after privatisation, it will no doubt be our biggest utility bill, over a grand a year easy when the cap etc are gone.
keeper

Postby Toss » Wed May 27, 2015 7:34 pm

keeper wrote:it will no doubt be our biggest utility bill, over a grand a year easy when the cap etc are gone.

Oh yeah ... and the joke is that by the time the big bills kick in, it will be too late aawhip anyone who replies or acknowledges these cheap bills will be in the system and thats all Enda and his two faced creeps want .... once they have you, its sale of the century time and DoB will be rubbing his hands with glee.

On a seperate issue, I normally have a holiday 'post' watch agreement with another local family .... this year we have ended up being away at the same time and our friends said no worries they would get An Post to hold their mail. So I checked, two weeks holidays, probably no more than a handful of mail and An Post want €45 for leaving it on a shelf in the sorting office :lol: they really are having a laugh.

I'm now wondering if theres an industry here, how much would you pay to have a person check your mail, secure your house every day during your hols and deal with any problems that may or may not arise ? €50 a week?
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss

Postby keeper » Thu May 28, 2015 8:45 am

Toss, I'm lucky enough to have good neighbours to do post watch for me as well. The An Post service is a rip off and is rendered useless by the avalanches of junk mail in spite of any notice on the door not to deliver leaflets, newspapers etc, I've followed all kinds of individuals down to road to give them back their junk, one particular take away I actually went and brought back a stack of menus, no apology just "girl can't read English" I think your plan would work but because of the junk mail the person being employed would have to check several times a day that your porch or hall is clear of mail. The undesirables leave in stuff and check back during the night to see if it has been picked up, but I agree with you, it could be a good little earner for an enterprising person.
keeper

Postby Rocker » Thu May 28, 2015 9:55 am

Now, I am I think Mrs average and i tell as few people as possible when I am going to be away. I certainly would not want a stranger to have my key and be able to walk around my house! unchecked. I got a fairly large post box outside the house and my neighbour has the key and takes the mail..as you say keeper the chancers leave the "collection docket" sticking out of the flap...I have seen this on many occasions.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Dancer » Fri May 29, 2015 10:45 am

I have keys to several neighbours houses and we mow each other's lawns ,take in post , water plants
etc when one or more of us is away. I have had children, aunts,uncles, grandparents , dogs et al all avail of B&B
in my house down through the years or when a neighbour was having a big party, the kids would sleep in my house so that the rellies could stay over at theirs. I wouldn't have it any other way! I just hope when I move now , I will share a similar experience in my new community.
xx Dancer xx

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.

Audrey Hepburn
Dancer
Deliciously,delectable, delightful Dancer

Postby Rocker » Fri May 29, 2015 11:30 am

Dancer, I hope you are moving over this way wuu wuu
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby jwdalk » Fri May 29, 2015 2:59 pm

I got my bill the other day - unmetered. They're going to have some trouble metering me, in fairness. The house is in a lane, about 100 metres from the road. There is a main going up the lane (as far as I know), but I'm not connected to that, my stopcock is on the main road. A few weeks ago a guy from IW came to the door to ask me to turn on a tap so they could identify which stopcock was mine. There's four stopcocks feeding five houses, and my main is shared with another house. The main runs under a drive and a garden, teeing off somewhere along the way to the second house before continuing on to mine. So, to put in a separate supply will require either digging up the lane, blocking local access as it's only wide enough for one car and coming under my garden for about 20 metres, or digging up a drive shared by four houses and digging up 30 or 40 metres of a neighbour's garden. When I asked the guy what they'd do he just shrugged and said that he'd report it to the office and that would be the end of his involvement. In fairness to him, he was friendly enough and said that it was far from the first time they'd come across this in the area and that the County Council had allowed the practice to happen for years.
Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what develops and if any digging is done on private property there will be before and after photos.
In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria
jwdalk
Advanced Member

Water and Irish Politics diluted.

Postby Strum » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:03 pm

I thought this might make an interesting Topic. :oops:

The mailing posts were part of the conversation in general chat. Anyway I got my bill posted to "The occupier" two weeks ago and I haven't opened it. Considering what I've read I can only guess what's on it. Maybe In the future in Court I can claim that I thought it was Spam?
Strum
Administrator

Re: Water.

Postby grammer » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:49 am

I think actually the Water thingy is history now-
People have resigned themselves to the fact -the charges are in-full stop -you can pay it this year next year or when ever
But they are part and parcel of the joys of living in Ireland today
Just like the bin charges
I think really it's time we copped on and stopped acting the maggot at weekends and pretending we/you/us are warriors of protest-and we are going to change the world-
Anyway Water is old hat now-
Judging by the posts on the site here
we are all up in arms and going to take to the streets re freedom of the press and the right to say what you like in the Dail.
Hopefully Catherine Murphy will turn out to be our Joan of Arc

Next week it will -hhmmmm lets see -the price of a haircut -jaaaazzzz its really getting expensive
We will soon be back to the days of letting it grow shoulder length again
those of use who have hair :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Strum » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:44 am

grammer wrote:I think actually the Water thingy is history now-

Ah I reckon too, terrible thing it was for a while when people got unnecessarily out of order for such a trivial issue.

Strum
Administrator

Postby Toss » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:12 am

Strum wrote:
grammer wrote:I think actually the Water thingy is history now-

Ah I reckon too, terrible thing it was for a while when people got unnecessarily out of order for such a trivial issue.

Ah sure it gave the uneducated classes something to do and stopped them proliferating for a while aawhip

Its will be interesting to see how the 'ah sure we have to pay' gang will react when the real IW charges start to kick in as the consultants fees and the cost of repairs to the network multiplies hourly ........ oh how we laughed at those fools protesting :oops:
Toss

Postby Rocker » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:40 am

Water or Watergate????...remains to be seen

who examined the awarding of the contract to Bord Gais.
How come as soon as they got the contract they changed the whole company name..
Who are siteserve and how do they fit into this.
Have the councils handed over the water infrastructure and staff to Irish Water.

just a few questions dripping in my mind....
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby grammer » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:16 am

Well we did great milage out of this subject-
So Alternatives please.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Gerald » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:25 pm

The water meter fairies are removing meters as requested. We should all gang together and unmeter DL. Bring your own screwdrivers:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/water/irish-water-crisis/rogue-group-of-fairies-will-come-and-make-your-water-meter-disappear-31271846.html
Gerald
Advanced Member

Postby Toss » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:32 pm

Gerald wrote:The water meter fairies are removing meters as requested. We should all gang together and unmeter DL. Bring your own screwdrivers:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/water/irish-water-crisis/rogue-group-of-fairies-will-come-and-make-your-water-meter-disappear-31271846.html

Well I suppose if you are a fairy who has a free house, a free education, a free doctor on call, a free hospital service and a non exhaustive list of readymade excuses / demands ......... why oh why should you even consider paying for water ????? THIS is what we have created here, while the clique have been helping themselves ... the fairies have been indulged, cajoled and basically allowed get away with whatever they want so long as they dont rock the boat.

Our current generation of fairies have learned that there is no consequence to criminal activity as its now an acceptable career with high rewards and a myriad of well paid support workers baying to defend (or help) them so as their own paymasters see how busy they are....... AS THE FAIRIES SAY ... ITS ALL GOOD IN DA HOOD :twisted:
Toss

Postby grammer » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:16 pm

Toss wrote:
Gerald wrote:The water meter fairies are removing meters as requested. We should all gang together and unmeter DL. Bring your own screwdrivers:

Well I suppose if you are a fairy who has a free house, a free education, a free doctor on call, a free hospital service and a non exhaustive list of readymade excuses / demands ......... why oh why should you even consider paying for water ????? THIS is what we have created here, while the clique have been helping themselves ... the fairies have been indulged, cajoled and basically allowed get away with whatever they want so long as they dont rock the boat.

Our current generation of fairies have learned that there is no consequence to criminal activity as its now an acceptable career with high rewards and a myriad of well paid support workers baying to defend (or help) them so as their own paymasters see how busy they are....... AS THE FAIRIES SAY ... ITS ALL GOOD IN DA HOOD :twisted:

Yep you got it there Toss -the cold hard facts of life.
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Gerald » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:01 pm

Gerald
Advanced Member

Postby grammer » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:21 pm

argueee argueee argueee argueee
Better hurry up folks only a few days left to sign up. :( :( :( :( :( :(
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Strum » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:32 pm

grammer wrote:Better hurry up folks only a few days left to sign up. :( :( :( :( :( :(

The Lisbon Treaty again. Let them decide first and if they don't tag along, MAKE them OBEY!
Our "Government" now is a dictatorship. :evil:
Strum
Administrator

Postby Toss » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:52 pm

Strum wrote:
grammer wrote:Better hurry up folks only a few days left to sign up. :( :( :( :( :( :(

The Lisbon Treaty again. Let them decide first and if they don't tag along, MAKE them OBEY!
Our "Government" now is a dictatorship. :evil:

Well it looks like our dictators-ship is sinking in a sea of unpaid water bills :lol:

After all the bullsh1t, spin and fear tactics .... does IW really think people just forgot to pay and will be rushing our tomorrow to make amends ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: AND :lol: again
Toss

Postby grammer » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:36 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I got another bill this morning :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They are being so polite in reminding us that -we have forgotten to pay --
If that big bull guy gets his way sooner or later the jackboot will be put in
both he and whats her name are talking the talk
Yes we are happy that people are paying up and others may have forgotten to pay up
"when they realize they havent paid they will be rushing down to pay" -now that we have reminded them-politely.
============================
So now we have a new political party-who are going to stop Irish Water in it's tracks-if the win the elections :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Gerald » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:07 pm

Gerald
Advanced Member

Next

Return to Politics