Water and other political issues.

Anything relating to politics whatsoever to be posted here specifically. You may start as many topics as you like.

Re: Water.

Postby Toss » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:29 pm

This is worth a read ...... http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/what-is-ttip-and-six-reasons-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html.

Can you see whats happening ? ..... lambs to the slaughter, unless we stand up and fight for our rights.
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
User avatar
Toss
Somewhere over the rainbow
 
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: A figment of your imagination

Re: Water.

Postby gingertom » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:00 am

Toss wrote:This is worth a read ...... http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/what-is-ttip-and-six-reasons-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html.

Can you see whats happening ? ..... lambs to the slaughter, unless we stand up and fight for our rights.


http://ec.europa.eu/digital-agenda/en/e ... rship-ttip

This has been going on for the past few years in a veil of secrecy.Unfortunately I think its a done deal.It even takes a degree of tenacity to search and find on the EU website.

http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/in-focus/ttip/
zingerberi capillus et bene moratus.
User avatar
gingertom
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:30 pm
Location: with the wigs

Re: Water.

Postby grammer » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:38 am

sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
User avatar
grammer
The Spoon
 
Posts: 5330
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:30 am
Location: 7th rock from the sun

Re: Water.

Postby gingertom » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:06 am

zingerberi capillus et bene moratus.
User avatar
gingertom
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:30 pm
Location: with the wigs

Re: Water.

Postby Toss » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:16 pm

gingertom wrote:http://www.irishtimes.com/news/water-charges/public-forum-on-irish-water-met-with-deluge-of-tweets-1.2360775

A Public Forum on the water issue.


Ah yes ..... the public will be allowed speak ! funny but I thought the public have been speaking ... on the streets, in the papers and all over the media BUT it appears that is ignored and we need a "Public Water Forum, established by law as an 'independent' consultative body, will comprise 32 members. All told there will be 12 drawn from organisations representing specific interests, and 20 drawn from the general pool of water consumers."

I wonder who will pick the independent consultative body ? any chance it will be a state funded agency. Pointless exercise and just another waste of time and money, the people have spoken and Enda does not like what he hears, so lets get the 'right' people in to speak for the people :roll:
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
User avatar
Toss
Somewhere over the rainbow
 
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: A figment of your imagination

Re: Water.

Postby keeper » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:19 pm

The Water protest has gone very quite lately though dontknow
User avatar
keeper
Somewhere over the rainbow
 
Posts: 1674
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Water.

Postby gingertom » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:34 pm

Toss wrote:
gingertom wrote:http://www.irishtimes.com/news/water-charges/public-forum-on-irish-water-met-with-deluge-of-tweets-1.2360775

A Public Forum on the water issue.


Ah yes ..... the public will be allowed speak ! funny but I thought the public have been speaking ... on the streets, in the papers and all over the media BUT it appears that is ignored and we need a "Public Water Forum, established by law as an 'independent' consultative body, will comprise 32 members. All told there will be 12 drawn from organisations representing specific interests, and 20 drawn from the general pool of water consumers."

I wonder who will pick the independent consultative body ? any chance it will be a state funded agency. Pointless exercise and just another waste of time and money, the people have spoken and Enda does not like what he hears, so lets get the 'right' people in to speak for the people :roll:[/quote Said Grammer.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/en ... arges.html

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0921/729209-water/

One wonders how effective this body will be at implementing views expressed to this water forum. Critically, this will be most likely to have an advisory capacity and no real teeth to make their decisions bite. I must say that I highlighted, some considerable time ago a referendum (plebiscite) is the only way to get rid of water charges because of their basis in our national law.
zingerberi capillus et bene moratus.
User avatar
gingertom
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:30 pm
Location: with the wigs

Re: Water.

Postby gingertom » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:06 pm

For a number of years there has been little clarity given by the Dáil on the water charges imposed by the government in 2014. I hope all interested contibutors in this forum read the information to be had at the link below and make their own informed judgement on this issue.It has taken too long to put an air of certainty into what the essence of the existence of Irish Water in terms of how it relates to the water consumer as the 2014 act determined. This void of information has caused confusion amongst Irish people and in a most prescient manner, we are now definitively informed of the details via a most valid, noteworthy and creditable source.Draw your own conclusions contributors.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/en ... arges.html
zingerberi capillus et bene moratus.
User avatar
gingertom
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:30 pm
Location: with the wigs

Re: Water.

Postby Zirco » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:27 pm

gingertom wrote:For a number of years there has been little clarity given by the Dáil on the water charges imposed by the government in 2014. I hope all interested contibutors in this forum read the information to be had at the link below and make their own informed judgement on this issue.It has taken too long to put an air of certainty into what the essence of the existence of Irish Water in terms of how it relates to the water consumer as the 2014 act determined. This void of information has caused confusion amongst Irish people and in a most prescient manner, we are now definitively informed of the details via a most valid, noteworthy and creditable source.Draw your own conclusions contributors.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/en ... arges.html


Thanks gingertom,
I'm ok with paying my water bill....
In return I'd like the following...
1. A World Class water utility....the Irish people deserve it.
2. So..Clean potable water for all.....reduce leaks to a minimum....minimise wastage in Irish Water...no outrageous bonuses or expenses or perks. The utility should be run for the benefit of the people only. A safety net for those who cannot afford to pay. A robust effective system for non-payers.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light".
Dylan Thomas
User avatar
Zirco
Stellar Member
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:53 pm
Location: Came from Zircon, Multiverse to Dublin, Ireland, Earth, Multiverse

Re: Water.

Postby gingertom » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:34 pm

Zirco wrote:
gingertom wrote:For a number of years there has been little clarity given by the Dáil on the water charges imposed by the government in 2014. I hope all interested contibutors in this forum read the information to be had at the link below and make their own informed judgement on this issue.It has taken too long to put an air of certainty into what the essence of the existence of Irish Water in terms of how it relates to the water consumer as the 2014 act determined. This void of information has caused confusion amongst Irish people and in a most prescient manner, we are now definitively informed of the details via a most valid, noteworthy and creditable source.Draw your own conclusions contributors.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/en ... arges.html


Thanks gingertom,
I'm ok with paying my water bill....
In return I'd like the following...
1. A World Class water utility....the Irish people deserve it.
2. So..Clean potable water for all.....reduce leaks to a minimum....minimise wastage in Irish Water...no outrageous bonuses or expenses or perks. The utility should be run for the benefit of the people only. A safety net for those who cannot afford to pay. A robust effective system for non-payers.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D


Agreed. It must be noted that the state is the owner of Irish Water and has full legal personality similar to any citizen.
zingerberi capillus et bene moratus.
User avatar
gingertom
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:30 pm
Location: with the wigs

Re: Water.

Postby gingertom » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:25 pm

keeper wrote:The Water protest has gone very quite lately though dontknow


I suspect that when an election is called in the early new year, we then might see it resurface in any forum.The only way to get IW off the statute book is to make a referendum issue out of water charges.Pay or not pay, is and has always been mere folly.
zingerberi capillus et bene moratus.
User avatar
gingertom
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:30 pm
Location: with the wigs

Re: Water.

Postby Strum » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:31 pm

Image
User avatar
Strum
Administrator
 
Posts: 9564
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:03 pm
Location: Sallysupermarket, Thomastown.

Re: Water.

Postby gingertom » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:30 am

zingerberi capillus et bene moratus.
User avatar
gingertom
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:30 pm
Location: with the wigs

Re: Water.

Postby Strum » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:13 am

Hollingsworth has come under fire in Ireland for allegedly approaching politicians and other journalists who have spoken or written critically about Denni O’rainin by saying that he was researching an article for the Sunday Times magazine.



Isn't that the way to go though. Ferret deep down into the hole by no matter what means to get to the root?

http://www.theguardian.com/media/greens ... nis-obrien
User avatar
Strum
Administrator
 
Posts: 9564
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:03 pm
Location: Sallysupermarket, Thomastown.

Re: Water.

Postby Rocker » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:04 am

Good on the journalist. It takes guts to delve.
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
User avatar
Rocker
Globetrotter
 
Posts: 6146
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: The Rock

Re: Water.

Postby Toss » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:16 pm

So Paul Murphy n Co are to appear before the courts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you have to hand it to our gang, they do not know when to quit.

I can smell pantomine all over this ...... out steps St Joan to save the day or are we really heading down rebellion road ? Why oh why could they not just move on and leave well enough alone. This could well get very nasty, very quickly..... there is enough angry heads out there watching this to be stupid enough to rise to the bait.
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
User avatar
Toss
Somewhere over the rainbow
 
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: A figment of your imagination

Re: Water.

Postby grammer » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:10 pm

Toss wrote:So Paul Murphy n Co are to appear before the courts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you have to hand it to our gang, they do not know when to quit.

I can smell pantomine all over this ...... out steps St Joan to save the day or are we really heading down rebellion road ? Why oh why could they not just move on and leave well enough alone. This could well get very nasty, very quickly..... there is enough angry heads out there watching this to be stupid enough to rise to the bait.

Maybe that IS the idea and then ...................................................... dontknow dontknow dontknow dontknow dontknow
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
User avatar
grammer
The Spoon
 
Posts: 5330
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:30 am
Location: 7th rock from the sun

Re: Water.

Postby Rocker » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:48 am

Toss wrote:So Paul Murphy n Co are to appear before the courts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you have to hand it to our gang, they do not know when to quit.

I can smell pantomine all over this ...... out steps St Joan to save the day or are we really heading down rebellion road ? Why oh why could they not just move on and leave well enough alone. This could well get very nasty, very quickly..... there is enough angry heads out there watching this to be stupid enough to rise to the bait.


Isn't there something about not being able to have a Dail seat if you are prosecuted. Get rid of the opposition by giving them all a jail sentence.Banana republic or what??????
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.
William Allen White
User avatar
Rocker
Globetrotter
 
Posts: 6146
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: The Rock

Re: Water.

Postby keeper » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:21 pm

Yes Rocker ! The majority of those FG, FF,LAB and certain INDs should have been jailed before now, Toss is correct this could end up badly, it could easily galvanise the ordinary folk to protest even more strongly and unfortunately the diehard elements out there, this water thing seems to be quiet just now but I feel its simmering away and any perceived injustice to any of the people in the Courts could have massive repercussions. It looks like iPhone Joan is gunning for Murphy and Collins because they are a major threat to the so called Labour Party.
User avatar
keeper
Somewhere over the rainbow
 
Posts: 1674
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Water.

Postby grammer » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:17 pm

See they are getting free legal aid -more wasted money- dontknow dontknow dontknow dontknow dontknow
cos they need junior council-------
I thought the little lad knew it all. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
User avatar
grammer
The Spoon
 
Posts: 5330
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:30 am
Location: 7th rock from the sun

Re: Water.

Postby Toss » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:28 pm

grammer wrote:See they are getting free legal aid :

Good man grammer, let turn the heat up more ....
There is no such thing .... they are getting taxpayer funded legal aid
and what a great country we have, there must be a solicitor for every one of us at this stage, such is the legal gravy train. dontknow
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
User avatar
Toss
Somewhere over the rainbow
 
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: A figment of your imagination

Re: Water.

Postby grammer » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:42 pm

Toss wrote:
grammer wrote:See they are getting free legal aid :

Good man grammer, let turn the heat up more ....
There is no such thing .... they are getting taxpayer funded legal aid
and what a great country we have, there must be a solicitor for every one of us at this stage, such is the legal gravy train. dontknow

Yep there is as you say Toss,one for everybody in the audience, except the likes of you and me.(the ordinary Joe Soap)
sent from my PC and typed on a keyboard (old fashioned black colour) using three fingers
User avatar
grammer
The Spoon
 
Posts: 5330
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:30 am
Location: 7th rock from the sun

Re: Water.

Postby Strum » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:57 pm

May I ask you knowledgeable folks, why is a barrister essential in a civil law suit and not just a solicitor but both are needed?
User avatar
Strum
Administrator
 
Posts: 9564
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:03 pm
Location: Sallysupermarket, Thomastown.

Re: Water.

Postby Sinead » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:32 pm

Strum:

The Court determines the legal representation required. District Court is normally
a solicitor.

The elected representatives have nothing to do with these court cases, that has
been decided by the DPP.

Tony Gregory, if I remember correctly, served a short prison term because of the
street traders, he still held office in The Dail.

Sinéad
User avatar
Sinead
Somewhere over the rainbow
 
Posts: 1889
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: Co.Dublin

Re: Water.

Postby Toss » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:54 pm

Sinead wrote:The elected representatives have nothing to do with these court cases, that has
been decided by the DPP. Sinéad


As I understand it, the DPP is appointed and funded by the Government under recommendation from the Attorney General - who in turn is the senior legal advisor to the Government. Now the DPP is basically offering Paul Murphy the opportunity to make himself a martyr and nobody has bothered to have a chat with Joan Burton or seek her opinion on this course of action. As I said earlier, this could quickly get very nasty when the day in court arrives as common sense seems to have taken flight.
According to Myers-Briggs, I'm a "ENTJ-a"....
User avatar
Toss
Somewhere over the rainbow
 
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: A figment of your imagination

PreviousNext

Return to Politics



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest