Water and other political issues.

Anything relating to politics whatsoever to be posted here specifically. You may start as many topics as you like.

Re: Water.

Postby Rocker » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:19 am

grammer wrote:The latest edition of IW bills are in the post.
Got one this morning
Total is €128.92
made up of
Last bill=€64.10
This bill=€64.82(they must be charging for postage :lol: :lol:)

:lol: :lol: They say it is a mortal sin to open those envelopes.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby keeper » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:51 pm

How is IW getting people's mobile numbers in spite of them not registering, also, a friend of mine got a landline call from them even though his number is ex directory and he hadn't registered dontknow
keeper
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Toss » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:58 pm

keeper wrote:How is IW getting people's mobile numbers in spite of them not registering, also, a friend of mine got a landline call from them even though his number is ex directory and he hadn't registered dontknow

I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you ........ privacy laws my a#se ;)
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss

Postby Toss » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:05 pm

I hear somthing like 20% of direct debits set up by customers to pay IW, have been cancelled wuu and still they (IW) spend fortunes on advertising and pushing this lost cause.

Another huge turn out at yesterdays protest, I wonder at what point will common sense prevail or are we going to see Edna leave the country in a worse financial state than all those he pointed the finger at ?????
Toss

Postby grammer » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:35 pm

Etna and his generals have gone to the bunker -
To plan a way out- I hear Japutty is nice at this time of year. :D :D :D :D :D
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Rocker » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:51 am

I really think Fine Gael thought the country was inhabited by gormless morons who would follow any lead. Thank God, there is a bit of back bone left in some of the people. It is never too late to stand up for your gorgeous little country.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Strum » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:48 pm

Rocker wrote:I really think Fine Gael thought the country was inhabited by gormless morons who would follow any lead.

They still do Rocker. What about the ridiculous statement made last week on RTE, I don't know his name but doncha have to laugh or cry or shake your head at "people" in "politics" with statements like "Five Olympic swimming pools of Water" SAVED to fix leakages per DAY! 660,430 gallons (I looked it up) of water SAVED since people started paying!
Sorry to swear but I'm fkn lost folks??? What does any of that even mean? Water SAVED? Where? To fix leakages? Water to fix leakages?
Leakages repaired FROM the revenue of the payments, I think the Moron meant but why the stupid comparison to Five Olympic swimming pools of Water instead of approx 700,000 gallons? For effect? Because they know there are enough gullible suckers out there will go WOW that much water saved!
Strum
Administrator

Postby Rocker » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:20 pm

The gobishIte probably doesn't know that most of us have never seen an Olympic size swimming pool in Ireland. There isn't one in Blackrock....gosh, that is right there is no swimming pool of any size in Blackrock...ther isn't one in Dún Laoghaire either. But, sure who would want to swim,??? we are keeping fit marching to Dublin to protest about the daft IW set up.

P.S they are only TALKING about the leaks NOONE is FIXING them>>>>they have NO MONEY and there is still the ......is it the Council or is it yourself or maybe you Dad or maybe a friend who will fix the leak ?????? but, deffo not IW.

As me Ma would say "talk is cheap".
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Strum » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:42 pm

Rocker wrote:As me Ma would say "talk is cheap".

Spot on Rocker, it's they way they spin it!
Strum
Administrator

Postby grammer » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:37 am

Got me conservation grant app form in the post this morning
better get in for me 100 € as quick as possible-
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby jabra » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:47 pm

Woo hoo lucky you
Return it quick
Don't miss a trick
Jabra
jabra
Advanced Member

Postby gingertom » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:47 am

Where do you fit it in to this issue? I have paid.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics ... -1.2368837
zingerberi capillus et bene moratus.
gingertom
Advanced Member

Postby Toss » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:53 am

gingertom wrote:Where do you fit it in to this issue? I have paid.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics ... -1.2368837

What people do and what they say are rarely the same ........ as it stands now, I have not paid or signed up as I think the water system is not fit for purpose and the costs of repair is not discussed or known (would you buy an old damaged car without knowing the costs of repair required?). I am also disgusted at the vulgar waste of taxpayers money on establishing and promoting IW while people are dying on hospital trollies and homeless on the streets. Finally, I am old school in that I believe Irish Water should be free of charge to all outside of the for profit business sector.

This country has been sold out from under the peoples noses and the industries that were once seen as Irish to the core, now owned by the multi-nationals. Has it ever been revealed what companies in the drinks industry pay for all the water they use? would it be equitable and fair when compared to what is being charged to Joe Public ? what does Mr Diageo pay for all the water he uses to make drinks to be sold abroad at a nice little profit ?

For what its worth, I am more than willing to pay for my water..... but I see no practical plan of action to turn a plentiful natural resource into a profitable enterprise for the people of Ireland. Why cant we build a state of the art water recycling facility in the shannon basin and establish ourselves as independent water traders with the profits used to offset the cost of our own water supply.... thus creating jobs dontknow put me down as a conscientious objector.
Toss

Postby slipper » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:08 pm

Hear hear! Toss,sound man y'are! thumleft thumbright
slipper
Advanced Member

Postby Strum » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:45 pm

Toss wrote:
gingertom wrote:Why cant we build a state of the art water recycling facility in the shannon basin and establish ourselves as independent water traders with the profits used to offset the cost of our own water supply.... thus creating jobs dontknow put me down as a conscientious objector.

Well said as always Toss.

Looks like those big belly bins were/are being abused, I saw last week there are two new slots instead of the tray. Well that doesn't surprise me in this country. I was wondering why I saw 3 plastic shopping bags of grass cuttings lying beside one of them a few weeks ago..fksnakes, grass clippings? They couldn't get them in with the new slots no doubt. Jaze whater we like!
I was watching Ecoeye on RTE a while back and in Norway you get paid for your rubbish. A man and his daughter demonstrated how it works with a bag of drink cans. You have a credid card, you pop it into the rubbish bin then drop your rubbish in, it weighs it and pays you then and there. They were paid 22 euros for about 50 drink cans...yep no exaggeration.
Imagine that here in Ireland, people would be dropping house bricks in the bins to up the weight, wouldn't they!

Rubbish alone is worth millions, maybe billions and it gets shipped out of here to east european countries who make a fortune out of it.
For instance I was chatting to two polish lads emptying the drink can bin a while back and asked them, what if I threw the dogfood cans in there? and they laughed.
I got some insight from them I can tell you. They told me it doesn't matter what goes in the bin, people throw everything and anything into them if the others are full, bottles, clothes, food slops you name it, but it doesnt matter they just empty it when it's full, bring it to a depot here that crushes everything into blocks to be shipped off in containers. The blocks got to a smelting plant and anything organic is burned off to create power, and the metals and glass form seperate layers, all worth fortunes.

So we fools here sell off everything, forests, water, gas, oil, rubbish etc and I was saying this to somebody and they said but we can't afford to build refineries or recycling plants. Well the other countries that get all our resources CAN! So personally I don't think there's any argument there. Our government obviously think it's easier to just sell it all off and take a slice off it.
What a bunch of of assho*es our representatives are. What makes my blood really boil is....

D E M O C R A C Y. A system of government in which power is vested in the people, who rule either directly or through freely elected representatives.

W H A T A J O K E! :evil:
Strum
Administrator

Postby Toss » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:25 pm

Strum wrote:
Toss wrote:
gingertom wrote:Why cant we build a state of the art water recycling facility in the shannon basin and establish ourselves as independent water traders with the profits used to offset the cost of our own water supply.... thus creating jobs dontknow put me down as a conscientious objector.

Well said as always Toss.

Looks like those big belly bins were/are being abused, I saw last week there are two new slots instead of the tray. Well that doesn't surprise me in this country. I was wondering why I saw 3 plastic shopping bags of grass cuttings lying beside one of them a few weeks ago..fksnakes, grass clippings? They couldn't get them in with the new slots no doubt. Jaze whater we like!
I was watching Ecoeye on RTE a while back and in Norway you get paid for your rubbish. A man and his daughter demonstrated how it works with a bag of drink cans. You have a credid card, you pop it into the rubbish bin then drop your rubbish in, it weighs it and pays you then and there. They were paid 22 euros for about 50 drink cans...yep no exaggeration.
Imagine that here in Ireland, people would be dropping house bricks in the bins to up the weight, wouldn't they!

Rubbish alone is worth millions, maybe billions and it gets shipped out of here to east european countries who make a fortune out of it.
For instance I was chatting to two polish lads emptying the drink can bin a while back and asked them, what if I threw the dogfood cans in there? and they laughed.
I got some insight from them I can tell you. They told me it doesn't matter what goes in the bin, people throw everything and anything into them if the others are full, bottles, clothes, food slops you name it, but it doesnt matter they just empty it when it's full, bring it to a depot here that crushes everything into blocks to be shipped off in containers. The blocks got to a smelting plant and anything organic is burned off to create power, and the metals and glass form seperate layers, all worth fortunes.

So we fools here sell off everything, forests, water, gas, oil, rubbish etc and I was saying this to somebody and they said but we can't afford to build refineries or recycling plants. Well the other countries that get all our resources CAN! So personally I don't think there's any argument there. Our government obviously think it's easier to just sell it all off and take a slice off it.
What a bunch of of assho*es our representatives are. What makes my blood really boil is....

D E M O C R A C Y. A system of government in which power is vested in the people, who rule either directly or through freely elected representatives.

W H A T A J O K E! :evil:

wuu wuu wuu wuu wuu wuu wuu wuu wuu wuu wuu

The great recycle con job ...... I have been to Ballyogan on the odd occasion and it always sickens me to see what people are throwing out. Like your story Strum, I had a chat with one of the boys up there (eastern european at a guess as Paddy obviously thinks this type of work is beneath him) and lets just say he loves the benefits of his job. Our politicians are basically are giving away all the things that our forefathers fought for .... the Government is already owned by the EU, our industries are all subsidaries of major multinationals and no longer Irish, our Water is about to be auctioned off. Switch on your TV and before you know it, you are lining Richard Bransons pockets through Virgin Media ...... yet nobody in power will ask why we cannot look after ourselves ? just like a drug dealer grooms and eventually owns his clients, we are very very close to being owned as a country.
Toss

Postby gingertom » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:33 pm

I do not want to pay for water.I object to the law being changed to make it such too.Yes we paid for it through tax historically.Now we are billed without escape from payment and yes the whole method of doing this was and is an unholy mess to say the least.Again I say we got the government we deserved as the electorate shouted at the last election.Yes our recycling is a valuable commodity and incidentially most of it is shipped to China for processing.I would imagine information such as charges for water to a company such as Diageo would quite correctly claim legal privilege over such data. Look, our political class has been allowed to do what it wants for decades.When a serving Minister can command the use of stretched Garda resources to catch a plane while gangs of burglars roam the country to seek out their prey. This clearly shows the attitude of our leaders to all of us.There is a groundswell of young people out there who are sick of this activity.So many with the recent marriage equality vote registered to do so for the first time.They will use it at the next eleection, I hope in a positive fashion. It is the old attitude held by older generations who have shaped the political course in Ireland, that we must vote the same people same party at every general election....this is what has help to damage Ireland over the years and allowed abominations such as the creation of water charges.Sometimes the balance of power was held by some independents and was used to have some kudos at the parish pump.The politicians know they will be returned no matter what they do and they know this only too well.
zingerberi capillus et bene moratus.
gingertom
Advanced Member

Postby Strum » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:46 pm

gingertom wrote:The politicians know they will be returned no matter what they do and they know this only too well.

THAT my friend is the root of it all! :evil:
Strum
Administrator

Postby Navanman » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:46 pm

So they found water on Mars - historical day I would say!

NM
Navanman

Postby Strum » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:31 pm

Navanman wrote:So they found water on Mars - historical day I would say!

NM

I dunno NM, personally speaking, so what? It's not a source, it's most likely more like acid rain than "water" the place is uninhabitable, so I don't get why it's so amazing, "water" molecules on another Planet, so what?
Untold billions has been, and is been spent by the minute into space exploration and we can't even look after where we already are. :roll: :D

ho2.JPG
ho2.JPG (82.55 KiB) Viewed 1278 times
Strum
Administrator

Postby Navanman » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:23 am

God you are very negative Strum. It can be another place to visit on my bucket list. Be positive man.

NM
Navanman

Postby slipper » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:27 pm

I'm with Strum on this one! BangHead BangHead BangHead
slipper
Advanced Member

Postby Strum » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:28 pm

Navanman wrote:It can be another place to visit on my bucket list. Be positive man.
NM

Ok you're right, I'll start saving for my flight. Although a walk through the Gobi desert without a spacesuit, oxygen tank and lead boots would be cheaper. Sorry mate but a trip to Mars is to infinity and beyond me. :D
Strum
Administrator

Postby Strum » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:03 am

Brilliant. Since the introduction of the Water charges 1200 leaks have been fixed and we have SAVED Water. Nice one. 8-)
Strum
Administrator

Postby Rocker » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:11 am

Strum wrote:Brilliant. Since the introduction of the Water charges 1200 leaks have been fixed and we have SAVED Water. Nice one. 8-)

The media spin is really doing my head in. They are making the Council workers appear as if they sat on their asses all day and did nothing about the water. I know the hardship they worked under with lack of investment, crap pipes, faulty systems. They were working morning, noon and night to keep the water system going and now the same sh!ts who woldn't put any resources into the infrastructure are sitting in their Ivory Towers looking out at the Gormless masses and saying ...now which of the Gobshites will we slur today....anyone but ourselves....The leak on my road which I reported about seven years ago is still leaking and the leak at the roundabout at TEK which leaks when everyone turns off their taps at about one in the morning is still seeping away....sure its only water......
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

PreviousNext

Return to Politics