Water and other political issues.

Anything relating to politics whatsoever to be posted here specifically. You may start as many topics as you like.

Re: Water.

Postby Navanman » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:04 am

Toss wrote:https://video-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xft1/v/t43.1792-2/11733067_1612797945650414_1012887306_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjE1MDAsInJsYSI6MTYxM30%3D&rl=1500&vabr=414&oh=6b2af309e741903d9b62f4904aa71d9b&oe=55D6016C

Is it fake ?

anyone care to comment

I cannot open this Toss.

Yes I see my free €100 may be gone down the drain.

NM
Navanman
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby grammer » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:45 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Never believe anything you see or read on FCbook :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Our Leerless Feeders are working away- burning the midnight oil-coming up with a solution that will satisfy the faithful.
So just take the 100€ and smile- wuu wuu wuu wuu wuu
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Toss » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:49 am

Navanman wrote:
Toss wrote:https://video-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xft1/v/t43.1792-2/11733067_1612797945650414_1012887306_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjE1MDAsInJsYSI6MTYxM30%3D&rl=1500&vabr=414&oh=6b2af309e741903d9b62f4904aa71d9b&oe=55D6016C
Is it fake ?
anyone care to comment

I cannot open this Toss.
Yes I see my free €100 may be gone down the drain.
NM

It appears Big Brother was not happy and the video was removed by the Internet provider, probably under the instruction of the same people that will not allow any mainstream media show it. Basically, it was a different view of the actual Tallaght visit by St Joan and showed how twisted the reporting of the incident is and was. In the commentary, a student explains that her class and fellow graduates had (well in advance) objected to the Minister attending and their wishes were ignored.

It shows the amount of Garda present (armed with batons and pepper sprays etc) and how they stood back allowing the supposedly 'violent protesting rabble #' have a pop at the Minister. It is clear that there was always going to be a conflict when you have a situation where the wishes of the students and local community are ignored in favour of Ministerial grandstanding. It certainly is scary to see how much power is being weilded by the Government in this whole affair, it appears there is no limit to the lenghts they will go to to get their way. This level of supression is dangerous as it breeds frustration and unrest, if you defy local communities then sooner or later .... you are opening the door for someone to go in there and fan the flames even further until it all explodes.

The whole IW saga has been mismanaged from the very start and I can't see any way back. The protesters are still there, the Garda are under pressure from all angles and those that are charged with running the country are so caught up in their own individual political preservation that they cannot see what is happening in front of them.

# The protesters were numbered at about 30 mainly middle aged women and kids, shouting at someone who was not welcome by the majority in their community..... real threat and imminent danger could not be further from the truth.
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss

Postby Rocker » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:38 am

I always go back to basics when I try to understand a situation.

Power corrupts, all governments are made up of people who crave power, many at any cost.
Decisions made by governments are not for the good of the people....dress them up or gloss them over as you will...always a hidden adgenda.
The people of any country are just the puppets and the cash cow for greed and power....sadly even corruption.
Why would Ireland be any different ?????. Centuries of history have examples.

People in power always exert their power on the little man and it is usually done within the "law" of the country and fear is always the weapon. Infamous people like Pol Pot, Hitler, Nicolae Ceausescu are extreme examples but, power corrupts...first principle.

Is there a decent leader anywhere in the world???

On a more mundane level the IW saga will continue. Now, isn't that very deep for a Friday morning ??
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby gingertom » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:39 am

I would imagine that the video content was removed because the matter is before the courts and was correctly taken down so as not to prejudice the courts inquiry either way.
zingerberi capillus et bene moratus.
gingertom
Advanced Member

Postby Toss » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:40 pm

gingertom wrote:I would imagine that the video content was removed because the matter is before the courts and was correctly taken down so as not to prejudice the courts inquiry either way.

Who decides what is acceptable to be shown to the public and what is not, the previous edited footage of the Ministers car being surrounded is still freely available online dontknow

I am not sure how the prejudce issue arises tbh as this is not a jury case and all involved are professionals, are we to believe that the judge would not be influenced by RTE news et al, but would be by a video on the Internet ... or is it that the public would be the ones influenced by the video (yet they have no input on the decision). I am missing something here (probably a brain :roll: ) and in all honesty, I am probably not the only one and this is where the state is in danger of pushing joe public over the edge.

Also, I have yet to hear anyone talk about the ramifications of this charge if upheld ...... are we to see similar scenarios like GAA fans facing court for surrounding and imprisoning a ref in his car after a match as has happened many many times ?
Toss

Postby gingertom » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:29 pm

Toss wrote:
gingertom wrote:I would imagine that the video content was removed because the matter is before the courts and was correctly taken down so as not to prejudice the courts inquiry either way.

Who decides what is acceptable to be shown to the public and what is not, the previous edited footage of the Ministers car being surrounded is still freely available online dontknow

I am not sure how the prejudce issue arises tbh as this is not a jury case and all involved are professionals, are we to believe that the judge would not be influenced by RTE news et al, but would be by a video on the Internet ... or is it that the public would be the ones influenced by the video (yet they have no input on the decision). I am missing something here (probably a brain :roll: ) and in all honesty, I am probably not the only one and this is where the state is in danger of pushing joe public over the edge.

Also, I have yet to hear anyone talk about the ramifications of this charge if upheld ...... are we to see similar scenarios like GAA fans facing court for surrounding and imprisoning a ref in his car after a match as has happened many many times ?

Prejdice may arise with or without a jury present at court.Freedom of speech is a balanced right relative to that of the right to privacy or one's good name.It is not an absolute right.
gingertom
Advanced Member

Postby grammer » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:17 pm

Toss wrote

Yes why not- dontknow dontknow dontknow
I take it Toss that the last part of the sentence re GAA fans is tongue in cheek :lol: :lol: :lol:
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby gingertom » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:27 pm

grammer wrote:Toss wrote

I take it Toss that the last part of the sentence re GAA fans is tongue in cheek :lol: :lol: :lol:

From the Constitution Art 40.6.1

6 1° The State guarantees liberty for the exercise of the following rights, subject to public order and morality: –

i The right of the citizens to express freely their convictions and opinions.

The education of public opinion being, however, a matter of such grave import to the common good, the State shall endeavour to ensure that organs of public opinion, such as the radio, the press, the cinema, while preserving their rightful liberty of expression, including criticism of Government policy, shall not be used to undermine public order or morality or the authority of the State.

The publication or utterance of blasphemous, seditious, or indecent matter is an offence which shall be punishable in accordance with law.

ii The right of the citizens to assemble peaceably and without arms.

Provision may be made by law to prevent or control meetings which are determined in accordance with law to be calculated to cause a breach of the peace or to be a danger or nuisance to the general public and to prevent or control meetings in the vicinity of either House of the Oireachtas.

iii The right of the citizens to form associations and unions.

Laws, however, may be enacted for the regulation and control in the public interest of the exercise of the foregoing right.

2° Laws regulating the manner in which the right of forming associations and unions and the right of free assembly may be exercised shall contain no political, religious or class discrimination.

:|
gingertom
Advanced Member

Postby Toss » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:29 pm

Depends on whose tongue is in whose cheek ..... seriously though, I have seen refs lucky to get away alive from a variety of sporting events :twisted: :lol:

GT ... I'm lost can you explain what exactly is the prejudice in the showing one video of an event and not the other of the same event ? I get your point about Freedom of speech being a balanced right relative to that of the right to privacy or one's good name but in this case one edited video in favour of the Minister seems to be acceptable and another video of the same event is being denied .... wheres the freedon of speech there? Please dont quote laws, as Im finding it hard to decipher.
Toss

Postby gingertom » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:45 pm

It is up to the considering court (Judge) to determine what is prejudicial.Such determination is subject to privilege, which subjects it to be protected from view, to all others excepting, the court officers directly involved. Court officers, being the legal practitioners and the Parties.
gingertom
Advanced Member

Postby gingertom » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:51 pm

Toss wrote:

Depends on whose tongue is in whose cheek ..... seriously though, I have seen refs lucky to get away alive from a variety of sporting events :twisted: :lol:

GT ... I'm lost can you explain what exactly is the prejudice in the showing one video of an event and not the other of the same event ? I get your point about Freedom of speech being a balanced right relative to that of the right to privacy or one's good name but in this case one edited video in favour of the Minister seems to be acceptable and another video of the same event is being denied .... wheres the freedon of speech there? Please dont quote laws, as Im finding it hard to decipher.

It is a matter for the courts now. Let them decide.The chronology of the occurrence of events will be a factor, as will be the admissibility of all evidence.
gingertom
Advanced Member

Postby grammer » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:40 am

Somehow I get the feeling that the above discussion is a little off kilter and slightly leaning to the left.
If one vid can be edited so can another-it's not a big deal.
It seems to me the xxxt is hitting the fan-
Whether the courts decide to make an example and punish wrongdoers or not.
Wrong is Wrong and fancy words dont turn wrong into right-
Just a thought -will WE have to pay for the legal eagles who will defend the suspected wrongdoers (if that word is allowed)????
This PC xxitt is getting harder to live with.
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Rocker » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:14 am

Johnny Public always has to pay the legal costs.Every time I see prisoners making appeals. Refugees seeking asylum, your ordinary commener garden hood up on a case........I tot up the free (???????????????????????????????????????) legal aid cost. BangHead BangHead Of course we have to pay the free(?????????????) legal aid costs, it is only free to the lad/lassie in the suit (most of whom, poor unfortunates, fall through the tax paying loop).
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby gingertom » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:06 pm

grammer wrote:Somehow I get the feeling that the above discussion is a little off kilter and slightly leaning to the left.
If one vid can be edited so can another-it's not a big deal.
It seems to me the xxxt is hitting the fan-
Whether the courts decide to make an example and punish wrongdoers or not.
Wrong is Wrong and fancy words dont turn wrong into right-
Just a thought -will WE have to pay for the legal eagles who will defend the suspected wrongdoers (if that word is allowed)????
This PC xxitt is getting harder to live with.

The courts will determine who is wrong, nobody else.I am referring to the issue before the courts as a whole.The court will take everything into consideration and then decide.Case law precedent will be considered too.Sensationalism, similiar to what has been alluded to above, will be disregarded also.Legal aid may be granted under certain qualifying conditions to the defendants.The key here is the outcome and how it may affect aspects of our personal rights under the constitution.The right to protest peaceably, freedom of expression and possibly some others.I reiterate that these rights are not absolute but are balanced against other constitutional rights of equal importance.
gingertom
Advanced Member

Postby Strum » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:21 pm

GT wrote:The publication or utterance of blasphemous, seditious, or indecent matter is an offence.

Ah but what exactly is blasphemous, seditious, or indecent matter? Indecent matter, fair enough I think that speaks for itself but blasphemous and seditious? Where is the line drawn?

Are peaceful protesters seditious?
If I said God is a joke, is that blasphemy? Against who? God believers, that's all.
If I say Ender Penny is a wank*r, is that character assassination? To who? Him? Can I be "done" in court for that remark? Defamation of character? No, only if he doesn't have a d*ck!

So eh, where do you draw the line. Grammer's right, I'm sick of this PS BS. I say what I think and if people don't like it I couldn't give a flying flock about it as long as I stay within the boundaries of blasphemous, seditious, or indecent matter.
Please don't get me wrong, I'm all ears always and well open for positive criticism or correction, just don't try and beat me into it. :mrgreen:

I'll tell you what I do seriously think. My Mother in her last ten years or so repeatedly would say to me, "Son the world has gone mad" (that was in the 90's)
You know what Ma? You should see it now since the introduction of "smart" technology. :D
Strum
Administrator

Postby gingertom » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:48 pm

Strum wrote:
GT wrote:The publication or utterance of blasphemous, seditious, or indecent matter is an offence.

Ah but what exactly is blasphemous, seditious, or indecent matter? Indecent matter, fair enough I think that speaks for itself but blasphemous and seditious? Where is the line drawn?
If I said God is a joke, is that blasphemy? Against who? God believers, that's all. If I say Ender Penny is a wank*r, is that character assassination? To who? His followers, that's all.
So eh, where do you draw the line. Grammer's right, I'm sick of this PS BS. I say what I think and if people don't like it I couldn't give a flying flock about it as long as I stay within the boundaries of blasphemous, seditious, or indecent matter.
I'll tell you what I do seriously think. My Mother in her last ten years or so repeatedly would say to me, "Son the world has gone mad"
You know what ma, you didn't realise just how much. :D

There is very limited common law precedent in this area. Article 44 of the constitution is the basis of this in Irish law.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/bl ... 19283.html

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/s ... sphemy-law
ARTICLE 44

1 The State acknowledges that the homage of public worship is due to Almighty God. It shall hold His Name in reverence, and shall respect and honour religion.

2 1° Freedom of conscience and the free profession and practice of religion are, subject to public order and morality, guaranteed to every citizen.

2° The State guarantees not to endow any religion.

3° The State shall not impose any disabilities or make any discrimination on the ground of religious profession, belief or status.

4° Legislation providing State aid for schools shall not discriminate between schools under the management of different religious denominations, nor be such as to affect prejudicially the right of any child to attend a school receiving public money without attending religious instruction at that school.

5° Every religious denomination shall have the right to manage its own affairs, own, acquire and administer property, movable and immovable, and maintain institutions for religious or charitable purposes.

6° The property of any religious denomination or any educational institution shall not be diverted save for necessary works of public utility and on payment of compensation.

FYI.
gingertom
Advanced Member

Postby gingertom » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:02 pm

gingertom wrote:
Strum wrote:

If I said God is a joke, is that blasphemy? Against who? God believers, that's all. If I say Ender Penny is a wank*r, is that character assassination? To who? His followers, that's all.
I'll tell you what I do seriously think. My Mother in her last ten years or so repeatedly would say to me, "Son the world has gone mad"
You know what ma, you didn't realise just how much. :D

There is very limited common law precedent in this area. Article 44 of the constitution is the basis of this in Irish law.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/bl ... 19283.html

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/s ... sphemy-law
ARTICLE 44

1 The State acknowledges that the homage of public worship is due to Almighty God. It shall hold His Name in reverence, and shall respect and honour religion.

2 1° Freedom of conscience and the free profession and practice of religion are, subject to public order and morality, guaranteed to every citizen.

2° The State guarantees not to endow any religion.

3° The State shall not impose any disabilities or make any discrimination on the ground of religious profession, belief or status.

4° Legislation providing State aid for schools shall not discriminate between schools under the management of different religious denominations, nor be such as to affect prejudicially the right of any child to attend a school receiving public money without attending religious instruction at that school.

5° Every religious denomination shall have the right to manage its own affairs, own, acquire and administer property, movable and immovable, and maintain institutions for religious or charitable purposes.

6° The property of any religious denomination or any educational institution shall not be diverted save for necessary works of public utility and on payment of compensation.

FYI.

I am merely illustrating what the law is on this matter. Not stating a view.
gingertom
Advanced Member

Postby Strum » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:06 pm

Ah GT, I can say whatever I like about denominations which should be freedom of speech, but I do not knock people for their faiths ever. I may not agree but I only draw the line like everybody else I suppose with single-minded fundamentalism.
But isn't that single-minded fundamentalism on my part? Mad world is right! :D
Strum
Administrator

Postby gingertom » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:26 pm

Strum, I completely respect your views. I apply this to all contributors on this public forum.You only have to look at the preamble of the 1937 Constitution to see the context in which it was written, by that I mean the political and religious establishments' view of what the Irish Republic should espouse to.It is still on the statute books as we now converse and discuss and therfore the law.I have said here that the main problem is that our politicians have failed to adress what I would loosely term as anomalies in our laws because of the fast paced social change over the past couple of decades here in Ireland.
gingertom
Advanced Member

Postby Strum » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:31 pm

gingertom wrote: our politicians have failed to adress what I would loosely term as anomalies in our laws

I would say "handy loopholes" when it suits whoever. If you have enough money there's a loophole for you.

I think scream and shout all you want and it changes little. Here we go again with elections, on our big fat merry-go-round, who to vote for, none, spoiled, independent, FF, FG, SF, FO, blah blah...
Change in Government? What annoys me is that there are independents out there who I would definitely give a vote to but they are not in my constituency.
Why can I democratically not vote for anybody I like in the country as a citizen of the state? Why am I confined in my vote to a particular area?
Thanks for all the feedback GT. ;)
Strum
Administrator

Postby Toss » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:03 am

Strum wrote:Why can I democratically not vote for anybody I like in the country as a citizen of the state? Why am I confined in my vote to a particular area?

For the same reasons electoral borders are regularly moved .... the keep the clique in the game. Its a well known move to change electoral boundaries after elections as the results will show voting trends in each area and if say an Independent is getting too powerful a vote, then its an easy move to make and you basically split his voters into two areas thus halving his vote. My electoral border has changed three times in the last decade I think and on each occasion, the Sinn Fein vote was the target. The other thing they do is to run a high number of candidates in order to split more votes and muddy the waters. The bottom line is that the same three amigos (FF,FG and D'Labradors) happily play musical chairs to the tune of Lanigans Ball at each election safe in the knowledge that their turn will come and its state pensions, mercs n perks all around wuu
Toss

Postby Strum » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:58 am

Thanks Toss, excuse my ignorance and naivety, I'm lernin' about "politics" a bit late maybe, and to no avail yet, same old sh*te all my life, morons in "government" screwing the people with no regard for the people.

I spent 2 hours today in hospital on a visit to a dear friend that the STATE made into a monster with prescribed medicines when he was 14 years of age, and continue to feed him with the same sht because they don't know now how to undo the damage they have caused to this child, now 20, in the first place. He is only one of thousands of medicated children now. Grrr!

My Grandfather is screaming at me. Say what you feel and stick with it.
I'm going to start a blog on Wordpress and see how far I can get without predudice. Keep you posted.
In the meantime keep my so-called local reprepresentatives, RBB and that Karl wan*er out of my face. They share the same assho*e.
Whatever happened to an individual who can stand on a podium and speak from the heart?
Strum
Administrator

Postby gingertom » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:44 pm

Strum wrote:Thanks Toss, excuse my ignorance and naivety, I'm lernin' about "politics" a bit late maybe, and to no avail yet, same old sh*te all my life, morons in "government" screwing the people with no regard for the people.

I spent 2 hours today in hospital on a visit to a dear friend that the STATE made into a monster with prescribed medicines when he was 14 years of age, and continue to feed him with the same sht because they don't know now how to undo the damage they have caused to this child, now 20, in the first place. He is only one of thousands of medicated children now. Grrr!

My Grandfather is screaming at me. Say what you feel and stick with it.
I'm going to start a blog on Wordpress and see how far I can get without predudice. Keep you posted.
In the meantime keep my so-called local reprepresentatives, RBB and that Karl wan*er out of my face. They share the same assho*e.
Whatever happened to an individual who can stand on a podium and speak from the heart?

Super, when you do provide us with the details please Strum. :D
gingertom
Advanced Member

Postby grammer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:13 pm

The latest edition of IW bills are in the post.
Got one this morning
Total is €128.92
made up of
Last bill=€64.10
This bill=€64.82(they must be charging for postage :lol: :lol:)
grammer
The Spoon

PreviousNext

Return to Politics