Water and other political issues.

Anything relating to politics whatsoever to be posted here specifically. You may start as many topics as you like.

Re: Water.

Postby Strum » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:02 pm

Yep Ger, on the head.

so much faecal matter of the bull variety

I like that. :D
Strum
Administrator

Postby Toss » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:22 pm

Yep ... its game on now and the harder the Government push, the more they will suffer. There are people out there who have been in denial about whats been going on, but the more these guys are exposed .... the more the penny is dropping :lol:

I see theres finally some pressure being put on SIPTU who have refused to support the water protests .... because their very own Joe O'Flynn is on the Board of Ervia / IW :lol:
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
Toss
Somewhere over the rainbow

Postby grammer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:14 am

This vid. was probably up before
but just to remind you all
the future
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Toss » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:13 am

grammer wrote:This vid. was probably up before
but just to remind you all
the future

Thats all lies and to pick on a Coca Cola factory is a disgrace ..... theres no way such a flavoursome healthy drink could ever endanger us, in fact I think we should have a quiet word with the Minister for Health remind him of Cokes magical qualities :

Theres about as much chance of that lovely lady lying to you as there is of the Government selling IW to Denis O'Brien ...... oh wait hang on :twisted:
Toss

Postby keeper » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:14 pm

Just heard Alan Kelly on the 6one, what planet is he on :shock: the top Eurostat people have just told us Irish Water is a shambles and he says he doesn't agree with their report, but what's the odds future figures will be "massaged " to meet Eurostat's requirements eventually :twisted: :twisted:
keeper

Postby Toss » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:02 pm

keeper wrote:Just heard Alan Kelly on the 6one, what planet is he on :shock: the top Eurostat people have just told us Irish Water is a shambles and he says he doesn't agree with their report, but what's the odds future figures will be "massaged " to meet Eurostat's requirements eventually :twisted: :twisted:

I'm so glad I spoiled my vote at the last general election by writing 'none of the above' on my slip. How anyone can defend the ineptitude of those in charge is beyond me.
Toss

Postby Micheál » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:52 pm

On the other hand . . .

Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby grammer » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:04 am

sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Rocker » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:31 am

Micheál and Grammer lots to think about there. Thank you both.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Strum » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:41 pm

Strum
Administrator

Postby Gerald » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:06 pm

Yep. Excellent analysis
Gerald
Advanced Member

Postby Toss » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:35 pm

The truth will out and I have to say that this line in that opinion sums the whole debacle up for me : The image they sought to create was of a competent, responsible Government, unfairly hassled by ignorant people........ a prime example of this was the stage managed imprisonment of St Joan Burton in her luxury bulletproof state car by a handful of protesters. Nothing will change, because we have gone from being the land of saints and scholars to now being the land of ....spoofers and scammers BangHead
Toss

Postby Strum » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:39 pm

Toss wrote:we have gone from being the land of saints and scholars to now being the land of ....spoofers and scammers BangHead

Ain't that the truth Toss! If they can do it and get away with it with impunity, why can't we?
Strum
Administrator

Postby grammer » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:46 am

Dont forget to apply for your water conservation grant :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
grammer
The Spoon

Postby Rocker » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:52 pm

grammer wrote:Dont forget to apply for your water conservation grant :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think Revenue is going to write to me and ask me to do so. It will be a welcome surprise, :o I'll be tapping the Revenue for a few bob.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
Rocker
Globetrotter

Postby Strum » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:13 pm

grammer wrote:Dont forget to apply for your water conservation grant :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Is that the 100 squid bribery thing?
Strum
Administrator

Postby Navanman » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:48 pm

We received a letter from IW saying we are exempt from paying anything (we are on a septic tank and group water scheme) but we are still entitled to our €100 rebate. So I am up €100. Here's to a good night out for free.

NM
Navanman

Postby Toss » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:23 pm

Navanman wrote:We received a letter from IW saying we are exempt from paying anything (we are on a septic tank and group water scheme) but we are still entitled to our €100 rebate. So I am up €100. Here's to a good night out for free.

NM

All they wanted was your details, one more on their list of customers for Ding dong denny 8-),
whats he old saying: theres no such thing as a free lunch ;)
Toss

Postby Micheál » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:47 am

To register for the grant you'll need to be first armed with this eye-watering list of credentials . . .

TIN (Transaction Identification Number) - from the Social Protection letter
WPRN (Water Point Reference Number) - also, it seems, from the Social Protection letter (& not anything quoted from Irish Water !!).
WAN (Water Account Number) or RN (Registration Number) – from Irish Water Bill or Registration Confirmation letter.
PPSN from Public Services Card, P60, P45, etc .
BIC (from your Bank Statement)
IBAN (from your Bank Statement)
Name of Bank Account (from Bank Statement of cheque book)

You couldn't make it up!

M.
Micheál
Skies are Blue

Postby Toss » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:19 am

Micheál wrote:To register for the grant you'll need to be first armed with this eye-watering list of credentials . . .

TIN (Transaction Identification Number) - from the Social Protection letter
WPRN (Water Point Reference Number) - also, it seems, from the Social Protection letter (& not anything quoted from Irish Water !!).
WAN (Water Account Number) or RN (Registration Number) – from Irish Water Bill or Registration Confirmation letter.
PPSN from Public Services Card, P60, P45, etc .
BIC (from your Bank Statement)
IBAN (from your Bank Statement)
Name of Bank Account (from Bank Statement of cheque book)

You couldn't make it up!

M.

I hear that there may be a change in the plan and only paid up IW customers will qualify for the grant .... oh shock horror :o that dinner is getting dearer by the minute NM :oops:

It must be some buzz to be able to get away with all their lies and still get voted back in to do the same thing time and time again.... and make yourself a fortune in the process.

But who else .... BangHead BangHead BangHead
Toss

Postby Toss » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:35 pm

Toss

Postby keeper » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:23 pm

Yes ! As I've said before it was a set up, notice as she left the building with the crowd converging not one Garda moved in or reacted to gather round to protect her :?: she HAD to know she was not going to be welcome in that area, and as such spoiled a day of great achievement for those people, Labour have cheated the people who voted for them and hopefully will get a stark reminder come GE time.
keeper

Postby gingertom » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:45 pm

zingerberi capillus et bene moratus.
gingertom
Advanced Member

Postby gingertom » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:12 pm

I must refer to the fact that under Article 10 of the Consitiution, the State owns all of the natural resources within it.This includes water.Old news this.
gingertom
Advanced Member

Postby gingertom » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:31 pm

ARTICLE 10

1 All natural resources, including the air and all forms of potential energy, within the jurisdiction of the Parliament and Government established by this Constitution and all royalties and franchises within that jurisdiction belong to the State subject to all estates and interests therein for the time being lawfully vested in any person or body.

2 All land and all mines, minerals and waters which belonged to Saorstát Éireann immediately before the coming into operation of this Constitution belong to the State to the same extent as they then belonged to Saorstát Éireann.

3 Provision may be made by law for the management of the property which belongs to the State by virtue of this Article and for the control of the alienation, whether temporary or permanent, of that property.

4 Provision may also be made by law for the management of land, mines, minerals and waters acquired by the State after the coming into operation of this Constitution and for the control of the alienation, whether temporary or permanent, of the land, mines, minerals and waters so acquired.

ARTICLE 11

All revenues of the State from whatever source arising shall, subject to such exception as may be provided by law, form one fund, and shall be appropriated for the purposes and in the manner and subject to the charges and liabilities determined and imposed by law.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/en/const ... html#part2

I include to inform debate.
gingertom
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Politics